Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-17-2010, 12:00 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks Nat! I'll try to write one up during my free time. I'm actually up late trying to play catch up with school and FF is my brain break for the moment
Old 10-17-2010, 12:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ya I need to get off. Its even later for you! Get out of here!
Old 11-03-2010, 06:24 AM
New Fan

Try to get ABCFamily to pickup Life Unexpected

Hi Guys,

I suggest we all send daily feed back to ABCFamily to pickup Life Unexpected. Also tweet ABCFamily as much as you can.

Here is the feedback url:

ABC Family - Feedback

Also remember to put #savelux in every tweet if you can so we can get noticed.

Thanks,
Meredith
Old 11-03-2010, 06:51 AM
Total Fan

I alawys thought this show would be good for ABC family. The sad part is that a network usually won't pick up a show that was canceled by the other network, especially not a show that brought in bad ratings.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:48 AM
Elite Fan

I hope you don't mind that I moved your post here, Meredith

I agreed, ABCfamily would be a great network for the show to flourish. Danielle said we can't exactly petition for LUX to move networks just yet, at least not until the CW makes it official in May and Liz is interested in shopping around for another network. I'm all in though, what ever it takes to save the show!

Also, keep in mind that any and all posts or ideas about campaigning should be kept to this thread rather than opening a new thread each time. When a new idea or development arises, one of the moderators can edit the first post in the thread to reflect current campaigns or movements. Thanks.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:57 AM
Total Fan

I'm all for saving it. But the fact that the CW wants to string it along when we all know they're not bringing it back is ridiculous. What I'd rather hear is were giving it 13 epi's w/ the finale being 2 hours and then it's done. Stop givin fans fake hope that it's coming back!! Atleast then Liz could shop around and the fans could petition for some network to try and pick it up (although it's sliim it's worth a shot)!
Old 11-03-2010, 09:23 AM
Addicted Fan

It's so sad that LUX will not be given the back nine to finish the season and that episode 13 will most likely be the series finale for the series. You think they'd at least give the creator/writers and the fans those extra eps for the show to be wrapped up in a nice manner. But I guess that's asking too much of the CW. If it weren't for LUX and Nikita, that network would be composed of nothing but GARBAGE. Just my op - I don't mean to offend anyone who watches any of the other shows on there.

As for another network picking it up, that would be awesome, but it seems unlikely. Moonlight was a show I loved and once it was canceled by CBS, no other network wanted to pick it up. I know they're two different-style shows on two different networks, but still...I'd love to be positive, but I just can't see it happening with the small fanbase we have.
Melissa&Joey Emily&Aiden Logan&Veronica Mick&Beth Ross&Rachel

Last edited by sweetee; 11-03-2010 at 09:28 AM
Old 11-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Elite Fan

I changed the thread title to reflect our purpose now

That's what I'm saying, they could have at least been courteous by giving us a FULL last season but the CW is treating LUX like such garbage! It's seriously a one of a kind show. What LUX needed was creative freedom, NOT for the CW to step in and tell Liz she needed X-amount of new characters, X-amount of half naked scenes, and X-amount of nonfamily related issues to distract from what the show is really about. What LUX needs is for the CW to back off and let Liz do her job. That's why I think if it moved networks we'd have a chance to get back to what the show was loved for and not be put on blast for not fitting in with the network. You seriously look around at the shows LUX is up against on the network and it's no wonder people are tuning out - the CW intervened to make LUX more like it's other shows and people obviously don't want it. I wonder what would happen if they gave Liz full creative freedom - we'd have more viewers, current viewers would stop dropping like flies, and the CW's reputation would ACTUALLY improve. No one likes the CW, everyone thinks its garbage and that's why LUX is being neglected. Ask people what they think of any show on the CW and they bad mouth it, they roll their eyes and ask if you really watch that. Guaranteed.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Addicted Fan

Excellent post, Cristal! I completely agree!

