Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-22-2011, 01:08 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Let's say this is the case (and I agree that some of the info will probably come from Hobbes), how is it possible that Hobbes has been so clueless about the V's since the very beginning? And how would it be possible for PA to know that Hobbes has some very important info about the V's when he doesn't know it himself?
Maybe they'll say that Sarah was a good V helping Project Ares secretly until she was captured by the V's. They know that she would have left Hobbes in possession of important info that he doesn't even know that he has. This is why he is so important to both the V's and to Project Ares. Who knows...Project Ares is essentially rewriting history on this show, so they can make up any story they want I guess.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbesishot (View Post)
Maybe they'll say that Sarah was a good V helping Project Ares secretly until she was captured by the V's. They know that she would have left Hobbes in possession of important info that he doesn't even know that he has. This is why he is so important to both the V's and to Project Ares. Who knows...Project Ares is essentially rewriting history on this show, so they can make up any story they want I guess.
That's true, and believe me, I would love for Sarah to be a member of PA, but I would honestly be shocked if we would ever hear her name on the show again. And I also think that we would at the very least need some elaborate backstory on her character to make such a story work because there are way too many questions without it, e.g. how did Sarah become part of PA? Why would she leave Hobbes behind with crucial info about the V's knowing that it could potentially get him in trouble down the line? Why did Sarah let Hobbes think she's dead and did she fake her death before or after she became part of PA? Is PA currently looking for her? How did the V's manage to locate and capture her? etc. And unfortunately, I don't think the writers would ever bother to give us such a backstory.

As for the info PA wants, couldn't it simply be the research that Hobbes stole in season 1? I know that's probably not it, but I would find that more believable than for the character to suddenly be turned into a fountain of Visitor knowledge.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 04-22-2011 at 02:23 PM
Old 04-22-2011, 02:38 PM
New Fan

Quote:

As for the info PA wants, couldn't it simply be the research that Hobbes stole in season 1? I know that's probably not it, but I would find that more believable than for the character to suddenly be turned into a fountain of Visitor knowledge.
No, it has to be something more elaborate than that I think. If all they needed was the research, they could theoretically steal from him it w/o actually needing Hobbes. They were clear that Erica needed to bring Hobbes back alive in Season 3, so whatever they need from him is at least partially something that he knows. He can use that as leverage to keep himself from getting arrested, and of course he'll get a position w/in Project Ares (as Erica's partner, no doubt).
Old 04-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, let's face it, the writers probably won't bother to explain how Hobbes has suddenly come into possession of crucial V intel. He just did. The whole storyline just strikes me as another huge plot contrivance for the sole purpose of bringing Hobbes back into Erica's orbit again so that the pointless human soap opera can go into another round and Erica can slowly morph into Anna 2.0 because of the negative effect of Hobbes' presence in her life. The writers don't care about writing a natural and coherent story here. The characters are merely chess pieces that they strategically move around for the sake of creating lots of contrived soap opera drama.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:15 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Yeah, let's face it, the writers probably won't bother to explain how Hobbes has suddenly come into possession of crucial V intel. He just did. The whole storyline just strikes me as another huge plot contrivance for the sole purpose of bringing Hobbes back into Erica's orbit again so that the pointless human soap opera can go into another round and Erica can slowly morph into Anna 2.0 because of the negative effect of Hobbes' presence in her life. The writers don't care about writing a natural and coherent story here. The characters are merely chess pieces that they strategically move around for the sake of creating lots of contrived soap opera drama.
Pretty much Hobbes has been working for the V's for years, so maybe that is how he gained some intel (that he doesn't realize that he has). Either way, he needs to be in close proximity to Erica so as to throw her off/make her more like Anna/push her towards Jack/create more tension and more random Erica/Hobbes hookups/etc.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

