Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2008, 02:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

thank you where should i be chatting about it?
Old 01-31-2008, 03:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

Well, like I said Courtz_BV posted a link to the thread just after your post, it's here :
Just click on the link

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 02-03-2008, 12:31 PM
New Fan

La Mazada?

Hi guys,

In Series 5, episode 'The One Hundredth', Frank mentions that Alice told him all about the 'La Mazada'.

Chandler then responds with a gag about '2% finance'.

I'm assuming this joke must have roots particular the the United States?

Could anyone explain to a poor Brit what the gag is? Or where the wordplay leads?

Cheers.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrythesecond (View Post)
Hi guys,

In Series 5, episode 'The One Hundredth', Frank mentions that Alice told him all about the 'La Mazada'.

Chandler then responds with a gag about '2% finance'.

I'm assuming this joke must have roots particular the the United States?

Could anyone explain to a poor Brit what the gag is? Or where the wordplay leads?

Cheers.
Hmmm... I can't help you there cause I'm German and to be honest I don't even remember that scene
Old 02-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Master Fan

Mazda is the brand name of a car. Chandler was making a joke about buying a Mazda with 2% financing.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:14 AM
Absolute Fan

Hey guys

Does anyone know where I can write to the writers of Friends?
Old 03-30-2008, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

How old is Rachel supposed to be in the pilot? Becuase i think in the earlier seasons it says Monica is 26.. but then Rachel's 30th birthday is in season 7.. Confusing.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:50 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Leyton (View Post)
How old is Rachel supposed to be in the pilot? Becuase i think in the earlier seasons it says Monica is 26.. but then Rachel's 30th birthday is in season 7.. Confusing.
monica isn't 26 in the beginning... in one of the first episodes Ross says "I'm divorced! I'm only 26 and I'm divorced"
And Ross is older than Monica... I don't know how much though
Old 03-30-2008, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

^^ I think in Friends, like in a lot of TV show, they often end up making this kind of mistakes about the characters age or for the date of their birthdays, so it wasn't always really clear lol It's only with that ep from season 7 that we know they all turned 30 so if Rachel got 30 in S7 I guess we could assume she had 23/24 in S1 (although 23 seems a bit young to me, especially for Monica who's suppose to have the same age than her.)

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 03-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Ultimate Fan

I would say that she's 24 in S1 like Monica... so she'd be two years younger than Ross wich would make sense
Old 03-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
(although 23 seems a bit young to me, especially for Monica who's suppose to have the same age than her.)
Yeah that's why I was a little confused becuase I thought that 23 seemed a little bit to young.. It just kinda confused me.. Thanks everyone
Old 03-31-2008, 05:25 AM
Ultimate Fan

Okay Everyone...

I talked to Mel yesterday and we decidede, that we're gonna de-topp this Thread.
The reasons for our decision are the following:
  • There is hardly anyone asking a question in here. When someone has a question they usually ask them in the shipper/actor/actress threads.
  • This Thread seems a little redundant because we also have the Q&A in the Thread title of the Introduction/Board guide Thread.
  • And most importan, there is a rule at FF that says that you're only allowed to have a total of three topped threads on your board.

I'm going to merge this thread with the Introduction/Q&A/Board guide Thread, so that the posts don't get lost and other users can still find them when looking through the other thread. I'm going to do that tomorrow or so....

But first, I thought I'd give most of you the chance to see this and don't wonder why the thread isn't there anymore and I also want to ask for your help.
I was thinking that it would probably be good to have some kind of "general questions" in the opening post of the Introduction/Q&A/Board guide Thread to make it easier for Newbies and people who are looking for answers.
So, if you have any idea for general questions that we can put in the OP or if you have any more questions about this whole thing... please tell

- Jule

Last edited by Endless Fighter; 03-31-2008 at 10:51 AM
Old 04-01-2008, 10:32 AM
Ultimate Fan

okaaaay....

If no one as to say anything to this, I'll start...

I don't have that much time right now to think about it that much but I thought about a question for the soon to be there "general question" section in the OP of the Introduction/Q&A/Board guide Thread.

What about this question: Did friends get filmed in front of a real audience or did the laughter get edited in later?

or something like that?
Old 04-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jule I think it's a good idea If we are only allowed to have 3 topped threads it's a good idea to merge the two threads.