Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-25-2010, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Open Bar (OT) #15: Posting here is so much more fun than school!

Welcome to the OT thread.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

tftnt Nat! I love the title. TRUEST. STATEMENT. EVER.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:49 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT Nat

Stopping by really quickly before I go to bed just to see how you are all doing. Are they behaving Danielle? Despite the tagline for the thread I've actually gotten progress with a load of assignments due this week. I've had to stop myself from coming in here to procrastinate

Anyway. Enjoy your time ladies, keep posting Miss you all!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:55 AM
Total Fan

miss you too cristal. Keep yourself working, it will pay off in the end.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Glad you are getting work done Cristal
Old 10-26-2010, 09:39 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread.

4/29/06 was the greatest day of my life and one that I will never forget. Thank you Shiri.

You're adorkable!! - Hell on Heels
Old 10-26-2010, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Miss you, too, Cristal! I'm glad you are being productive and resisting the temptation to procrastinate. Keep it up, and I'm sure you'll be back posting with us soon.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread! Love the title!!

They are behaving like little angels, Cristal!
Old 10-26-2010, 11:48 AM
Master Fan

I just started reading the book Talking to Girls About Duran Duran
One Young Man's Quest for True Love and a Cooler Haircut
By Rob Sheffield. I highly recommend this book even if you were not around in the 80's. I loved Rob's frirst book Love is a Mixtape. This book is just as good if not better. Here is some more info on the book and the auther.

Rob Sheffield

Rob Sheffield has been a music journalist for more than twenty years. He is a contributing editor at Rolling Stone, where he writes about music, TV, and pop culture, and regularly appears on MTV and VH1. He is the author of the New York Times bestseller Love Is a Mix Tape, which has been translated into French, German, Swedish, Italian, Japanese, Russian, and other languages he cannot read. He lives in Brooklyn, NY.

Growing up in the eighties, you were surrounded by mysteries. These were the years of MTV and John Hughes movies, the era of big dreams and bigger shoulder pads. Like any teenage geek, Rob Sheffield spent the decade searching for true love and maybe a cooler haircut. Talking to Girls About Duran Duran is his tale of stumbling into adulthood with a killer soundtrack. Inept flirtations. Dumb crushes. Deplorable fashion choices. Girls, every last one of whom was madly in love with the bassist of Duran Duran.

In his first book, the national bestseller Love Is a Mix Tape, Sheffield shared a heartbreaking true story of love and grief. With Talking to Girls About Duran Duran, he returns with a smart, funny, and emotionally pitch-perfect trip through the music and memories of the eighties. As a confused teenager stranded in the suburbs, mowing lawns, and playing video games, Rob had a lot to learn about women, love, music, and himself. But he was sure his radio had all the answers, whether he was driving an ice cream truck through Boston to "Purple Rain," slam dancing to The Replacements, or pondering the implications of Madonna lyrics.

From Bowie to Bobby Brown, from hair metal to hip-hop, he loved them all. Talking to Girls About Duran Duran is a journey through pop culture of an American adolescence that will remind you of your first crush, first car, and first kiss. But it's not just a book about music. This is a book about moments in time, and the way we obsess over them through the years. Every song is a snapshot of a moment that helps form the rest of your life. Whenever you grew up, and whatever your teenage obsessions, Talking to Girls About Duran Duran brings those moments to life.

4/29/06 was the greatest day of my life and one that I will never forget. Thank you Shiri.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Total Fan

you sound like Shiri w/ your book reviews!!

I always tend to start books and never finish them.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have that problem too Joy I hate it but I never find time to finish a book and then I just end up forgetting about it after a while.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregirl82 (View Post)
you sound like Shiri w/ your book reviews!!

I always tend to start books and never finish them.
I am sorry to let you down but everyhing below the bold font was cut and pasted from some website. I was at work when I posted that and did not have a lot of time to post it.

I am the same way as well. I am not much of a reader. Plus I always seem to have a hard time focusing. Even books on tapes don't always work for me. I need lots of pictures and less then 100 pages. My little cousins on the other hand love to read. Shiri is the queen of reading.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love to read too. I used to read all the time but I just don't have the time for it anymore. I wish I did.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Total Fan

I get attached to books. Like when I find a book I really like I can't put it down and end up finishing it in 1-2 days. Like Time Traveler's Wife, My Sister's Keeper, and The Lovely bones were all read in one day!
Old 10-27-2010, 11:32 AM
Master Fan

That’s impressive.