Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-22-2010, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

I am as well Joy! I was always a good student but there was a lot of pressure for one test I wasn't prepared for so I cheated.

Ya that's a good point Cristal its the fact that it was Math's answer key that's gonna be a big deal when this comes out
Old 09-23-2010, 04:36 AM
Elite Fan

She's most likely going to get grounded for this and quite possibly tutored to make sure she gets her grades up. I wonder how she'll get caught though...
Old 09-23-2010, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristalBuddy (View Post)
This teenager I was a Cate in high school.

I think what makes this worse about Lux cheating, though, is that it's Math's answer key. This is going to have some deep repercussions - maybe Math will have to move out or...I don't know. It's a confidentiality issue at this point.
Me too, Cristal! Again, I was totally Cate in high school, college, and law school. I remember I "cheated" once in junior high (I picked up my quiz after it had already been turned in and changed the spelling of one answer so it wouldn't be counted wrong and I would get a "perfect" score.) I felt so guilty that I confessed to my teacher that same day and I NEVER cheated again. Yep...I'm a nerd.

And you make a really good point about the possible repercussions of it being Math's answer key. I wonder if he will get in trouble, or, like you said, he will be forced to move out of a residence that is sometimes occupied by one of his students. It will be interesting.

I can't wait to see how Lux get's caught. Poor Cate and Baze.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:57 AM
Total Fan

I think we have all been a little guilty of it somewhere along the line.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ya you would think that the school would somehow blame Math for this. He shouldn't be bringing the answer key home or not leave it out in the open.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:18 PM
Elite Fan

Why would he even bring it to the loft...where Lux hangs out...and is failing...and struggling?

Old 09-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Master Fan

Did anyone think that maybe the reason Lux has such problems with her grades is because she has a learning disability?
Old 09-28-2010, 09:38 PM
Elite Fan

It can be a possibility! I mean, she's only been to the dentist twice so you never know if they even bothered with giving her disability tests...
Old 09-28-2010, 09:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

No, I don't think she has a learning disability. I think it makes sense for her to be behind considering her background. She's been in and out of schools because she's been bounced around foster care her whole life. Different schools study different things at different times. She would constantly be behind playing catch up when she was moved. She didn't have parents telling her it was important to do well or putting money in a college fund for her. She probably had more important things to worry about than getting good grades and never really saw herself going to college. And, she was obviously not in the greatest school before Cate transferred her. If Longfellow had gang fights and criminals, it probably wasn't a very good school and didn't have as high of standards as Westmont.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
Did anyone think that maybe the reason Lux has such problems with her grades is because she has a learning disability?
I haven't seen the episode yet, but I don't think that's it. I had issues with my grades when I was younger , but my parents noticed and got me a tutor. As well as some educational computer games to help me with reading, and by the end of the 1st term in the next grade I had really started to turn a corner.

I know this sounds like an excuse, but I know first hand that sometimes the teachers don't explain stuff in way that everyone understands. Lux's issues with school work are probably increased because she has holes in her foundation that were never addressed when she was younger. I'm not saying Math is a bad teacher, but I don't think his teaching style is a style that Lux understands.

I had a math teacher in 7th grade who didn't explain things in a way I understood. My mom spent a lot of time re-explaining my homework that year.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think she doesn't do well in school cause she never had to before. There was no reason for her to put an effort into her school work and no one there to help her. It makes complete sense that she never tries and now that she's in a good school she's too far behind and too afraid to ask for help
Old 09-28-2010, 10:31 PM
Master Fan

True, a lot of teachers don't explain things well enough for everyone to follow. And it makes sense with her background and the hectic year she's had that Lux would have problems keeping track. It's just Lux is an intelligent girl and has some stability in her life now. And I can see Cate laying down rules like homework finished before getting to watch tv. So I do think something may be up.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think Cate and Baze just haven't been putting rules on school work or anything for that matter. They didn't really think school was an issue until it became one. I can see them doing that now though.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:36 AM
Elite Fan

That actually makes sense. When I struggled in school, usually math, it was because I wasn't given the attention I needed in class. Not that I needed a one-on-one education thing but some people don't understand things the same way. Thats why when I got to college I needed my sister to explain everything to me because she knows how I understand math now. Each person is different and I think that may be how Lux absorbs information.

I wonder if she's at least stronger in one subject than the other? Usually people who struggle with english are much stronger in math and science.

And let me just say - Either Britt really really plays basketball like a girl or that is some really good acting. The promo for next week had me sputtering in laughter!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelface211 (View Post)
I think Cate and Baze just haven't been putting rules on school work or anything for that matter. They didn't really think school was an issue until it became one. I can see them doing that now though.
Yeah, it doesn't seem like they've given her any rules at all, but it does seem like Cate is trying to check up on her more now. When Lux went to pizza with Jones, Cate asked if she was done studying for her test. She'll probably be better at checking to make sure Lux has done her homework and studied and everything.

I'm surprised no one's mad at Math. He was her English teacher and he never once helped her or said anything to Baze or Cate! I can't even imagine a teacher, especially a teacher who is friends with your parents, doing that!