Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2014, 05:14 PM
Elite Fan

I have found a trailer for Joel's upcoming movie Are You Here:

Charles has a new role:

Quote:
‘OUAT's’ Charles Mesure, C. Thomas Howell Join Bravo's ‘Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce’ (Exclusive)

The actors round out the cast of the network's first scripted series from Marti Noxon

Bravo has rounded out the cast for its first scripted series, “Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce,” from “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” and “Angel” writer/producer Marti Noxon.

TheWrap has learned that “Once Upon a Time” actor Charles Mesure and veteran actor C. Thomas Howell have joined the series in major recurring roles.

Mesure will play Ralf, ex-husband to Phoebe, who's played by “Criminal Minds” star Beau Garrett. Howell will play a love interest to main character Abby, who's played by “House” star Lisa Edelstein.

Television viewers last saw Charles Mesure in the role of Black Beard on “Once Upon a Time.” He's also well known for playing the mysterious (and handsome) new neighbor on the eighth season of ABC's “Desperate Housewives,” Ben Faulkner. His vast TV credits include major roles on “The Mentalist,” “Crossing Jordan” and cult hit “Xena: The Warrior Princess.” GVA, Kathryn Rawlings and AKA represent Mesure.

Howell has appeared in some of Hollywood's most memorable movies, including “The Outsiders,” “E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial” and “Red Dawn.” Most recently, he has appeared on NBC's “Grimm,” CBS's “Criminal Minds” and TNT's “Southland.” Innovative Artists, Radius and Imperium represent Howell.

Mesure and Howell join J. August Richards, Patrick Heusinger, Julianna Guill, Michael Weaver and Necar Zadegan in major recurring roles. In addition to Edelstein and Garrett, the show's serious regulars include Janeane Garofalo and Paul Adelstein.

Also read: Bravo Orders ‘Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce’ as First Scripted Series

The series, which is based on Vicki Iovine's “Girlfriends’ Guide” book series, follows Abby (Edelstein), the author of a self-help book series who's hiding her separation from her husband from the public. Starting her life over again as a single woman in her 40s, she finds that advice from divorced friends leads to startling new adventures.

From Universal Cable Productions, Noxon — who wrote the pilot — is also executive producing along with Iovine, Meryl Poster and Adam Brooks, who directed the pilot. The series is set for a 2015 debut.

Source

And Scott's film 37 has finally scored a distribution deal:

Quote:
Rock Star Drama ’37: A Final Promise’ Gets U.S. Distribution (EXCLUSIVE)

Independent rock star drama “37: A Final Promise” has been set for theatrical and VOD release on Aug. 8 by Gravitas Ventures.

Randall Batinkoff (“Kick-Ass”) stars with Scottie Thompson (“Skyline”), Tricia Helfer, Kate Nauta, Scott Wolf, Leon Robinson and Bruce Davison (“X-Men”).

The story, based on the Guy Blews novel, centers on a rock star who plans to fulfill a vow to kill himself on his 37th birthday to atone for a crime he committed as a child. With only 12 weeks to go before his expiration date (and release of his final album), he meets and falls madly in love with Thompson’s character.

“37: A Final Promise” is produced by Aarimax Films and SWW Creative. Batinkoff directed and produced with Blews and Leila Djansi. Gordon Winston and Stephanie Winston Wolkoff exec produced.

Source
Old 07-04-2014, 06:49 PM
Elite Fan

Official trailer for Scott's upcoming film Such Good People:

A new article about Charles. I thought it was very interesting to learn that he was one of the actors asked to audition for Batman. It's disappointing that he didn't get the part. I would have much rather seen him in the role than Ben Affleck:

Quote:
Actor Charles Mesure on life and love

Looking around the three-bedroom Los Angeles home that he hopes to raise a family in, Kiwi actor Charles Mesure still has to pinch himself.

Following a roller-coaster 10 years of Hollywood highs and lows – including starring on Desperate Housewives, auditioning for Ben Affleck’s upcoming Batman role, crippling unemployment and a family bankruptcy – the 43-year-old is coming to terms with being a proud homeowner.