See, storyline on Hobbes carrying important intel about the V's, and the possible Sarah connection as the V he fell for, could have been VERY interesting had they pursued that from the beginning, instead of all this nonsense of betraying ERica and Co. and blowing up buildings. However, if they do it now, it would no doubt be a retcon and inevitably 'suck' that another potential GOOD V had to bite the dust for the sake of contrived human drama.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
See, storyline on Hobbes carrying important intel about the V's, and the possible Sarah connection as the V he fell for, could have been VERY interesting had they pursued that from the beginning, instead of all this nonsense of betraying ERica and Co. and blowing up buildings. However, if they do it now, it would no doubt be a retcon and inevitably 'suck' that another potential GOOD V had to bite the dust for the sake of contrived human drama.
100% agreed. And retconning Hobbes into a fountain of Visitor knowledge only serves to make the character look even more shady and untrustworthy than before because he was working together with the Fifth Column for weeks and still held back the info for whatever reason.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
100% agreed. And retconning Hobbes into a fountain of Visitor knowledge only serves to make the character look even more shady and untrustworthy than before because he was working together with the Fifth Column for weeks and still held back the info for whatever reason.
Exactly. Maybe the only suspension of disbelief I'd be willing to go along with now is that he couldn't reveal it because Sarah was connected to John May's Fifth Column group, and he was bound to keeping these secrets for them until it was determined that the other humans, like Erica and Co., could finally be trusted. But since that would never happen in a million gazillion years on SR's version of V - it's ONLY wishful thinking that we would get that lucky. But, then, since SR went along with the crappy Ryan 'betrayal' storyline, it would then raise a whole bunch of other questions regarding Ryan, his own place in knowing about Sarah and the group of V's she came from, and why he wasn't even in on knowing about Hobbes and his connection to Fifth Column V's from the start - a group of Fifth Column V's that he, himself, was supposedly connected to and also looking to bring back together in the beginning of this series.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Exactly. Maybe the only suspension of disbelief I'd be willing to go along with now is that he couldn't reveal it because Sarah was connected to John May's Fifth Column group, and he was bound to keeping these secrets for them until it was determined that the other humans, like Erica and Co., could finally be trusted. But since that would never happen in a million gazillion years on SR's version of V - it's ONLY wishful thinking that we would get that lucky.
Yeah, I'm sure that whatever Hobbes knows, it won't have anything to do with John May's group of Fifth Column V's. It's probably something sinister again like intel about Anna's plans for humanity or a deadly weapon that she has stationed somewhere on Earth. Don't ask me how he's supposed to know any of that or how we're supposed to see him in a positive light if he's keeping info like this to himself and from his colleagues in the Fifth Column movement.

Quote:
But, then, since SR went along with the crappy Ryan 'betrayal' storyline, it would then raise a whole bunch of other questions regarding Ryan, his own place in knowing about Sarah and the group of V's she came from, and why he wasn't even in on knowing about Hobbes and his connection to Fifth Column V's from the start - a group of Fifth Column V's that he, himself, was supposedly connected to and also looking to bring back together in the beginning of this series.
I think the answer is very simple. Ryan's cluelessness was fake/staged in the same way Hobbes' was.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure that whatever Hobbes knows, it won't have anything to do with John May's group of Fifth Column V's. It's probably something sinister again like intel about Anna's plans for humanity or a deadly weapon that she has stationed somewhere on Earth. Don't ask me how he's supposed to know any of that or how we're supposed to see him in a positive light if he's keeping info like this to himself and from his colleagues in the Fifth Column movement.
Exactly, it does nothing to further any form of sympathy that is supposed to generate from or surround this character of Hobbes. But then again, and I hate to say it, maybe the majority of the audience would buy into it anyway when it doesn't make sense to, since his 'hotness' factor appears to determine the character's overall worth on all levels.

Quote:
I think the answer is very simple. Ryan's cluelessness was fake/staged in the same way Hobbes' was.
Yeah, probably. Nevermind the fact that SR would just conveniently overlook the open hostility factor shared from Hobbes to Ryan as well.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Exactly, it does nothing to further any form of sympathy that is supposed to generate from or surround this character of Hobbes. But then again, and I hate to say it, maybe the majority of the audience would buy into it anyway when it doesn't make sense to, since his 'hotness' factor appears to determine the character's overall worth on all levels.
Oh, I'm sure that there would be quite a lot of people who would still manage to spin something like this into the actions of a good but misunderstood man because Hobbes is hot and that's ultimately all that matters. This would probably make him an even better match for Erica too.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, I guess superficial storytelling methods by SR will attract a certain type of audience. That would only make sense. Unfortunately, I'm not a part of that audience and would be sorely disppointed, if I was still so invested in this like I was when the show first started.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well, I guess superficial storytelling methods by SR will attract a certain type of audience. That would only make sense. Unfortunately, I'm not a part of that audience and would be sorely disppointed, if I was still so invested in this like I was when the show first started.
Yeah, agreed. At this point, it doesn't really phaze me anymore. I know what to and what not to expect from this show now. If anything, it might still be rolleye inducing, but that's about it.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yeah, agreed. At this point, it doesn't really phaze me anymore. I know what to and what not to expect from this show now. If anything, it might still be rolleye inducing, but that's about it.
Uh-huh. I really can't even say ... 'hope for the best, expect the worst' anymore, lol. I'm just expecting the worst.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Uh-huh. I really can't even say ... 'hope for the best, expect the worst' anymore, lol. I'm just expecting the worst.
I know. I stopped hoping for the best quite some time ago. On a good day, I might still have it in me to hope for the second to worst option now.