Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-08-2010, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

I don't know what to say. I'm just so angry, hurt, and disappointed right now. We should have gotten a one-on-one scene in this episode - or at the very least a CBL scene. And then they don't give a clear shot of that hug! Unbelievable! And Baze is thrilled and celebrating CR expecting and toasting them?! I know he thinks he is happy with Emma right now (and everyone has to get along), but a least show us SOME struggle from either of these two. I mean...do they not want us to stick around? I completely understand that they were planning on dragging this out for SEASONS, but does Liz WANT us to lose hope completely? She definitely shoulders some of the blame here, as well as the CW. Does she not know her audience? With everything that's been said outside of the show, this makes absolutely no sense. I feel SO completely cheated right now. I've invested so much of my time and myself into CB, and now....It hurts.

I know...there are other reasons I watch this show other than just Cate and Baze...but I'll admit they are the main reason. Their love story and the love story of their family coming together with Lux...that was IT for me.

I will watch the last two episodes and hope for the best. And, I will continue to support the show and pray for a miracle that it continues. But...I've officially lowered my expectations and let go.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by covington (View Post)
S1 was beautiful. I've pretty much emotionally de-invested. I'll appreciate what this show did for me at a time when another one was making me sad. I'll always love baze, cate and lux. I'll always CB and CBL. But, at this point I'm almost at the point of not caring anymore. I don't blame liz. I blame the cw. I think this all started by casting Kerr. No disrespect to him, but he was in DC for years. I should have known when they made him be a regular. It was inevitable. Marrying them off was an error. There could have been a million ways to stretch out this story with CB, but that pretty much sealed their fate. Liz tried her best with what she had. One small, yet crucial error sealed it all. That's the thing about casting it can make or break a show. In our case, it broke us.
ITA with what's bolded, Shu. As much as I liked Kerr in DC/Charmed, I've always found him to be the weakest link on this show. What's so difficult for me to swallow with this season is that it's SO invested in CR's relationship and with the baby story, I can no longer follow through with it. I have enjoyed Lux's story for the most part this year, but it's been tainted with CR & BE overkill. What happened to the beauty of s1 where we had great storylines, focus on CBL as a family unit and characters we could actually root for? I thought I'd be able to stick through to the end, but I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the last two episodes.

After reading about last night's episode, I don't think I will. It's a disgraise to think how CB were completely neglected in regards to last night's episode while they propped this CR baby storyline. Gag me! I'll probably end up watching the trial scenes with Lux & Baze sometime because Kris & Britt sound like they rocked it, but I refuse to watch Baze excited about the baby. I don't think it's CR's wedding that wrecked this series. The CR baby is a permanent thing and that's what hurts the most for me.

I'm at the point now where I don't really care, but I'm sad because LUX could have been so much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28
I don't know what to say. I'm just so angry, hurt, and disappointed right now. We should have gotten a one-on-one scene in this episode - or at the very least aCBL scene. And then they don't give a clear shot of that hug! Unbelievable! And Baze is thrilled and celebrating CR expecting and toasting them?! I know he thinks he happy with Emma right now (and everyone has to get along), but a least show us SOME struggle from either of these two. I mean...do they not want us to stick around? I completely understand that they were planning on dragging this out for SEASONS, but does Liz WANT us to lose hope completely? She definitely shoulders some of the blame here, as well as the CW. Does she not know her audience? With everything that's been said outside of the show, this makes absolutely no sense. I feel SO completely cheated right now. I've invested so much of my time and myself into CB, and now....It hurts.

I know...there are other reasons I watch this show other than just Cate and Baze...but I'll admit they are the main reason. Their love story and the love story of their family coming together with Lux...that was IT for me.
Keri
I totally feel that Liz should take some of the blame for the destruction of her show. If she's trying to please CR fans, she's doing an okay job I feel. If she's trying to please CB fans, she failed miserably. Minimal to no interaction (especially in an episode that involves their daughter) is completely ridiculous! And I'm so glad I didn't watch Baze toasting CR. Whatever happened to the devastated Baze from last year's finale or this year's premiere? Emma or not, you'd think he'd be a little more effected by this news. I still remember that conversation he had with Emma not that long ago about CB having a baby being "their thing." I know it's probably unrealistic to want that for just them, but it's what I'd been hoping for.
Melissa&Joey Emily&Aiden Logan&Veronica Mick&Beth Ross&Rachel

Last edited by sweetee; 12-08-2010 at 09:59 AM
Old 12-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

don't bother they weren't even allowed alone scenes. I'm so beyond bitter right now. I have NEVER not gonna a couple I wanted. so this experience is new to me.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Awww. All people of CB-dom: I know we are bitter right now. I know it's painful. But, I urge you to follow through with this show until the end. CB, and LUX, have given me a lot. It is still a beautiful show with so much potential. CB (what they were, and what they could have been) deserve our loyalty, and I feel we should stick it out.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:03 AM
Addicted Fan

Aww, Shu It's not the first time for me, but I just figured we were in the clear because Liz sayed she was a CB supporter. That's what I get for having too much confidence in TPTB.

I wish I could, Keri - but this show no longer feels like LUX to me. Everything I've loved about this show is essentially gone.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I will stick it out. But, I'll never feel the same about this show like I used to.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

I understand how you feel, Ash. It's not the same to me, either. But, look at it this way....It's only three episodes. Three hours of your time. And who knows? Maybe we'll get some comfort.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetee (View Post)
Aww, Shu It's not the first time for me, but I just figured we were in the clear because Liz sayed she was a CB supporter. That's what I get for having too much confidence in TPTB.

I wish I could, Keri - but this show no longer feels like LUX to me. Everything I've loved about this show is essentially gone.
You could have fooled me about Liz being a C/B supporter. Because from the moment the wedding happened until this season. I could have sworn she wasn't.

