Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2018, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

I get what you’re saying, Sonja and I want the show to go on for as long as it makes sense. But it’s not uncommon for casts to want to leave after their contracts are done, in order for them to pursue a movie career or other projects ... since they have to pass on a lot of those due to scheduling conflicts sometimes. Bob in particular has mentioned that in past cons and even ConaGeddon recently.

I want the show to go out on a high and I’ve had favourite shows which did just that so I didn’t feel that sad when it ended ... because it all wrapped up on a satisfactory note. Part of me wants it to go on for a few more years just to show that people were wrong about the show just being famous because of one guest star (yes I’m petty ) but that’s not right either.

I’ll be happy as long as the cast does what is best for them when it’s time to sign the contracts. It doesn’t mean we are any less of fans for wanting those things for them, but I also recognise that you might not feel the same way, Sonja, and that’s fine.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 04-02-2018, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If the cast wants to move on, and Jason figures out a way to properly wrap up the story he wants to tell, then I think six seasons is fine. That's a lot more than many shows get these days.

Additionally, even though Jason said he had a plan for a potential season seven, that may change down the line depending on how he writes season six.

I'd rather have a nice six seasons wrapped up well than an additional seventh season that goes off the rails. Sometimes too much story ruins everything (PLL.)

amelia | icon: mel
Old 04-02-2018, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This is what I've said in past discussions on this thread - I don't like when shows go on to long and lose their edge and their quality. Not saying that would happen with The 100, and I was honestly always fine with five seasons (I think five is perfect), but of COURSE I would accept more.

Sonja all Paulina is saying is the general trends that happen with shows/especially CW shows and how things have happened time and time again. Of course that doesn't necessarily mean it will happen for the The 100 and the cast will all leave (because as we know, it's rare for actors to just leave a TV show and become sudden stars), so we just will have to wait and see what happens, and enjoy in the meantime

Old 04-02-2018, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This is what I've said in past discussions on this thread - I don't like when shows go on to long and lose their edge and their quality. Not saying that would happen with The 100, and I was honestly always fine with five seasons (I think five is perfect), but of COURSE I would accept more.

Sonja all Paulina is saying is the general trends that happen with shows/especially CW shows and how things have happened time and time again. Of course that doesn't necessarily mean it will happen for the The 100 and the cast will all leave (because as we know, it's rare for actors to just leave a TV show and become sudden stars), so we just will have to wait and see what happens, and enjoy in the meantime

Old 04-02-2018, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I'm just looking forward to season 5 and hoping we get a season 6 right now.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:11 PM
Elite Fan

^I second that

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon
Old 04-02-2018, 11:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
There are other shows who have more than 6 seasons
Why do you think that The 100 is different to these shows and will not have more than 6 seasons?
It all comes down to ratings, how expensive a show is, etc. The 100 has always been on the bubble, they had their budget reduced before too. I've been following ratings/renewal/cencellation news for years, I'm just saying what I think is most likely going to happen. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows. For now the show still needs to be renewed for a 6th season.

Quote:
It also doesn't mean that actors don't appreciate the show or what it has done for their careers, it just means they want to explore other options and when you're a regular on a show, you can't audition for any Pilot leads or sometimes even movies for the siliest of reasons, like Bob mentioned a hair cut or something.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.

Last edited by Karma Police; 04-02-2018 at 11:59 PM
Old 04-03-2018, 01:55 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
I'd rather have a nice six seasons wrapped up well than an additional seventh season that goes off the rails. Sometimes too much story ruins everything (PLL.)
(OUAT)

I'm all for as much seasons as we can get, but I want the quality of the show to still be there. The further we go, the better the seasons get in my opinion (*completely ignores 3A*), and if we were to get an amazing season 5 and (most likely) 6. I'd be all for more seasons. But I'm not going to pretend I know what's going on in network bosses' heads, especially for the CW.
Old 04-03-2018, 04:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss the wind (View Post)
99% of the shows these days. Most of them just outlive their good seasons by far and become something totally unrecognisable by the end of it ... given the quality of the show so far, I doubt that it’d get to that point but still.

Right now, I’m just focused on getting a sixth season and hoping that there’s enough episodes to continue doing the story justice.

+ Sachin posting about Dystopia!

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 04-03-2018, 04:27 AM
Elite Fan

Oh Dystopia is so close.

Are you pumped, Paula and Sonja?

Old 04-03-2018, 06:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I definitely want a good ending for the show. I don't it dragging out crappy plots for another season or two before they finally end it like other shows. If they can give us a good S5 and a good S6, I'm all for a S7. But for now, just wanna focus on S5!
Old 04-03-2018, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanIcallYouKate (View Post)
Oh Dystopia is so close.

Are you pumped, Paula and Sonja?

Yes, so soon now.

I'm also focused on season 5 now, at least until it's time for renewals in May.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 04-03-2018, 09:30 AM
Elite Fan

So in a month we can agonize all over again about renewal or not

Only three weeks to go til premiere, how come that seems so long to me today

Old 04-03-2018, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, for some reason three weeks still seems like a lot.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 04-03-2018, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

It feels kinda short to me