“Initially it was really weird,” he admits to the Weekly. “Being an actor in New Zealand, even if you make a living, you’re going to be renting a flat for your entire career because we don’t make much money there.

“For a good six months, I was thinking, ‘There’s something wrong with this. There’s a house around me. It just doesn’t make sense!’ Now, after two years, it’s starting to feel like home.”

It’s no surprise Charles still can’t believe he has fulfilled his home ownership dreams, given that not so long ago, he found himself penniless and out of work for a year straight.

After making a name for himself on City Life and Street Legal in New Zealand, the UK-born, Sydney-raised actor (who considers himself a Kiwi, having built his career here) found his move to Hollywood started with a bang, as he was cast opposite Pamela Anderson in Stacked, Jennifer Love Hewitt in Ghost Whisperer and Maggie Grace in Lost.

But a few years into his US success, the writers’ strike occurred, meaning acting roles dried up and Charles went 12 months without a single gig – a huge professional setback after 13 years of consistent work.

He was dealt a further blow when his parents went bankrupt and lost their home. Desperate to help, he returned to New Zealand and took a role on Outrageous Fortune.

“It was a tough time,” he says. “I was very blessed because Outrageous allowed me to send money to my folks, as well as pay off some debts in the US.”

He flew back to Los Angeles, where he landed a spot in the sci-fi series V, followed by one of his best-known roles as Vanessa Williams’ love interest on Desperate Housewives.

It’s these shows that he credits for helping him buy a property and with the house ticked off, his next hope is to start a family.

“I’d love to have kids – very often actors do stuff later in life because we spend so long trying to get our careers together, so a lot of my acting colleagues are having families in their forties rather than in their twenties or thirties. I see how much pleasure they get out of having children.”

Charles is yet to find a partner to start the next chapter of his life with, but says his perfect woman would have “a good sense of humour, be financially-independent – and be sane!”

In the meantime, he is keeping busy spending the Californian summer engrossed in Kiwi DIY as he works on his house, which has already become a hotspot for acting buddies from back home – including Tandi Wright and Craig Hall – to stay at.

Work is also thriving for Charles. He recently starred alongside Simon Baker in The Mentalist, appears on the July 2 episode of Once Upon a Time in a recurring role as the pirate Blackbeard, and is about to fly to Vancouver for a new series.

With an endless stream of young Kiwi actors heading to Hollywood in pursuit of similar opportunities, Charles says his biggest piece of advice is to accept rejection.

“It comes with knowing how it works out here and how many actors there are. You realise there are roles you’re right for and some you’re not.

“You learn to accept that as you get older, whereas in your twenties, you want to play everything. You’re like, ‘King Lear! I can play that!’”

Of course, there are still the parts that are difficult to let slip away – most notably for Charles, being asked to audition for the highly anticipated Batman vs Superman film, then losing the role to Ben Affleck!

“I spent a full day taping my audition and it turned out beautifully,” says Charles, who has Batman film posters up in his guest bedroom.

“That was one that would have been nice to get, but hey – it’s Ben Affleck! Everyone was sticking it to him, but I think he’s going to be perfect.”

Source

And Morena is featured in the current issue of Bello Magazine:

Source

Old 08-16-2014, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for everything, Alex.

Casting news involving Joel:
Quote:
MTV's 'Scream' Casts its Sheriff, Hot Teacher, 'Arrow' Favorite - Hollywood Reporter

MTV's Scream pilot is filling out its cast.

Two weeks after announcing the bulk of its core cast, the adaptation of Kevin Williamson's hit film franchise has added four new faces, with Arrow favorite Bex Taylor-Klaus replacing the previously set Amy Forsyth.

Jamie Travis (Faking It) will direct the pilot, which hails from Dimension Films and The Weinstein Co. Jay Beattie and Dan Dworkin (Criminal Minds, Revenge) penned the original script, with Jill Blotevogel (Harper's Island, Ravenswood) on board to executive produce and serve as showrunner. Harvey and Bob Weinstein will exec produce MTV's reboot alongside Wes Craven, Marianne Maddalena and Cathy Konrad, all of whom served in the same capacity on the original franchise. Williamson is not involved in the MTV take. Tony DiSanto and Liz Gateley, who originally brought the Scream project to MTV in 2012, will also exec produce via their DiGa Vision banner.