I never believed she was just by what I saw on my screen. Yeah she gaves us a little rope to keep us around but last night she cut it.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:19 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
I understand how you feel, Ash. It's not the same to me, either. But, look at it this way....It's only three episodes. Three hours of your time. And who knows? Maybe we'll get some comfort.
True, and I really do try to stick through with most shows until the very end, but I don't think I can with LUX. Three episodes are still three episodes and when you're about 95% unhappy with it, why put yourself through the torture of watching it?

I'm going to see how you guys feel after watching the series finale next year, and maybe then I'll feel differently. Sorry to disappoint you, Keri. I know you're one of the biggest supporters of LUX and that's awesome. I wish I could say the same about myself, but there's only so much torture I can endure.

I'll ALWAYS support season 1 though. It had it's flaws, but I loved it. The Pilot will always be one of my favorite pilots too.
Extreme Fan

I still believe Liz is a C/B shipper. But C/B were written badly last night. I was surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
I don't know what to say. I'm just so angry, hurt, and disappointed right now. We should have gotten a one-on-one scene in this episode - or at the very least a CBL scene. And then they don't give a clear shot of that hug! Unbelievable! And Baze is thrilled and celebrating CR expecting and toasting them?! I know he thinks he is happy with Emma right now (and everyone has to get along), but a least show us SOME struggle from either of these two. I mean...do they not want us to stick around? I completely understand that they were planning on dragging this out for SEASONS, but does Liz WANT us to lose hope completely? She definitely shoulders some of the blame here, as well as the CW. Does she not know her audience? With everything that's been said outside of the show, this makes absolutely no sense. I feel SO completely cheated right now. I've invested so much of my time and myself into CB, and now....It hurts.

I will watch the last two episodes and hope for the best. And, I will continue to support the show and pray for a miracle that it continues. But...I've officially lowered my expectations and let go.
I feel the same way. But I'm still not ready to let go. C/B have a special place in my heart and I will never get over them. That's why it hurts so much.

Could I just turn and stare in icy silence ♫
Addicted Fan

I'll probably be eating my words to this rant in January (I hope), but this is like Christopher and Lorelai all over again! What the hell is up with the need to create blended families on tv?! Is it that nucleur families don't create enough drama?!

TV should tell my family that because half the time my dad isn't speaking to my aunt (his sister) or my uncle (Dad's brother) isn't speaking to my aunt. Hell, my mom wanted to jump my aunt (Dad's sister) at my grandmother's funeral because she wasn't really around yet tried to make it seem like she was. My uncle and his family get a pass because they had been doing most of the hands on work for my grandmother much longer than my parents before my parents moved her into a nursing home after it got so bad all my aunt (uncle's wife) and uncle could do is say this is bad because they were too emotionally drained to do anything else. Seriously, do all the writers and Liz have families that are all sunshine, rainbows, and unicorns all the time?! There was plenty of drama to wrought without throwing Ryan and a baby into the mix!

ETA: Everyone dealing with their feelings about their choices 16 years ago would have been compelling.

Last edited by GoddessofYouth; 12-08-2010 at 10:26 AM
Old 12-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessofYouth (View Post)
I'll probably be eating my words to this rant in January (I hope), but this is like Christopher and Lorelai all over again! What the hell is up with the need to create blended families on tv?! Is it that nuclear families don't create enough drama?!

TV should tell my family that because half the time my dad isn't speaking to my aunt (his sister) or my uncle (Dad's brother) isn't speaking to my aunt. Hell, my mom wanted to jump my aunt (Dad's sister) at my grandmother's funeral because she wasn't really around yet tried to make it seem like she was. My uncle and his family get a pass because they had been doing most of the hands on work for my grandmother much longer than my parents before my parents moved her into a nursing home after it got so bad all my aunt (uncle's wife) and uncle could do is say this is bad because they were too emotionally drained to do anything else. Seriously, do the all the writers and Liz have families that are all sunshine, rainbows, and unicorns all the time?! There was plenty of drama to wrought without throwing Ryan and a baby into the mix!

AMEN!! To this post. They should have never let Cate marry. That was the beginning of the end for us. I knew it was wrong but Liz assured us it would be ok in the end. Yeah so much for that.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Master Fan

Maybe I'm being more optimistic than I should be, but I still have hope. Thinking back to season 1, yes we got CB stuff throughout the season but it wasn't until 1x12 and 1x13 that their love became really prominent. We had Cate so in love with Ryan, thinking he was perfect, wanting to be worthy of him, talking about how much she regretted sleeping with Baze again, being depressed during their breakup and happy during their reunion, etc and none of that really changed until the roadtrip episode and that was 1x12. We still have 2x12 and 2x13 left of this season, anything can happen especially now that we know the truth about Emma and
Spoiler:
Old 12-08-2010, 11:06 AM
Addicted Fan

I get what you're saying Lisa, but there was always this underlying connection with them. It was there until episode 8 of this season. Since then, it feels like both Cate and Baze have moved on. Did the writers forget that Cate was pressured into trying to have a baby, then accidently got pregnant? that they should have made it clear that Emma would have always been his second choice?
Old 12-08-2010, 11:16 AM
Master Fan

I know what you mean, it all started when Baze started being supportive of CR and somehow ended up in love with someone in just 2 weeks which I still don't buy, but they do constantly mention the CB connection at the same time so even if we don't witness it, it is clearly still there in their minds.

Regardless, I'm not watching the finale live. That way if I'm going to be disappointed, it's easier to swallow reading about it than watching it plus I can put off watching it for as long as I want. And if I'm going to like what happens, I can fast forward to certain parts. It's the best solution. It's like win-win.