Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-29-2011, 08:24 AM
Elite Fan

**Important** Please read and respond.

As you all may have noticed, post counts have steadily dropped ever since the LUX finale in January. I’ve watched the posting pattern and it seems the only threads being used are game threads, the two off-topic threads, and the occasional shipper threads (which could always be moved to the Couples Board). As of today, we have not had a low post count warning but weekly counts suggest that we’re going to be cutting it close very soon. All that being said, Nat and I have both discussed voluntary closure of the board, but before any action is taken we want to hear what everyone else to say about this option. Both Nat and I hold this board very near and dear to us and this was a difficult decision to make, but we’d rather have the board close on a higher note rather than a forced closure due to low traffic or post counts. If the majority wants the board to remain open, it will be moved to TV Shows: Past.

Our planned rewatch of the series can be moved to the Television board once the LUX thread reopens, if the few people that responded still wants to have a rewatch.

Even if you do not post here regularly or have only been posting for a short amount of time, please let us know your thoughts on the future of this board. Every opinion counts. Thanks.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't post here much anymore or on many threads at the moment for that matter but I'll say closure is the best because you wouldn't want to be forced to close it but I'll also say that you can have a re-watch and leave it open and see what happens. If no change happens then I'll say it's time to close it on a high note even though this show was so great.

This board probably still have some potential left so I'll wait it out but whatever decisions you mods make will be the best. I'll even get some post in right now.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for putting this up Cristal.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:27 PM
Total Fan

I noticed it's decline too esp. in the last few weeks.

I support whatever you and Nat choose to do. It will be sad to see it closed but it won't take away from all the good times we've had on here. And much rather see us close it then to be forced to have it shut down.

With summer approaching it will just get worse
Old 05-29-2011, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

I know I won't be around much at all during the summer so I support whatever you and Nat thinks is best.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:40 PM
Elite Fan

Not a problem Nat.

I greatly appreciate everyone's input so I'm definitely waiting to hear from others.

Its really no ones fault that the counts have declined, it bound to happen when a show ends and the actors move onto new projects or don't pick up projects at all. Not a lot of people seem interested in a rewatch and if no one participates that won't help post counts either. My work schedule means that I can't guarantee my own participation.

We appreciate everyones efforts

Its not an easy decision to come to - this has been my first modship and one of the first boards I posted on...so it would be very difficult to let go. It is painful to see the condition it has reached, though
Old 05-30-2011, 02:13 AM
Master Fan

Gosh, it is really hard to respond to this post. I think both you and Nat should be congratulated on running an amazing board that I have very much enjoyed posting on. The reason I have popped back to do the game threads is because you guys have always made me feel so welcome. I thank you all so much for that.

I will be sad if the board closes, but, if posts do keep dropping it is hard to keep it going. There is only so much we can discuss about the show. I would have loved to have seen the new OP for the Cate/Baze thread.

I am rambling here, but, whatever you guys decide please know I have enjoyed my short time posting here. You guys are all so sweet.

"Why'd you have to be so cute, it's impossible to ignore you." Icon: Sweet Pea.
Cee Cee
Old 05-30-2011, 05:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

I really, really wish this board can remain open and you move on to TV Shows Past. I came to this board really late, because we got the show about a year after you guys...but this board has been a revelation!!

I have appreciated the show so much more because of all of you on here.

I also have a new vocabulary because of you all...

Huge thank yous to Cristal and Nat and to everyone who has posted.

Can I add you all as a friend if i recognise you on the cast fan FB pages ?
Old 05-30-2011, 07:46 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

aww .. I know that it must have been a really difficult decision for Cristal & Nat to even consider posting this.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you everyone for your input. It was a very hard decision to make like Cristal said. We both love this board very much and I personally would hate to see it go, but I hate seeing it with such low posts counts as well. We all knew this would happen when the show ended, we didn't get a very long run with the show so its hard to keep up discussions on the same things over and over and people get bored. Like Cristal said its just better to do this on our own then have it shut down, that would be worse for me.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:25 PM
Total Fan

but before we shut down do we get one more last dance party??
Old 05-30-2011, 06:42 PM
Elite Fan

I know I don't post here, but I did once in a while during the show and I'd hate to see it close down. There will be posters who discover the show and want a place to talk about it and I'd love to see the board stay open for that...

(I know they'll have other options of places to go around FF, but a board is really nice for that kind of thing.)

The decision is yours, mods, but I think unless it's really that bad consistently, that you should give the board some more time.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

No final decisions have been made yet, but if it does come down to closure then we will all be notified with ample time...enough for a dance party

I'm glad to see how many people care about the board
Old 05-31-2011, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Of course there will be a dance party Joy. We wouldn't go out without one.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:41 AM
Total Fan

yes!! we'll go out with a bang!!