Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Addicted Fan

yea thanks
Old 06-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Addicted Fan

So I have a question about Friends. I know that's obvious or I wouldn't be on this thread, but anyway here is what I am wondering:

Since the show was shot in front of a live audience, was it more or less like going to see a play for the audience members? Cause I don't understand how they could manage to get close ups, cuts to certain scenes and stuff all in front of a live audience without losing the funny effect that certain edits seeing on tv make? Get what I mean? Or am i totally wrong and they didn't shoot in front of a live-audience... but I really thought they did.
"There was a clatter as the basilisk fangs cascaded out of Hermione’s arms. Running at Ron, she flung them around his neck and kissed him full on the mouth. Ron threw away the fangs and broomstick he was holding and responded with such enthusiasm that he lifted Hermione off her feet."
~Ron♥Hermione~
Avi by Fidelian
Old 06-11-2007, 11:31 PM
Master Fan

It was a live audience.

Unfortunately I've never attended a taping, so I wouldn't know about close-ups. But my guess is that they had TV screens for the audience too see those things. And I imagine they explained the cuts to them, too, so they'd know how the scenes relate.
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco
Old 06-12-2007, 08:31 PM
Addicted Fan

So that would mean that the actors had to have their lines for the episode completley memorized, right? But then again, I know they have bloopers. And how long does a taping take? Cause I know it's only like 25 minutes an episode, but it takes longer to shoot things and in the different locations they have to move too it would take a long time it seems.

Sorry, I know I'm looking too much into this, but I was just curious.
"There was a clatter as the basilisk fangs cascaded out of Hermione’s arms. Running at Ron, she flung them around his neck and kissed him full on the mouth. Ron threw away the fangs and broomstick he was holding and responded with such enthusiasm that he lifted Hermione off her feet."
~Ron♥Hermione~
Avi by Fidelian
Old 06-12-2007, 08:46 PM
New Fan

I had a friend who went to the tapping of an episode once. Basically it's a 5 hour thing. they move step by step and the producers explain everything to the audience. as they are setting up for the next scene a comedian comes out to keep the audience happy.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you for the information, CaliKal!

Oh, those who could be a part of the live audience are so lucky! It must have been amazing to see them filming the episodes, especially because of the bloopers.

Old 06-12-2007, 11:33 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for explaining, CaliKal.

That's pretty much what I assumed.
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco
Old 06-13-2007, 04:05 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, I figured it would take a while. And I agree the bloopers would have been soo funny to see!
~Ron♥Hermione~
Avi by Fidelian
Old 06-15-2007, 03:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

what eppy/season is it when Phoebe and Ross dates that couple that are in a divorce?
Old 06-15-2007, 03:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

It's in season 7 episode 5 "TOW The Engagement Picture"

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 06-15-2007, 03:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks !
Old 07-07-2007, 01:22 PM
New Fan

Friends Crossword puzzler

Often the characters in friends are doing crossword puzzles and on a few episodes they don't give you the answers to the words that they are stuck. My query is on the episode where Rachel sleeps with Barry in his dental chair. Pheobe and Ross are doing a cross word on the couch while Joey is talking on the phone with the peeping Thomasina from across the way. The first clue was a four letter word for circle which I'm pretty sure is "Oval". The Second Clue they give is a five letter word for a heating device. This is driving me nuts that I can't come up with an answer I'm thinking that it could be "Block" as in Block heater but they seems a bit too specific for this show. Anyone out there know this answer?
Old 07-18-2007, 08:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hey guys, I have a question but I'm not verry good in English so I hope you will understand me. I guess all of you remember the first farewell interview with friends and Oprah. Everyone has to say something about the others and when Jennifer is talking about David I can't understand her last sentence baecause she starts crying... Is it: "oh god there is something else" ??? if yes, what does she mean?
Old 07-30-2007, 01:16 AM
Master Fan

oh I have that interview, I'll go listen to it again and see if I can understand it

(I had the interview on youtube but they deleted it)

ETA: I watched the part again and I think she says "can someone else go" because she gets too emotional to finish the interview and talk about her other cast members
Then Oprah asks if she needs a minute and she says "yeah"

Last edited by Nele; 07-30-2007 at 05:21 AM
Old 08-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Master Fan

I have a question! Why the hell did Rachel take her pregnancy test in Monica and Chandler's apartment in 7x23/4? Because I'm thinking plot contrivance here. Could someone come up with a reasonable explanation for this?