[...]

Joel Gretsch (Witches of East End, V, The 4400) is set as Sheriff Clark Hudson, a good guy and good sheriff who is father to Kieran (Amadeus Serafini). David Arquette famously portrayed the lovable sheriff in Williamson's features.
Old 08-17-2014, 05:02 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the Joel news. It's good to see him score a recurring/regular gig like that, but I think he deserves better than the Lifetime and MTV series that he's been starring in the last couple of years.

More casting news:

Quote:
Morena Baccarin returning to 'The Mentalist'

Everybody’s favorite Firefly Companion and Homeland refugee is returning to CBS’ The Mentalist.

Morena Baccarin is coming back to the veteran crime drama for a guest star appearance in the third episode of season seven. She’ll reprise her role as sexy sociopath Erika Flynn, who previously manipulated and seduced Patrick Jane (Simon Baker).

Here’s the set-up: “Jane teams up with Erika Flynn in Beirut, Lebanon, where he and Lisbon have gone at the request of the CIA to take down an international weapons dealer. Erika has agreed to help Jane and the CIA in exchange for a pardon on the murder charges she’s still facing and the chance to return to the U.S. But as always Erika has agendas of her own, one of which may, or may not, be inserting herself between Jane and Lisbon.”

The Mentalist will return to CBS in midseason.

Source

Quote:
Screen Gems Begins Production On The Thriller 'The Perfect Guy' Starring Sanaa Lathan, Michael Ealy And Morris Chestnut

Principal photography has begun on Screen Gems' thriller "The Perfect Guy," starring Sanaa Lathan ("The Best Man Holiday"), Michael Ealy ("Think Like A Man," "Think Like A Man 2," "About Last Night," "Seven Pounds") and Morris Chestnut ("Think Like A Man," "Identity Thief," "The Best Man Holiday"). The film also stars Charles S. Dutton ("Longmire," "Against the Ropes," "Cry the Beloved Country," "Alien 3"), Rutina Wesley ("True Blood") and Kathryn Morris ("Cold Case"). Directed by David M. Rosenthal ("A Single Shot," "Janie Jones"), the film is produced by Tommy Oliver ("1982," "Kinyarwanda"), Darryl Taja ("New IN Town"), Nicole Rocklin ("The Magnificent Cooly-T," "Middle of Nowhere") and Wendy Rhoads ("The Haunting in Connecticut," "Because I Said So") and will shoot on locations throughout Los Angeles.

Leah Vaughn (Sanaa Lathan) appears to have the ideal life. She enjoys a challenging, fast-paced career as a lobbyist; Dave (Morris Chestnut), her longterm boyfriend loves her. And yet … at 36, she's ready to move to the next phase. Marriage and a family seem a logical and welcome step. Dave is not so sure. A bit commitment phobic, his misgivings lead to a painful break up. Enter Carter Duncan (Michael Ealy), a handsome, charming stranger whose path keeps crossing with Leah's. Caring and solicitous of Leah and her family and friends, (Charles S. Dutton, Rutina Wesley, Kathryn Morris) their relationship rapidly progresses. It seems Leah has met The Perfect Guy. But if it seems too good to be true … soon his protective nature morphs into something more sinister. It's clear Leah has to end this new relationship and when she does, her onetime lover becomes her ultimate enemy. It will take every bit of her cunning and resolve to escape and outwit him.

Source

Quote:
‘Preppie Connection’ Hooks Huffman

Joe Castelo‘s ’80s private school drug ring film The Preppie Connection has accepted actor Logan Huffman into its click. Huffman will play Ellis Tynes, one of the wealthiest men at the school who is dating popular girl Alexis Hayes (Lucy Fry). At first Ellis looks at Toby Hammel (Thomas Mann) with disdain, but soon takes to him after learning that the lower class scholar is a drug dealer. Huffman’s credits include We Gotta Get Out Of This Place and Tyler Shields’ Final Girl. He is repped by APA, PYE Entertainment, and Myman Greenspan Fineman Fox Rosenberg & Light, LLP.

