Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-19-2018, 03:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
I can make a list and PM you if you want.
yes, please!
Old 10-20-2018, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Kate, could you share those recommendations here as well if that's okay?

I love this art :

X

Do you guys agree with this?

Quote:
As you have mentioned, and now rewatching I do see and so love Clarke 'heart-eyes to Bellamy' Griffin in S4. Bellamy as well to a lesser extent (?), but definitely in 413. I assume he knew about Niylah & of course he knew about L, so is that why he was more cautious? I know there was the end of the world on their minds lol, but when do you think his open romantic love to C was triggered? & do you think they both felt there was a possibility or were they still clueless of each other's feelings?
Quote:
Remember that s4 started with, first Clarke and Bellamy standing so close that we legit thought the promo pics were manips, but THEN getting imprisoned, and having Clarke tell her mother that she loved Lxa. WHILE Bellamy watched. While Kane noticed Bellamy watching. So, it’s quite possible that Bellamy goes into season 4 thinking that Clarke thinks of him only as a platonic, non romantic partner. I mean. She sent him into MW because it was worth the risk, and wasn’t around to witness her regret over that and her OBSESSION with keeping him safe, which Raven, Octavia and Lxa all witnessed. And then, she abandoned him, him personally “you left me,” outside of Camp Jaha. And THEN she refused to come home when he came to rescue her in Polis. And THEN she decided Lxa and her were the “we” instead of Bellamy and her, and tried to use him in the war. And then she cried and mourned over the damn chip the whole time. Yeah, sure, then she came home and gave him attention, and perhaps that intimate s3 finale and s4 opening made him think they had something special, but when she reinforced that she loved L? What’s he going to think. He doesn’t know that AbbyALIE said to start with Bellamy Blake. He doesn’t know that Lxa knew that she cared about Bellamy most. He doesn’t know that when she said ‘we’ she meant her and BELLAMY.

Jaha tries to tell him that Clarke needs him, and he brushes it off, because he has never seen how much she cares for him. I mean, she kind of makes sure he doesn’t. She hides it.

So in season 4. Bellamy is pretty sure Clarke doesn’t love him, their connection is “non-romantic.” I sometimes think that he recognized Clarke’s hand/cheek nuzzle as a sexual move and he didn’t want to be that to her. But now, after looking at this evidence, I might be leaning towards him seeing that hand/cheek nuzzzle as PLATONIC comfort, and he couldn’t handle being that intimate with her, and ran away, because he didn’t want to be platonic and was trying real hard to keep it there. So, in other words, he was “thrown by the intimacy” of her touch. And ran.

The next time he sees her, she’s coming in late to a meeting, after her tryst with Niylah. And he throws her a dirty look. He turns to his sister instead who is a jerk, and then he’s back with Clarke, being cold and business like, which confuses the HELL out of her, because the last time they were alone, he was putting her name on the list. She brings it back to Octavia, which is ALWAYS what she does when she wants to talk about her feelings for him or his feelings at all.

Come to think of it, no WONDER he reads it as platonic. She never talks to him about her feelings for him, she always talks about OCTAVIA, and is a nice, supportive friend. Okay, so they’re on another mission, and he thinks she’s dead for a second and she’s not and action scene and big relief and smile. Yes. Leading to the scene on the beach where Clarke confesses how special she thinks he is… and then is afraid she’s just blown up her spot and exposed her special feelings for him. But she has not. Because, as usual, it was couched in terms of his sister. But wait… has it? Because he looks at her like he DID just realize maybe she was talking about her feelings for him and he starts a confession about his feelings for her. WHICH SHE SHUTS DOWN, because Clarke Griffin is terrified of her feelings for him and doesn’t think he returns her feelings and doesn’t want to know and is afraid if anything concrete is said that will mean he will die.

But to HIM, Clarke is shutting down his feelings. Because it is platonic. Right? Right. Never mind. Just for a second and she said no, don’t say anything. Nothing is happening here. la la la. Okay. Back to Clarke not feeling things for him.

And then (after accepting he can’t save everyone and letting himself have some fun with a girl who looks suspiciously like clarke) they’re back to business. But Clarke kidnaps and imprisons him and holds a gun on him, which CLEARLY means she doesn’t care for him at all.

Except in the rover when he realizes she sacrificed humanity by opening the bunker instead of killing him. And he suddenly realizes she cares for him.

After that scene, his behavior towards her changes and he is barely separated from her at all, except for their final, fatal separation. He has realized she cares for him too and he wants to try to make something work between them, as soon as they get up to space. Which never happened.