I didn't realize the CW had so much influence on the show this year, but I have noticed quite a difference in the feel and quality of it this season (now I know why). My opinion on the episodes this year tend to vary from week to week, but I wasn't going to give up on a show that I loved so much in its first year due to a couple of characters/storylines driving me nuts. The CW should just butt out and let Liz & co. do their own thing.
Melissa&Joey Emily&Aiden Logan&Veronica Mick&Beth Ross&Rachel
Old 11-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just wish that if they are going to cancel it then they should give us more episodes so we can finish out these storylines. We are gonna be left hanging on so much stuff and I hate it!
Old 11-03-2010, 01:03 PM
Total Fan

that's what I hate. That the finale is gonna be just rushed just like most of the show.
The CW should of stayed out of it. I don't disagree about bringing in new characters but the amount they brought in was ridiculous.

Eric, Paige, Julia, Emma, and this other new girl to come in a few more episodes all with their own storyline. Then by nobody on the shows fault we lose Alice, Jamie, Bug and Abby characters whom we kinda had a great interest for.
At the very least the CW could of given us a few more episodes to tie things up nicely. Now I'm just ticked off!!
And I am not getting my hopes up for it to be picked up by the network. 1. the cw probably won't let it officially go until May and by then people will have forgotten about the show and 2. Most networks probably won't want to take the chance of picking up a canceled show with an average of 1.4 in the ratings. I think Ghost Whisper got picked up by UPN or something when CBS let it go but GW also did well for years on CBS. Lux is only going on season 2 with only 26 episodes combined.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

Nicely said, Crystal.

And where are Alice, Abby and Jamie? Eric and Emma can stay, but where are the characters from season one?

It taks a lot for me to jump shark from a show and I'm with y'all: I'm not backing away from LUX. The first season was great, this season varies from week to week, but it's still quality television. I don't know if I agree about it doing any better at ABC Family because that network has cancelled some of their shows for not meeting the expectations set by others (i.e. Huge vs. the Secret Life of an American Teenager).

My only hope is that, if there isn't anything we can do and this show does get cancelled (I pray it won't be but if), we get a full season and it isn't dropped without tying together storylines like what happens to some shows.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Elite Fan

The amount of extra characters is ridiculous. I have yet to see the actual point of Paige. If they would have brought her in so we can see Ryan's side of the family, fine. But she doesn't even seem to be Ryan's sister unless they remind us by saying "She's my aunt" or "She's Ryan's sister". Kelly, she's a nobody that no one cares about - just a reason to get Cate fired and bring drama to CR. Eric, I personally don't support the teacher/student storyline and can definitely do without it and I've been reading tweets and site comments where people are actually tuning out because of this storyline. Julia, interesting but we've got enough CR drama that I think she could have sat out another season worth. They're going to have another member, Landon, join as well as some Candy character....not to mention Valerie's storyline hasn't been addressed. Emma, that storyline is being rushed due to the episode amount...im pretty sure all this is going to bring drama.

My point in bolding all these new character's and mentioning them is that...as you can see...this is WAY too many people to introduce and wrap up their storylines within 13 episode. Ridiculous? Very. And what purpose do they serve other than as a distraction from the real issues plaguing this family? How do they move the story along and by story I mean a 16 year old foster child that is reunited with her family? This show is about family. It's not gossip girl where it's about the latest scandal of who is hooking up with who. I'm so ridiculously frustrated with the network's decisions. They can't have anything good without ruining it.

Now let me get off my soap box.

Anyway. There's a full fledge campaign:

Save Life Unexpected and Help Some Kids In Need | Give Me My Remote

Support a foster home while showing your support for LUX. Also, we're they're trying to have us all send a lightbulb to the CW - representing Lux "light". The addresses and information is provided in the link above.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

So how many episodes are there?
Old 11-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Total Fan

episode 7 aired last night there will only be 13 episodes. That means 6 more epi's to wrap it all up.
Cristal I'll sign, stamp, tweet, repeat whatever for this show. But I sadly think the CW's made up it's mind and won't change it. But I'm glad to see people getting up in arms about it. It shows that the show was loved and cared for by many!