Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2013, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

"V" Cast #2: V was for Visitors. And Very attractive people.

Welcome to the 2nd appreciation thread for
The Cast of "V"

V was for Visitors. And Very attractive people.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 08-05-2015 at 05:40 PM
Old 11-13-2013, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Charles was Wolverine for Halloween:

[x]

BE STILL MY HEART.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:12 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for opening the new thread and updating the OP, Fran.

Morris did a couple of talkshow appearance to promote The Best Man Holiday.

On the Wendy Williams Show:

On NNL:

With Harold Perrineau, Taye Diggs and Terrence Howard on The Arsenio Hall Show:

And some general press interviews:

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 11-16-2013 at 06:19 AM
Old 11-16-2013, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh wow, lots of stuff to catch up with. Thanks for all the Morris videos.
Get that press, boy.

I went through a few of the twitter accounts linked to in the OP and saw a couple of set pics of Mark when he was filming Resurrection. It made me remember how good the trailer for that pilot looked... and then I went to check and was reminded that it premieres in March. D'OH.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the new thread.

Ha! It's funny to see Charles dressed as Wolverine. I mean, people often compared bearded Charles to Wolverine. I think he likes the comparison.

Old 11-18-2013, 06:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
I went through a few of the twitter accounts linked to in the OP and saw a couple of set pics of Mark when he was filming Resurrection. It made me remember how good the trailer for that pilot looked... and then I went to check and was reminded that it premieres in March. D'OH.
I am looking forward to the show too, but March is still so far away. The last I heard, ABC is planning to put it into a bad timeslot too: Behind Revenge on Sunday's at 10PM. That's like not having a lead-in at all.

The Best Man Holiday had a great opening weekend at the box office:

Quote:
Box office report: 'Thor' stays on top with $38.5 million, but 'Best Man Holiday' brings the thunder

For the second weekend in a row, Marvel’s $170 million sequel Thor: The Dark World topped the domestic box office chart. The Chris Hemsworth vehicle fell 55 percent to $38.5 million, giving the comic book adaptation $147 million total so far. The Dark World is still on track to easily surpass the original Thor‘s $181 million domestic total in 2011, and it should finish above $200 million.

Internationally, the sequel has already earned more than its predecessor. The Dark World has grossed $332.8 million internationally and $479.8 million worldwide, far more than Thor’s $268 million and $449 million respective finishes. At this point, The Dark World seems headed for a finish above $700 million worldwide.

Thor wasn’t the only success story this weekend. The Best Man Holiday unwrapped an outstanding $30.5 million on opening weekend from 2,024 theaters, yielding an excellent $15,115 venue average — the best in the top-10. The film, which stars Terrence Howard, Taye Diggs, and Regina Hall (among others), opened with $10.7 million on Friday, and then ticked up 15 percent on Saturday to $12 million — a rare boost on a film’s opening weekend that signifies great word-of-mouth. Audiences, which Universal reports were 75 percent female and 87 percent African-American, issued the film a rare “A+” CinemaScore grade.

Holiday‘s predecessor, the 1999 comedy The Best Man, which was also written and directed by Malcolm D. Lee, grossed $9 million on its opening weekend en route to a $34 million total. Given how handily The Best Man Holiday beat that film’s opening weekend, and given its slim $17 million budget, Universal likely won’t wait 14 years before releasing another sequel.

Third place belonged to CBS Films’ Last Vegas, which continued to demonstrate great staying power and older-audience appeal in its third weekend. The Vegas adventure, which stars Michael Douglas, Morgan Freeman, and Robert DeNiro, didn’t hit the jackpot in its opening weekend, but teensy drops are turning it into a substantial hit. The film fell just 25 percent to $8.9 million this weekend, good for a $47 million running total against a $28 million budget. Last Vegas is set to become CBS Films’ highest-grossing film ever ahead of last year’s Daniel Radcliffe spookfest The Woman In Black, which earned $54.3 million.

Thanksgiving-themed comedy Free Birds held up in fourth place with $8.3 million, marking a scant 25 percent drop from last weekend, a sensible dip as the holiday approaches. While the film’s week-to-week hold is encouraging, its numbers were unfortunately quite low to begin with. After three frames, Relativity’s $55 million animation has earned just $42.2 million — and that’s without any family competition.

Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa rounded out the Top 5, falling by only 32 percent to $7.7 million. Paramount’s $15 million prank film has become one of the runaway smashes of the fall season, and — unlike the other Jackass films — proved an enduring success, rather than a fast burn at the box office. The film has earned $90.2 million so far, and it’s poised to pass the $100 million mark in the coming weeks.

1. Thor: The Dark World – $38.5million
2. The Best Man Holiday – $30.6 million
3. Last Vegas – $8.9 million
4. Free Birds – $8.3 million
5. Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa – $7.7 million

In limited release, Oscar contender Dallas Buyers Club expanded nicely from 35 to 184 theaters, pulling in $1.8 million this weekend — about $9,701 per theater. Focus Features will continue expanding the film, which has earned $3 million so far, in the coming weeks. New opener Nebraska also fared well in its opening weekend. The Alexander Payne film, which stars Bruce Dern and Will Forte, pulled in $140,000 from only four theaters.

