Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2019, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would love to work with my best friend/soulmate/husband. Or, you know, just to even have a husband.
ICON
Old 06-15-2019, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriza (View Post)

And I think it has a lot to do with mob mentality as well. Because shipping creates some kind of community between the fans, an us-vs-them narrative, sometimes even the more moderate fans can contribute to enable the crazy ones. That's why I think that the overflowing 'we win' tweets are part of the problem too. Not as much, of course, as the directly bullying ones. People just think that their opinion is superior to the others and gives them the right to harass and judge anybody else, because they have moral superiority, so whatever they write, do is justified, the harrassed one 'deserved it, had it coming.' I saw in this 1 week period a lot of hate towards Eliza, Arryn, Bob, even some to the woman who moderates panels.
I actually just said something similar on the Bob thread, and what you've said is true.

I just really hope they still come to Montreal I'm going to shower them with niceness

Assuming they both make it through the season, it's so sweet to think of them going to work together That's so corny but it's true.

Old 06-15-2019, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope it works out for them to go to Montreal, too, Lisa. If they’re able to make it, then I hope the convention organizers really . . . look after them and make sure that the fans no what kinds of things are appropriate and what things aren’t.
ICON
Old 06-15-2019, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

It's sad that we still have to live in a time where people don't understand having boundaries.

The wedding present has made more money tonight Love being part of a fandom that wants to help others.

Example #24250348650680684684 of how sweet Bob is:
Old 06-15-2019, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ I was just about to post that too, Kate. Isn't that utterly the sweetest thing? Her two favourite colours and Bowie on it (also her nickname too, I believe?) ... he thought of all the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)

I love Bob’s complex relationship with the rover and how he wouldn’t drive it up to a cliff with Eliza in the car. Do we have any updates o Eliza’s driving habits, by the way? Does she still not drive?
She still doesn't, based on the SDCC interview last year. It was Bob's question to her re the "What do you not know about me, but want to?" bit, and she said that she might get her driver's license one day.

Quote:
I may be too casual for this intense drama, but t100 looks like an especially divided and problematic fandom. It reminds me of politics...

And I think it has a lot to do with mob mentality as well. Because shipping creates some kind of community between the fans, an us-vs-them narrative, sometimes even the more moderate fans can contribute to enable the crazy ones. That's why I think that the overflowing 'we win' tweets are part of the problem too. Not as much, of course, as the directly bullying ones. People just think that their opinion is superior to the others and gives them the right to harass and judge anybody else, because they have moral superiority, so whatever they write, do is justified, the harrassed one 'deserved it, had it coming.' I saw in this 1 week period a lot of hate towards Eliza, Arryn, Bob, even some to the woman who moderates panels.

It really is disturbing, and even if actors often get that they signed up for this with choosing this career path, and they should just deal with it, no. It's victim blaming. Nobody should feel this way, suffer the very invasive hate.
And dont get me started on the tweets that claims deactivating is a sign of weakness.

Sorry for the rambling.
It is, really. You should see the utter drama/toxicity in the fandom when season 3 was airing. Ugh, that was terrible and this situation totally reminds me of that again.

I absolutely agree with you there. The mob mentality just makes people overly vocal at times and somehow feel morally superior to the other side. Bellarkers are not exempt too, I didn't agree with the whole "we win" thing because Beliza being together does not (or should not) affect the outcome for Bellarke and rubbing it in CL fans' faces doesn't help the situation either. Having said that, I've seen a lot of hateful and disgusting tweets/actions of the other side too.

Yeah, I dislike it when people say," Oh you chose to be an actor so you just have to deal with the hate." No one signs up to be harassed and ridiculed, and shamed for their bodies (both BE) and thrown racist hate at (Bob).

The tweets mocking Bob for being weak for de-activating his account for his own well being, abhorrent is all I will say.

Also, it bugs me when I see people crapping on Arryn. Like leave the girl alone, whatever you may think of her (which is superficial anyway). It just contributes to the negativity in the fandom and reinforces the notion that Beliza/Bellarke stans treat her crappily.

Quote:
Back to nicer things. I saw a tweet, cant remember the exact wording, but the gist was the poster was happy that Bob didn't get married in the infamous bear shirt. Made me laugh maybe a bit more than necessary. Oh, how I miss the bear shirt.
That bear shirt. I like it but yeah, I'm happy that he didn't choose that for the wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damocles (View Post)

I just really hope they still come to Montreal I'm going to shower them with niceness

Assuming they both make it through the season, it's so sweet to think of them going to work together That's so corny but it's true.
I hope that they still do, Lisa.