Source
I remember Evan Peters and Bella Heathcote were originally cast as the leads in The Preppie Connection. I guess they had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts.

And a few Legends promo pics of Morris:

Quote:

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 08-17-2014 at 05:18 AM
Old 08-25-2014, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for all the updates, Alex!
I plan to check out Legends, but I'll probably pass on Morris' other movie once it comes out.

I thought no one would mind if I posted Michael Trucco taking on the ALS ice bucket challenge :

Old 09-15-2014, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So much great news in here.

I still miss this show. I really want to get the dvds. Just don't know when.
Emma♥Neal
Old 09-16-2014, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Did you like how Season 2 ended, Ron?
Old 09-16-2014, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You know I actually loved how it ended. I remember being so pissed when it got cancelled- they give us an ending like that and then it's over WTH!

And it was crazy how only Erica seemed to be immune to the bliss. I was so looking forward to a season 3.

So many of my shows never make it passed a S2
Emma♥Neal
Old 09-16-2014, 10:33 AM
Elite Fan

I haven't watched an episode of "V" since it was cancelled, but the DVDs are probably a worthwhile addition for any fan of the show.

Thanks for posting Michael's Ice Bucket Challenge video, Fran. It's so cool that he and Nathan Fillion are such close friends.

Here are a couple more Ice Bucket Challenge videos:

Old 09-16-2014, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I haven't watched an episode either but I remember practically every detail from the show so it really made an impact.

Thanks for those IBC's
Emma♥Neal
Old 09-17-2014, 09:27 AM
Elite Fan

You know, Revolution was cancelled just a few months ago but the show already feels like a big wash to me. With "V", I can still remember a lot of details too even if it's not necessarily for good reasons.

I have found a trailer for Laura's upcoming movie Coffee Shop:

Coffee Shop airs on UpTV on September 19 at 9PM.

And a new photoshoot:

Old 10-09-2014, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Gah I miss this show I didn't know they did the ice bucket
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

Some Michael Trucco news:

Quote:
Scandal Casts Battlestar Vet as [Spoiler]'s Abusive Ex-Husband

Ex marks the spot for Battlestar Galactica alum Michael Trucco, who’s heading to Scandal as the estranged hubby of Darby Stanchfield’s Abby, TVLine has confirmed.

Per Scandal history, Trucco’s character, Charles Putney, is the youngest son of former Virginia Governor James Putney. His four-year arranged marriage to Abby ended when he assaulted her in a drunken stupor (prompting Olivia to return the favor by taking a tire iron to his knees).

Trucco is slated to appear in one November episode.

Source
Quote:
‘Battlestar Galactica’ Duo To Re-Team For New Project?

Winter London Film and Comic Con hit the Capital’s Earl’s Court this weekend. In attendance were two of Battlestar Galactica‘s cast, Katee Sackhoff and Michael Trucco. During their panel devoted to all things Battlestar Galactica it was apparent that even though the show is over their friendship is still going strong. So strong in fact that they have plans to potentially work together again in the near future. Trucco is hard at work trying to produce new project THE LAST TRANSPORT. Here’s what they had to say about the project:

MICHAEL TRUCCO: There is the potential, there’s a project in the future right?

KATEE SACKHOFF: (Giggles) He’s trying to get me to admit on film, and then it’ll be legally binding.

MT: I would never legally bind you. (pair laugh) Yeah I’m actually hoping to produce a film, we’re hoping to start shooting the end of this year/early next year. I am desperately on my knee trying to get my lovely co-star Katee to join me. So keep your eyes open for something called THE LAST TRANSPORT.

KS: It’s a really good project so I really want to do it, I’m just not holding myself to it.

MT: Well you see Katee gets offered way bigger stuff. She’s always the one who’s ‘washing her hair’ when you ask if she’s free for dinner. But should all else fall through for Katee then we’ll be working on this project together.

Source

And Morena is featured on the cover of the November issue of Latina Magazine:

Quote:
Morena Baccarin is Latina Magazine's November 2014 Cover Star!

