Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

I'm sorry, Joy. You're completely welcome for the votes. I know it doesn't make up for it, but I'm glad that you at least will get an autograph out of the deal.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Master Fan

Just popped in to say Happy Mothers Day to all the gorgeous Mums out there and to those who aren't Mums happy Mothers Day to those you love.

"Why'd you have to be so cute, it's impossible to ignore you." Icon: Sweet Pea.
Cee Cee
Old 05-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Master Fan

Sorry Joy I'm glad at least someone you know won though.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there!
Old 05-08-2011, 08:52 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
I'm sorry, Joy. You're completely welcome for the votes. I know it doesn't make up for it, but I'm glad that you at least will get an autograph out of the deal.
thanks Keri! She said she'd get me an autograph but thus far I haven't heard from her lol. Its cool I never buy into what people say most of the time anyways

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's....whether your a mom of actual humans or fluffy creatures! Hope you all have a wonderful mother's day!
Old 05-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Happy Mother's Day How is everyone doing?
Old 05-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Total Fan

Well no kitties again today. We went to the Pennsylvania animal shelter. The GPS said 32 min but it took us a lot longer and it wasn't a very good neighborhood to go through. But we got there I was told I'd be responsible for bringing the kittens back 2 weeks for shots then again for spay/nueter etc. So because of the hike I opted out of taking kittens from this shelter. Gonna try my local one which is 15 min away.

But I have to say I almost walked out with a cat! It broke my heart. There must of been about 200 hundred or more cats lined up in cages. This one orange tabby saw me and ploppedon his back and stuck his paws out for me to pet him. He kept purring and just wanted my attention then the next thing I know there were other cats meowing for attention. I had to get out of there bc I was going to break down in tears. There were also about 150 dogs in cages. The girl told me they spend 24/7 there bc they dont have many volunteers to take them out and walk them.

I urge anyone who has ever thought about getting a pet to consider adopting. Older pets (esp. cats) have such a hard time finding homes. Everyone wants a cute kitten to love which is understandable but I've adopted 2 of my cats as adult cats and they were the best cats ever! I wish irresponsible pet owners who refuse to spend the money to spay or neuter would go to a shelter bc if they did they'd hopefully think twice about letting their cats have kittens!

Sorry for the long rant but I'm still sad I couldn't adopt one. I keep telling myself I can't save them all. But I know the reality, 95% of them will never leave that shelter
So spread the word about adoption (or someday maybe adopt yourself) and if you have a shelter and the time think about volunteering. I can't wait to finally get some foster kitties and I also hope to be able to volunteer this summer too.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Master Fan

Cristal, I read that Lucky book last night. I can't even imagine everything she went through. From the rape to catching the guy to what happened to her friend to losing everything and everyone. So heartbreaking. How did someone so young deal with it all? It blows my mind.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:34 AM
Elite Fan

Happy b-lated Mother's Day to all the mothers

Lisa, I read the book in one day, too. It really is mind blowing! The way they manipulated her during the trial and line-up, the twist at the end, just every thing!! Women are so strong sometimes, its admirable.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:35 AM
Master Fan

Ugh, the line-up thing pissed me off so bad.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Total Fan

I don't think I could read that book. I can barely sit through Oprah episodes that deal with that kind of content. But maye I'll see if the library has it in and give it a whirl. I've been looking forward to something to read this summer.

btw Cristal saw some of ur graduation pics!! Woohoo!!! Congrats you looked great! And is that your nephew in those pics?? I didn't want to say anything on FB just in case it wasn't.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you Joy and yes that's him we've been hesitant about posting pictures of him on facebook but I'm not ashamed and I was so happy to have him there. I'm just not being completely vocal about it since some people on facebook are just there to be nosy and gossip, you know?
Old 05-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Total Fan

he looks very comfortable with all of you already!

yeah I know FB has a lot of nosy people hence the reason I try and be very selective in my friends acceptance
Old 05-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Elite Fan

I think he's really happy to know another side of family that he always knew was out there. I'm suprised how easily he hugs us and calls my brother "dad" and my mom "grandma", its cute! I think he's at this stage where we are "a new toy", its all new to us so it took us a while to tell him when to behave or "no" but now we try and sometimes he won't listen. That has to change for sure!
Old 05-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Aww Congratulations, Cristal!!!

I just checked out your graduation pictures and they are awesome! Your nephew is adorable! It's great that he is already so open with all of you. (And I'm sure the discipline will come...it's always hard.)