It's SO sweet, honestly. Not a lot of people can say that, I feel like there's not many instances where both actors are the leads and married (though a lot of them end up dating) so that's just adorable.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 06-15-2019, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

There's so much negativity. I'm not surprised if Bob deactivated his twitter. He hates it. Fans need to take a step back from their personal life and know they are not their characters. Whoever's going to see Bob and Eliza soon at a con, please give them a giant hug for me.
Old 06-15-2019, 08:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

This is the thing I hate about social media particularly places like twitter. In Australia (I'm not sure if this term is used elsewhere around the world) we call people like this Keyboard Warriors (and it is not meant as a compliment). They are happy to hide behind the anonymity of their keyboard to post vile and disgusting things that they would never have the guts to say when it can be traced back to them to be held accountable for what they say and the fallout from it.
May the road rise up to meet you; May the wind be always at your back; May the sun shine warm upon your face; May the rains fall soft upon your fields; And until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
Old 06-15-2019, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We use that term here, too.

I was not aware that maroon is Eliza’s favorite color, but it definitely wasn’t a coincidence that Bob chose that color for her jacket! I wonder how much those jackets cost. They’re really cool. I want one for myself. And it could have my pumpkin on the back.
ICON
Old 06-15-2019, 09:08 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)

Example #24250348650680684684 of how sweet Bob is:
That’s adorable.

Hopefully Bob & Eliza reach a point where they realize the only thing that matters is them. Anyone who brings them down isn’t worth their time. It takes a little bit to get to that point, but once you do, there is so much peace there. I hope they can focus on and enjoy each other.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph26 (View Post)
That’s adorable.

Hopefully Bob & Eliza reach a point where they realize the only thing that matters is them. Anyone who brings them down isn’t worth their time. It takes a little bit to get to that point, but once you do, there is so much peace there. I hope they can focus on and enjoy each other.
I hope that for them as well. It's easier said than done, I still struggle with it sometimes, but life is so much better when you let go of opinions of people who are unimportant in your life and who only seem to want to bring you down. At the end of the day Bob and Eliza don't owe anyone anything, and the only opinions that matter are their own and their loved ones who, based on public statements, are really supportive and are happy for them.
May the road rise up to meet you; May the wind be always at your back; May the sun shine warm upon your face; May the rains fall soft upon your fields; And until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph26 (View Post)

100% agreed. All that matters that they’re in love, are happy, and want to spend the rest of their lives together. Their castmembers, family and friends are clearly happy for them as well. Everything else ... it’s just white noise.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 06-15-2019 at 10:14 PM
Old 06-16-2019, 12:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)

I'm NOT crying, you're crying!

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon
Old 06-16-2019, 12:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree, Kate. Just watched this as well and the song (combined with the clips) ... just perfect.

X

People were saying on Twitter that this scene might have been after Josephine!Clarke tried to sell the deal to Bellamy and he rejected it and then proceeded to trash the room (including destroying Josephine's self portrait, savage). We know some 15 minutes from the episode was cut, after all. Because when she first enters the room, she says that she doesn't want to fight with him again.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-16-2019, 12:49 AM
Elite Fan

huh, interesting

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon
Old 06-16-2019, 01:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

I came across this while going through my old Tumblr stuff:

Quote:
“First of all, Bellamy and Clarke have always been at the center of this show. It has always been the story of — on some level — Clarke and her relationship to Bellamy. And whether they were going to survive or not depended on how well those two human beings worked together — whether romantic or otherwise. I try not to take a position on it. I think it’s ultimately kind of a Rorschach test for people: any interpretation is right, there’s no right and wrong. Until we commit canonically to it, you’re free to interpret it any way you want.
I like that Jason said this because Bellarkers truly get a lot of crap for reading into scenes (happens even now) but as he said, it's up to interpretation as to whether the show is writing them as heading towards a romantic relationship. And truly, I feel with the scenes we got in 6X06, it's a lot more on-the-nose than it typically is. Bellamy being framed in the same shot as Lexa, his drawings and quotes being the most prominent of them all, him being a literal mess/wreck because she's dead and not wanting anything but revenge, etc. Let's just hope that we're not being off base.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won