Brazilian beauty and Emmy-nominated actress Morena Baccarin discusses her career and personal life post-Homeland in the November 2014 issue of Latina. The new mommy delves into the reasons for taking on a role of biblical proportions in Lifetime’s miniseries The Red Tent; filming Spy, her first foray into comedy, with Melissa McCarthy; and the meaning of true love—all in Latina’s exclusive interview, on newsstands and Nook Newsstand on October 14.

On having her first child, Julius: “You don’t know what love is until you meet your child. It’s so much fun to see the world through his eyes. He’s part of the reason I took on The Red Tent, because it’s about giving birth, family and all that comes with it.”

On being an icon for sci-fi fans of V and Firefly: “At Comic-Con they pose for photos on their knees proposing to me, or they’re dressed in an outfit from one of the shows. We have such a good time recreating it and doing role-play games, and there are things they do that make the show live on in their lives. I find that so amazing.”

On trying her hand at comedy with actress Melissa McCarthy and director Paul Feig of Bridesmaids in the upcoming movie, Spy: “It was really fun and there was a lot of improvisation. Those guys are just amazing. They’re so precise, and they come up with the best s**t on the fly. I did the movie right in the middle of The Red Tent shoot. It was really nice because I could break up a serious epic Bible movie with the goofing around.”

On why she wanted to marry Austin Chick, her husband of three years, after a decade of being together: “I did the whole thing where I didn’t want to get married. And I said that I didn’t need a piece of paper to tell me that I love somebody. Sure enough, though, a couple years later, I was like, What’s the problem? Why haven’t you asked me to marry you yet? All that Latin stuff comes firing back, all those traditions. You like to think that you’re bigger than your traditions and customs, but they form who you are.”

On why her husband is her true love: “I have such admiration and appreciation for who he is. I strive to be better at what I do for a living and who I am as a mother because of him. He inspires me.”

Link to article + BTS video, Outtakes
Old 10-21-2014, 02:22 PM
Elite Fan

Official trailer for Logan's upcoming movie "Bad Turn Worse" (aka "We Gotta Get Out Of This Town"):

Official trailer for "37: A Final Promise" co-starring Scott Wolf and Tricia Helfer:

And Morris has landed another movie role:

Quote:
Morris Chestnut Boards ‘Bus 657′

EXCLUSIVE: Morris Chestnut has joined Robert De Niro, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Dave Bautista and Gina Carano in the Scott Mann-directed Bus 657. He plays the role of Derrick “Dog” Prince in the film that began shooting this week in Alabama, with Randall Emmett and George Furla producing for Emmett/Furla/Oasis. Stephen Sepher and Max Adams wrote the script.

This pic centers on a father without the means to pay for his daughter’s medical treatment. As a last resort, he partners with a greedy co-worker to rob a casino and the two hijack a bus full of hostages and things go awry. De Niro will play Frank “The Pope,” owner of the casino, and Chestnut will play De Niro’s right-hand man tasked with bringing the money back before the cops seize it and realize it’s dirty.

Chestnut, who’s currently starring with Sean Bean in the TNT series Legends after ending his run on Nurse Jackie, next stars in The Perfect Guy for Screen Gems and is coming off the Universal hit The Best Man Holiday. He is repped by Gersh and Link.

Source
Old 10-22-2014, 01:44 PM
Elite Fan

This is intriguing casting news, IMO:

Quote:
Gotham Scoop: Morena Baccarin Checks In as Mythic Batman Figure

The doctor is in, and she’s hot for Detective Gordon!

Homeland‘s Morena Baccarin is joining Gotham in the iconic DC Comics role of Dr. Leslie Thompkins, TVLine has learned.

Thompkins is a gifted and dedicated physician who was a friend of the late Thomas and Martha Wayne. She is determined to use her skills to aid Gotham’s most in need, which currently means working at the newly opened Arkham Asylum’s Home for the Criminally Insane.

In addition to her medical skills, her coolness under pressure will serve her well as she finds herself drawn to Ben McKenzie’s James Gordon and into more and more dangerous waters.

Baccarin’s recurring stint kicks off in early 2015.

Thoughts on the casting? Do you think Baccarin and McKenzie will make a good pair? Hit the comments!

Source