Yes. I think they both recognized that they had a shot at something here. They were both open to something romantic. Clarke clung to it for 2199 days, but Bellamy thought she was dead and moved on. So finding out she was alive was a shock to his system.

He has to replay this WHOLE personal struggle in season 5. She is everything when he finds her again, but it’s been six years and he has a life, and he is with echo, so he isn’t IN that “i love her” space anymore, even though he does. And she is rather distant, because it’s been six years, and when she sees Echo she immediately goes back to that “platonic” relationship although she doesn’t have platonic feelings. When she leaves him behind to die, it is going back to that “she doesn’t care for me at all” space. Because remember. He’s been called on how he loves Clarke, like his girlfriend. He KNOWS. Everything changes when Madi tells him about those 2199 calls. He might have doubted that their romantic feelings were mutual over the course of 6 years. He might have had hope. When she left him, it was confirmation to him that she did not love him. But he was wrong.

She loves him.

That changes everything.
X

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 10-20-2018 at 08:23 AM
Old 10-20-2018, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Sure. It'll be a long list and it'll take me awhile to make it. Still not feeling well.

I agree with pieces of it. Like I don't like the hand nuzzle in 4X03 was a sexual move on Clarke's part. You?

everything else melts away — cupcakeblake: bellarke + taking care of each other
Old 10-20-2018, 06:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

I dont remember much from previous seasons (which is why i should do a rewatch ASAP), but overall this seems to make sense.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I kind of skimmed that, Sarah (the writing style made it hard for me to read parts), but I do believe that that’s how the bolder part SHOULD be. It just makes sense. Come on, Jason.

I love your whole post on the last page, Susan. Love the optimism.
ICON
Old 10-20-2018, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

You would think so right, April? Seriously, Jason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)

I agree with pieces of it. Like I don't like the hand nuzzle in 4X03 was a sexual move on Clarke's part. You?
I don't believe that either. It was just her way of showing that she wanted to be close to him, but I don't think that she meant it in a sexual/romantic way (at least, not consciously). Now, her radio-ing him for 2,199 days ... that's quite another thing altogether and I believe that Bellamy was shook because of that, because that ain't platonic.

And thanks, Kate! Just post it on your own time. And hope that you'll feel better soon.

An angsty set:

X

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 10-20-2018 at 09:36 AM
Old 10-20-2018, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

It's like he's in denial.

If the radio was platonic, she would have been radioing everyone.

Nice gifset.
Old 10-20-2018, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

At this point, there hasn’t even been anything to lead us to believe that she even bothered radioing anyone else.
ICON
Old 10-20-2018, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I mean, if I grabbed one of my guy friends' hands and nuzzled it they would literally say "what the hell are you doing" to me, but what can I say I also didn't necessarily see that as "sexual", but IMO it was more intimate than just two buddies.

Old 10-20-2018, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Intimate is, like, the word of choice for these two. But it’s so damn applicable!
ICON
Old 10-21-2018, 01:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
At this point, there hasn’t even been anything to lead us to believe that she even bothered radioing anyone else.
I just love it that thanks to Madi, it's been proven that she was radio-ing him and only him since naysayers were sure that she was referring to the others from time to time too.

Intimate is a good word, Lisa. Yeah, I wouldn't grab my guy friend's hand and then proceed to nuzzle it, that's for sure. I feel like Clarke didn't even think about her actions, she just did it because she's just so comfortable with him and wanted him close etc. I'd like to know what Bellamy was thinking in that moment, but guess that we'll never know.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 10-21-2018, 05:03 AM
Absolute Fan

I love that Bellarke and their adoptive kids Madi and Jordan were sitting so close together in this group pic

Old 10-21-2018, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
I just love it that thanks to Madi, it's been proven that she was radio-ing him and only him since naysayers were sure that she was referring to the others from time to time too.
Even we were saying that. We we’re trying to be, like, overly rational and not hyperbolic.
ICON
Old 10-21-2018, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL100 (View Post)
I love that Bellarke and their adoptive kids Madi and Jordan were sitting so close together in this group pic

Me too. Hopefully, that bodes well for the family dynamic in season 6.

True, April. We're so overly skeptical and suspicious of anything these days, that we refuse to take anything as a good sign. (seems like we were right to, though )

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 10-21-2018, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

The internet on my phone this morning is a nightmare! Super annoyed.

Nice group picture.

Seemed pretty clear she was only talking to Bellamy. She didn't make any comments that were things she'd only say to Raven for example.