Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2012, 08:34 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane (View Post)
I loved what she said to him in the beginning! The reasons he was giving her for wanting to get married were ridic, Rachel even called them crazy! It's pretty sad that she only said yes because she felt like she didn't have another option.
THIS. getting married or engaged is not gonna make the relationship work out. if the relationship is gonna work out, it will. getting married isn't gonna solve that. if anything i think it might make it harder on the two.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

But she told him that nothing mattered as long as she had him or something like that. It's liks she's settling and giving up on her dreams.
a meaningful, sane existence
Old 01-31-2012, 10:33 PM
Master Fan

Thats exactly how it sounds. I feel so bad for her, that sudden panic and then falling back on the whole marriage proposel thing. And you know its going to be all Rachel's fault when the marriage gets broken off.

The only reason why he asked is because he doesn't think he has a future, and his girlfriend was all he had in his life.

And thats 100% why she accepted. Because she thought she'd be rejected, and her future wouldn't happen. So she just fell back into him.

Sigh....I don't like this set up. If they continue with the marriage it doesn't send a good message. And if they break it off, one of them, probably Rachel, will be the cause and get the blame for it.

Fun is being had by none. And I geuss its a good thing I'm a total ludite and don't know how to use tumblr. Cuz I'd be annoyed at this RIP Rachel stuff.

): )
Old 01-31-2012, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Rachel only said yes because she thought she had nothing else which is the exact same reason that Finn proposed in the first place. I don't understand how anyone could be happy about this?
Old 01-31-2012, 10:52 PM
Master Fan

Because it appeals to preteen girls who doesn't understand the real world. Its why the whole Bella/Edward thing appealed to them so much. No concept of reality.

Which is forgiveable since their just kids. But to put so much pressure on Finchell... I just makes me question the writers. Are they purposely making the relationship that unhealthy or do they just not notice?

Its like Quinn's character, were they trying to make her seem insane or were they confused on how teenage girls act?

Sigh.....if they get married I think I'm done. Glee is becoming a little to frustrating.

): )
Old 01-31-2012, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

UGH and people are actually saying she's like Bella.

I think there's been progress with Quinn though. She's shown character growth especially in tonight's episode.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:30 PM
Master Fan

Do the writers realize that they basically recycled the main storyline of this episode (ND vs big Regionals rival who pulls a prank on one of the ND members and then they get "schooled" in the auditorium at the end) from Funk in season 1? Running out of ideas, I guess.

"Scream", "Human Nature", "Smooth Criminal" and "Black and White" were really the only songs I liked in the episode. And I'm just going to say it, but "Ben" might be the worst Michael Jackson song ever. Wow, that was painful. Seriously. Although "I Can't Stop Loving You" was torture too. At this point, I'm not sure which was worse.

I was glad that Rachel was saying that the proposal was all just so sudden and she didn't understand where it was coming from. But then Finn started talking about "rings" being a reminder of them being a couple in the big city and I had to pause my Tivo and rant at my tv for a bit especially when Rachel suggested that was romantic. There is nothing romantic about that to me. It screams desperation and that is not a reason to get married.

I liked Rachel going to Quinn for advice. Quinn said all of the things that I've thought about this whole entire debacle. I loved when she said "I'd hate the idea of dragging an anchor from my past into the bright lights of my future." It was perfect. Her words directed to Rachel in the choir room were kind of perfect too. "You can't change your past, but you can let go and start your future."

I'm happy that Quinn got into Yale too.

And I love Kurt and all, but the idea that he would be a NYADA finalist and Rachel wouldn't be is laughable. The fact that they had to use that so Rachel would say 'yes' is just ridiculous. I felt terrible for Rachel when she said that all she had left was her boyfriend, but STILL not an acceptable reason to say 'yes' to a teen marriage proposal!

The look of regret on Rachel's face after she gets her letter says it all.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
Old 01-31-2012, 11:39 PM
Elite Fan

Forever have Human Nature and Scream on repeat. Two of some of my fave MJ songs, and they did a good job on them. That's pretty much all I enjoyed in this ep, tbh. And Quinn.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:46 PM
Master Fan

^ I was loving Quinn as the voice of reason for Rachel in this episode. I hope that Rachel remembers that conversation in the near future.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Rachel wasn't even wearing her engagement ring in the last scene!! Didn't she just get engaged to THE LOVE OF HER LIFE?!! She should be running through the halls screaming it at the top of her lungs!! Or are people going to say that it was a mistake from the wardrobe department who forgot to tell her to put it on?! Or that she isn't wearing it because she doesn't want people to know?! C'MON!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 11:57 PM
Master Fan

I noticed that too, Myra! To me, it was very telling that she wasn't wearing it. It would also appear that she hasn't told anyone including her best friend that she's engaged. Beginning of the end?
Old 02-01-2012, 12:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Rachel cares about her dreams more than anything even though she feels lost. That is why she feels like Finn is the only thing she had left. Not getting a letter from NYADA meant she might not get her dreams. I think it's preposterous that Rachel didn't even have a freaking back up school(s). All Rachel did the entire episode was worry about not getting into NYADA. She was worried about her future. If she really wanted to marry Finn, she would've been stressing about her answer to him but she wasn't or she would've said yes to him right away. Instead of walking around showing off her engagement ring, she's walking around with her letter from NYADA.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:19 AM
Master Fan

^ Exactly.

I think it's ridiculous to think that Rachel wouldn't have a back-up plan either. I just don't see Rachel not applying to any other school in NY with any sort of performing arts program. NYU certainly would've been another school that she would've considered. Just so stupid.

I really hope that both Finn and Rachel realize that the reasons behind wanting to get married aren't good enough reasons TO get married. I guess they can get married if they want to get divorced about 3 months into living in NY.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think Rachel has a clear mindset as to what she needs to do. Finn is the one constant source of pressure on her shoulders. He needs to go away.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:32 AM
Master Fan

I did not like the constant pressure for an answer. You don't propose to your high school girlfriend who has all of these plans for her future that don't include marriage in the next five years and expect her to give you an answer right away. WHAT IS THAT??

What is he going to do in NY, BTW? Did he apply to school? Is he going to just work in a coffee shop and ride Rachel's coattails? It's not romantic. At. All.