Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-26-2011, 04:43 AM
Elite Fan

The acting isn't the greatest, true, but I was able to overlook that for the pilot since it eas so innocently quirky. The only reason I really disliked the show was because I started watching it with my best friend when season 3 was airing (I believe) and the number of times they said "sex" and Amy's complaints were like nails on a chalk board.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:00 AM
Master Fan

Sorry Cristal, they keep saying sex alot. Too late for me, I am hooked now, because I want to see what happens with Ricky and Amy. To be honest Ricky is the main character I like.

"Why'd you have to be so cute, it's impossible to ignore you." Icon: Sweet Pea.
Cee Cee
Old 05-26-2011, 06:21 AM
Elite Fan

I noticed It's just the way sex comes up - "My dad died because I had sex...really great sex and I liked it!" I'm sorry, but Grace is just....
Old 05-26-2011, 08:52 AM
Total Fan

Lisa congrats on the new nephew! And that's great for your sister not to have to worry about 2 different bday parties but trust me your older nephew will not enjoy it someday

Cristal - oh know! you have gone to the Secret Life dark side Okay so I watched season 1. Lauged my butt off everytime bc the acting was just that crazy. Then I started to watch season 2 and it made me cringe. When Grace the "good girl christian - gone bad" lost her virginity I was through w/ the show. Not that I'm a christian or a good girl lol but I thought that was one topic on the show that was worth having since everyone else was sex-crazed!! Then I hear another girl is now pregnant. So to me it's just glorifying teen pregnancy at this point and I can't bear to watch. Not to mention I'm a bit over the age of the demographic for that show. And I swear if that's really how teens are today I will never have children! Because I know when I was in school we were not that sex crazed like these tv kids are! Brenda Hampton just seems so out of touch with reality - yet people still watch!

And I do remember that line about her dad dying bc she had sex and I couldn't even take it seriously I was choking on my snack!!
Old 05-27-2011, 07:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregirl82 (View Post)
Lisa congrats on the new nephew! And that's great for your sister not to have to worry about 2 different bday parties but trust me your older nephew will not enjoy it someday
True. I'm sure his opinion will change once having a baby around isn't so new. He's 11 right now so he only has a few more years until the important birthdays start happening.

It's sad when you find out someone you were good friends with (even if you haven't seen them in 4 years) died.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:36 AM
Elite Fan

How rude of me! Congrats on the nephew Lisa I thought I said it earlier!

And... I'm done with secret life. I got as far as mid season 3, not even...(or is it season 2?) And I just can't with all this swapping of partners or grace and adrian...I cringe every time they're on screen. The only thing I'm interested in is Ricky (you're right CeeCee) and a bit of Amy. Other than that, I can't really keep watching more of this
Old 05-27-2011, 11:34 AM
Master Fan

Thanks Cristal.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:01 PM
Master Fan

Fair enough Cristal. I really watch it for the Ricky and Amy story line now. I really have never taken the show seriously. I think Brenda Hampton made a great choice in the casting of Ricky, I think he's a good actor and I would love to see him get a chance to do some other roles.

"Why'd you have to be so cute, it's impossible to ignore you." Icon: Sweet Pea.
Cee Cee
Old 05-29-2011, 03:28 PM
Total Fan

I'm gonna give that switched at birth a looksy. Just bc the one girl is deaf or playing deaf and a lot of sign language will be used which I need to brush up on But overall the plot looks interesting.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:09 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm going to give Switched at Birth a chance because Austin Butler (Jones) will be in it.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:59 PM
Total Fan

well I'll be a monkey's uncle....how'd I not know that
Old 05-29-2011, 07:33 PM
Addicted Fan

I didn't know until I read it in the Lux/Jones thread.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:07 AM
Total Fan

well see I don't go in that thread anymore! Well good atleast I can say I'll be watching one ex cast member on tv!
Old 05-30-2011, 07:21 AM
Elite Fan

Is he in that? He's in Sharpay's Fabulous adventure but I'm still not going to watch that
Old 05-30-2011, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristalBuddy (View Post)
Is he in that? He's in Sharpay's Fabulous adventure but I'm still not going to watch that
Ya I caught him in a preview for that and got excited then realized what movie it was and laughed cause I knew I would never watch that