Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregirl82 (View Post)
haha I actually don't ...but that reminds me of the one year I was heading with a friend to see The Rockettes at Radio City. And were standing on the corner waitin for the light when my friend leans over and taps me and says, "is that Oliver Platt standing next to me?" I look over and I'm like, "yeah seems to be!" My friend was like omg do I say hi I'm like sure go for it. So he leans over and he says, "Hi Oliver, big fan how are you doing?!" He was like, "good, how about yourselves?" He was really nice, told us to enjoy the show. It was like just wierd to randomly bump into a celebrity but I guess in NYC that happens to many people.
My biggest accomplishment was meeting Janet Jackson. She's been my favorite singer (and of course Michael) since I was a little girl. So that for me was like okay can officially die happy now!
I knew it. After you read his Bio below you may know some of the work he has worked on. He is a close friend of Adam Duritz (The lead singer for The Counting Crows). One thing Wiki forgot to mention is that he is a member of the Rock of Ages band and produced the Broadway soundtrack.

Dave Gibbs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's so cool that you met him. Only in NY.

I once went to Vegas and saw Mathew Fox, Elvis Costelo, Diana Krool, and Joan Rivers. They were all in the airport. Joan looked so scary.

4/29/06 was the greatest day of my life and one that I will never forget. Thank you Shiri.

You're adorkable!! - Hell on Heels
Old 11-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I actually don't know who he is either.

I always have this weird thought in my head that I could be walking or standing next to a celebrity and not even know it I doubt it's happened yet but I'm never that aware of my surroundings to pay attention to something like that.

I'm sure Joan Rivers looked scary

Watching "While You Were Sleeping" on TV right now. It's set in Chicago. See what I mean! Things in Chicago and I don't even know it. Public Enemies, Prison Break, Dark Knight, Transformers 3, heck....Stranger Than Fiction was filmed on my campus But I didn't go to school here yet. My sister, though, she said she may have spotted Will Ferrell.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Giants win the world series!! Im so happy right now
Old 11-02-2010, 04:22 AM
Elite Fan

Congrats Nat I haven't followed baseball all year That's a first since 2005. Strange...
Old 11-02-2010, 07:36 AM
Total Fan

saw a recap of some of the game. Sucks that Lee pitched one bad throw and that was the game. But that's baseball. Haven't watched it since phillies lost. I still love Cliff Lee and feel bad this is his 2nd WS appearance in a row and he can't win a ring

Quote:
I always have this weird thought in my head that I could be walking or standing next to a celebrity and not even know it I doubt it's happened yet but I'm never that aware of my surroundings to pay attention to something like that.
haha you could be walking next to Oprah!!
Old 11-02-2010, 07:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristalBuddy (View Post)
Yeah, I actually don't know who he is either.

I'm sure Joan Rivers looked scary

Watching "While You Were Sleeping" on TV right now. It's set in Chicago. See what I mean! Things in Chicago and I don't even know it. Public Enemies, Prison Break, Dark Knight, Transformers 3, heck....Stranger Than Fiction was filmed on my campus But I didn't go to school here yet. My sister, though, she said she may have spotted Will Ferrell.
Joan Rivers face did not move at all. She had some security guard get her on the plane before everyone else. She was screaming in her annoying Jewish voice to move out of her way.

Will Ferrell is so funny. Over the summer they filmed a movie at my High School I work at. I did not see any stars however it was pretty cool.

I have never been to Chicago. One of these days I would love to visit the windy city.

I tip my cap to the SF Giants. First World Series win since moving to San Fran. As a Baseball fan I watched the series but it was not that exciting. What’s great about Baseball is that in the playoffs anything can happen. Both the Yankees and the Philly’s got knocked out.

4/29/06 was the greatest day of my life and one that I will never forget. Thank you Shiri.

You're adorkable!! - Hell on Heels
Old 11-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
saw a recap of some of the game. Sucks that Lee pitched one bad throw and that was the game. But that's baseball. Haven't watched it since phillies lost. I still love Cliff Lee and feel bad this is his 2nd WS appearance in a row and he can't win a ring

haha you could be walking next to Oprah!!
Ya Cliff Lee was amazing the whole game. I for sure thought we'd have to go to game 6 but nope!
Old 11-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Total Fan

Cliff Lee is phenomenol. And I still hate we gave him up. Be sure to see him with the Yankees next year

will you go to the parade? Do they have one??

our parade was AMAZING! I never seen so many people in my life!!! It was a moment worth waiting for.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

There is a parade tomorrow morning. Im thinking about going San Fran is less than an hour from me so its not a long drive I just don't know if its a good idea to bring my kids. Im still thinking about it.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Total Fan

well I don't know what San Fran's parade would be like. Ours was long!! From start to finish probably almost 2 hours of waiting!
Old 11-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Total Fan

ooops sorry DP!

I swear if I have to hear Cate say "I want to be worthy of you" anymore I will officially puke!!!

ETA: so all the chaperone's are having sex!
Old 11-02-2010, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
well I don't know what San Fran's parade would be like. Ours was long!! From start to finish probably almost 2 hours of waiting!
Ya Im sure it will be crazy
Old 11-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Total Fan

yeah it's crazy! There was over a million people that showed up! The city all around the stadiums was completely shut down. Only way in was to walk or take public transit!! But it was worth it. I have to say if they had gone to the WS this year and won I wouldn't ahve gone to the parade I would of watched it on tv
Old 11-04-2010, 03:58 AM
Elite Fan

I think school is insisting on killing me
Old 11-04-2010, 08:11 AM
Total Fan

hang in there. Picture your graduation day, walking down the aisle to get your degree and realizing that all the stress and aggravation was so worth it!!