Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2011, 10:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnomnom (View Post)
TOW Rachel's Crush is a fun episode! It was nice to see Rachel excited and cutely flustered over a crush, and I love that Joey helped her out. This episode also introduces Joey's "How you doin'?" I'm pretty sure Rachel is the only other one in the group who says it, like she does in this episode. It's so funny how she plays around with the licenses at the end!

Oh, and I love the bit about Joey coaching Rachel on the extra ticket thing toward the end. His advice was actually pretty good, but because this is a sitcom, Rachel had to keep messing things up with Joshua.
I agree. I also loved how she was rocking back and forth on the chair like one does when they're nervous or upset or anxious or something and he was trying to calm her down by helping her. Oh! And I love how at the end, when she's playing with the licenses, she uses "How you doin'?" I think it's pretty significant because Rachel is hot, so I'm sure tons of guys have used different pick up lines on her, but out of all of them, she chooses to use that one.

Quote:
Also because she was crushing on the wrong J-man, LOL!
And he's not even hot!

Which episode is next? I haven't seen season 4 lately but I think there was a little J/R in TOW Ross' Wedding, but there could have been some before that.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Joey and Rachel celebrating their birthdays.

Icon Credit: my beating heart
Old 11-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giana (View Post)
I agree. I also loved how she was rocking back and forth on the chair like one does when they're nervous or upset or anxious or something and he was trying to calm her down by helping her. Oh! And I love how at the end, when she's playing with the licenses, she uses "How you doin'?" I think it's pretty significant because Rachel is hot, so I'm sure tons of guys have used different pick up lines on her, but out of all of them, she chooses to use that one.
I love that ep for them! & I love the fact that the first time we hear Joey say 'how you doin' he's teaching it to Rachel!
Old 11-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Poor Joey.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I love that bit!
Old 11-14-2011, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I love that bit!
Everybody suddenly got a glass of water and threw it at Joey.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I know, I especially love Chandlers excuse; "& you left the toilet seat up!"
Old 11-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I know, I especially love Chandlers excuse; "& you left the toilet seat up!"
He just wanted an excuse to throw water at Joey.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

it was so awesome

I think it will be time for another recap soon!
Old 11-15-2011, 08:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I also loved how she was rocking back and forth on the chair like one does when they're nervous or upset or anxious or something and he was trying to calm her down by helping her. Oh! And I love how at the end, when she's playing with the licenses, she uses "How you doin'?" I think it's pretty significant because Rachel is hot, so I'm sure tons of guys have used different pick up lines on her, but out of all of them, she chooses to use that one.
Yes, I love that! Just like in TOW Ross's New Girlfriend, and in Season 7 when she said she needed help with Tag. I appreciate that the writers kept giving them those talks

Excellent point about the pick up lines! I didn't think of it that way, but that makes sense. Hee, Rachel also tried to sound like Joey when she was playing with the licenses!

Yep, there's a bit of J/R in the finale, but TOW The Fake Party has a couple good J/R scenes!

LOL at that last GIF! I agree, Dimple, poor Joey! Rachel probably enjoyed doing that, though. I think she probably always wanted to do that since she was a big soap opera fan. And she was helping Joey out with his stalker problem!
Old 11-15-2011, 09:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yep, there's a bit of J/R in the finale, but TOW The Fake Party has a couple good J/R scenes!
Ok, will watch that later

Oh, and this is another thing I noticed about Joey/Rachel's goodbye scene in S10. When they're out on the balcony talking, Monica says that "Joey seems to be taking it well" (this is right before he decides to jump). I thought that was interesting, I don't think she was just referring to his feelings for Rachel, but how close the two of them always were. It seemed to me that she was more worried about his reaction to Rachel's leaving than anyone else's (except for Ross', probably). I don't know, maybe I read too much into it.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
it was so awesome

I think it will be time for another recap soon!
It was indeed.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giana (View Post)
Ok, will watch that later

Oh, and this is another thing I noticed about Joey/Rachel's goodbye scene in S10. When they're out on the balcony talking, Monica says that "Joey seems to be taking it well" (this is right before he decides to jump). I thought that was interesting, I don't think she was just referring to his feelings for Rachel, but how close the two of them always were. It seemed to me that she was more worried about his reaction to Rachel's leaving than anyone else's (except for Ross', probably). I don't know, maybe I read too much into it.
Yeah, I always assumed that too, that everyone knew R/J were still really close & it was already so clear that Joey didn't want her to leave
Old 11-15-2011, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Rachel, Joey and the cheescake.

"It's tofu cake!"

Old 11-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

1x23 – TOW the Birth

They sit together at the hospital and they stand together when Joey laughs at Chandler’s joke.

They gather round Carol and try to reassure her that Ross and Susan will be there.

They get kicked out of Carol’s room.

They all go to see Ben after he is born.

They all watch over Ben at the end.