Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-18-2010, 06:02 AM
Master Fan

Whoa, I've never paid only $5 for a concert. That is awesome.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:36 AM
Master Fan

This concert was $5 if you bring a toy to donate to toys for tots otherwise it was $10. Either way if was very cheap. Plus It was for a good cause. I almost wish the tix were $50 or more because the band has to make a living. This band is too good not to make it.

4/29/06 was the greatest day of my life and one that I will never forget. Thank you Shiri.

You're adorkable!! - Hell on Heels

Last edited by EARLBNY; 12-18-2010 at 11:07 AM
Old 12-18-2010, 10:19 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARLBNY (View Post)
I have a question. On average how much are concert tickets & how long does the band play for & how many songs do they play?
the highest amount I paid for a concert tix was $175.00 for front row seats and it was well worth it.

It always depends on artist, venue, location and what kind of performer they are.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregirl82 (View Post)
the highest amount I paid for a concert tix was $175.00 for front row seats and it was well worth it.

It always depends on artist, venue, location and what kind of performer they are.
That's a lot of money. Who was it for? The highest I paid was $75 for 2nd row seats.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Total Fan

Janet Jackson. I actually spent it twice. And that was face value! But well worth it. She puts on a 2 1/2 hour show with costume changes and it's theatrical.
The second highest paid well I guess I should say I didn't pay for it but my mom's bf did at the time was Madonna. They were about $150.00.
My cousin's and I paid $75 for Pink Last year and we were the last row in the venue!! But her show was well worth it too.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's so crazy! I never spend that much money on concerts. But I rarely get good seats. I'd rather have the cheap seats then spend that much money
Old 12-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Total Fan

yeah well I'm the same person who spent the night on the streets of Harlem NY to meet Janet and spent the night outside of NBC studios just to see her on the Today show. I saw her 4x in concert in one month. I am also the same person who stood in line for hours outside of TRL waving my poster lol. The stuff I did for that women you can say I was quite crazy! I dont think I'll be sleeping outside anymore in the 20 degree weather however I can't say I wouldn't pay that much to see her again cause she's touring again this spring and I'm so there at whatever cost!
Old 12-18-2010, 11:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Janet Jackson. I actually spent it twice. And that was face value! But well worth it. She puts on a 2 1/2 hour show with costume changes and it's theatrical.
The second highest paid well I guess I should say I didn't pay for it but my mom's bf did at the time was Madonna. They were about $150.00.
My cousin's and I paid $75 for Pink Last year and we were the last row in the venue!! But her show was well worth it too.
I am not a big fan of costume changes and theatrical shows and people that dance. I am more of a plug in a and play kind of guy. I don't need a fancy set. If thats your thing more power to you. The last concert I saw where I spent $150.00 was probably Clapton/Winwood or The Who at MSG. I was in the noose bleeds. So worth it it. However as much as I wanted to see The Police and Cream I just could not spend that kind of money. I have spent $150.00 to see the Counting Crows in concert. They are one of my all time favorite bands and I will spend whatever to go see them. I have seen the Crows play for free and have spent $200.00 to see them. Always worth it in my book. Yarn is unknown so they are still playing for pennies. The most I spent to see Yarn was $20.00. I saw a concert at Radio City on NYE a few years ago and spent $100.00 for tenth row day of show off of eBay.

4/29/06 was the greatest day of my life and one that I will never forget. Thank you Shiri.

Old 12-18-2010, 11:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
yeah well I'm the same person who spent the night on the streets of Harlem NY to meet Janet and spent the night outside of NBC studios just to see her on the Today show. I saw her 4x in concert in one month. I am also the same person who stood in line for hours outside of TRL waving my poster lol. The stuff I did for that women you can say I was quite crazy! I dont think I'll be sleeping outside anymore in the 20 degree weather however I can't say I wouldn't pay that much to see her again cause she's touring again this spring and I'm so there at whatever cost!
I would do the same for my favorite bands. One of the best moments of my life was when I got to hang out in a bar having drinks with the Counting Crows down in New Orleans. I once saw 4 concerts in 1 week in 2 different states. I have this friend who last time I checked was 30K in debt from going to concerts. She has slept in her car or on the side of the road or in a sleeping bag on th sidewalk just to see her favorite bands play. I am not in concert debt.

Old 12-19-2010, 06:21 AM
Elite Fan

The most I paid was $120 for Lollapalooza but thats a 3 day concert with over 100 musical acts (I think)
Old 12-19-2010, 02:43 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARLBNY (View Post)
I am not a big fan of costume changes and theatrical shows and people that dance. I am more of a plug in a and play kind of guy. I don't need a fancy set. If thats your thing more power to you. The last concert I saw where I spent $150.00 was probably Clapton/Winwood or The Who at MSG. I was in the noose bleeds. So worth it it. However as much as I wanted to see The Police and Cream I just could not spend that kind of money. I have spent $150.00 to see the Counting Crows in concert. They are one of my all time favorite bands and I will spend whatever to go see them. I have seen the Crows play for free and have spent $200.00 to see them. Always worth it in my book. Yarn is unknown so they are still playing for pennies. The most I spent to see Yarn was $20.00. I saw a concert at Radio City on NYE a few years ago and spent $100.00 for tenth row day of show off of eBay.
See not me. I enjoy a show. Especially if I'm paying that kind of money you better give me entertainment!!
I can't do concerts where you sit back and just listen. Cause for me I'd rather just save my money and listen to the CD it's basically all the same.
I used to go to alot of concerts. The last one I went to was Taylor Swift I was a chaperone! Geez I used to have to find chaperones and now I am one! Taylor was actually very good live and I had mixed feelings going to see her. But her tix were only like $60 so it wasn't that bad even if I didn't enjoy it. We actually had a show within a show cause Kate Gosselin showed up with her dozen kids and caused a bunch of chaos
Old 12-19-2010, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

How fun Joy! I would have loved to go see Taylor Swift though, she never comes near here. I used to go to concerts all the time when I was a teenager and this year I only went to 2.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:09 PM
Total Fan

yeah I used to go to a lot too when my money was my money. But now my money belongs to my car and my rent and my grocery's and my gas!!
Old 12-19-2010, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ya I know the feeling. Money isn't mine either.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
See not me. I enjoy a show. Especially if I'm paying that kind of money you better give me entertainment!!
I can't do concerts where you sit back and just listen. Cause for me I'd rather just save my money and listen to the CD it's basically all the same.
I used to go to alot of concerts. The last one I went to was Taylor Swift I was a chaperone! Geez I used to have to find chaperones and now I am one! Taylor was actually very good live and I had mixed feelings going to see her. But her tix were only like $60 so it wasn't that bad even if I didn't enjoy it. We actually had a show within a show cause Kate Gosselin showed up with her dozen kids and caused a bunch of chaos
I am kind of the same way just minus the big show. I have heard so many people say they saw the Counting Crows in concert and they sucked because they sounded nothing like there albums and there songs went on forever. I am the complete opposite. The a big part of why I love seeing the Counting Crows in concert. The more the band switches up the songs and experiments the better. I don't need any costume changes or elaborate sets. Just walk on stage plug in your instruments or not and just play and get all sweaty and take your songs on a journey and create an album in front of my eyes. I can't stand bands that take the stage and sound just like there albums. That is so boring. I will take Taylor over most pop stars however musically she does nothing for me. Plus in my book she is not a country singer.

Here are 2 Counting Crows examples of Studio VS Live. Without a set. It’s an emotional roller coaster.

Last edited by EARLBNY; 12-20-2010 at 07:43 AM