Next week brings the arrival of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, and guess what? It’s going to make a lot of money. How much? Stay tuned to EW to find out.

Source
Congrats to Morris and the rest of the cast and crew. I think with these kind of numbers a third film is more or less guaranteed.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:17 PM
Elite Fan

ABC has announced official premiere dates for Mark and Michael's new shows:

Quote:
ABC Announces Mid-Season Changes

TUESDAY, JANUARY 7
10:00-11:00 p.m. “Killer Women”

SUNDAY, MARCH 9
9:00-10:00 p.m. “Resurrection” (New Time)
10:00-11:00 p.m. “Revenge” (New Time)

Source
It's good to see that Resurrection has received the post-OUAT timeslot. It's not ideal, but still miles better than airing behind Revenge.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Morris' movie did really fantastically at the BO! Congratulations to him and the rest of the cast and crew.

And thanks for those dates.
I had forgotten about Killer Women . Fingers crossed the show is much better than what that one trailer I saw suggested.

Scott and his son Jackson at the premiere of Disney's Frozen, last November 19:

source
Old 11-20-2013, 08:40 PM
Elite Fan

^ Aww, those pics of Scott and Jackson are adorable. And Scott still looks as young as ever.

Quote:
And thanks for those dates.
I had forgotten about Killer Women . Fingers crossed the show is much better than what that one trailer I saw suggested.
Word. I think the first season only has 8 episodes, so even if the show turns out to be as bad as the trailer suggests, it will be over quickly and should be relatively easy to get through.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Seriously. Having a "boyish" face has nice long term benefits.

Also! He and his wife are expecting their third child, a daughter:

Baby Girl on the Way for Scott and Kelley Wolf – Moms & Babies – Celebrity Babies and Kids - Moms & Babies - People.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Word. I think the first season only has 8 episodes, so even if the show turns out to be as bad as the trailer suggests, it will be over quickly and should be relatively easy to get through.
I like your zero expectations approach.
Still hoping to see Tricia score something really interesting one day.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Aww, congrats to Scott and Kelley. Their family is expanding very quickly.

Quote:
I like your zero expectations approach.
Still hoping to see Tricia score something really interesting one day.
Me too. Unfortunately, Tricia has had horrible luck with pilots. I still remember that she had a development deal with Fox at the time when they were developing shows like Fringe and Dollhouse. Man, she would have been fantastic as the lead in Dollhouse. She would have been required to play several different characters and we know from BSG that she is great at doing that.

Scott is featured in People magazine's Sexiest Man Alive 2013 issue. You can watch a BTS video of his photoshoot here.

And here is a scan:

Old 11-23-2013, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Aww, congrats to Scott and Kelley. Their family is expanding very quickly.
When I was posting the link to the article here, I remembered that you had posted about their announcing to be expecting the second kid just in the previous thread, and had a bit of a "another one already?!" freak out.
Then I realized that our previous thread had been going on for ages, and calmed down.
Quote:
Me too. Unfortunately, Tricia has had horrible luck with pilots. I still remember that she had a development deal with Fox at the time when they were developing shows like Fringe and Dollhouse. Man, she would have been fantastic as the lead in Dollhouse. She would have been required to play several different characters and we know from BSG that she is great at doing that.
And her acting is about a couple of galaxies ahead of who ended up as the actual lead of Dollhouse. Sigh.
Has she been doing some indie movies or any other non-tv related project?
Quote:
Scott is featured in People magazine's Sexiest Man Alive 2013 issue. You can watch a BTS video of his photoshoot here.
Oh wow, congrats! I genuinely don't mean the following as a diss, but - this was unexpected!
Because this list is very popularity-oriented, and didn't think Scott had had that much visibility in the past year. But I also have a short memory, so, err.

Thanks for video and scan! I really like the shot they used in the magazine.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And her acting is about a couple of galaxies ahead of who ended up as the actual lead of Dollhouse. Sigh.
I know. I really liked Eliza Dushku as Faith on Buffy, but Tricia is in another acting league altogether.

Quote:
Has she been doing some indie movies or any other non-tv related project?
I know she has filmed some indies. One of them is called 37 and Scott is in it too, but I don't know if they have any scenes together. She has also done voice work for video games and animated series, but she mostly works in television. It's just unfortunate that she can't seem to score a big gig on a good, successful show. Whenever she gets cast in a regular or recurring capacity, the show seems to get cancelled.

Quote:
Oh wow, congrats! I genuinely don't mean the following as a diss, but - this was unexpected!
Because this list is very popularity-oriented, and didn't think Scott had had that much visibility in the past year. But I also have a short memory, so, err.
I was very surprised when I saw it too, but maybe I shouldn't be? When "V" used to air, Scott was the only member of the male cast who would be featured on some of the sexiest TV actor lists. That always kind of baffled me when it happened.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I know. I really liked Eliza Dushku as Faith on Buffy, but Tricia is in another acting league altogether.
I think Faith was the only role she was really good in.
Quote:
I know she has filmed some indies. One of them is called 37 and Scott is in it too, but I don't know if they have any scenes together. She has also done voice work for video games and animated series, but she mostly works in television. It's just unfortunate that she can't seem to score a big gig on a good, successful show. Whenever she gets cast in a regular or recurring capacity, the show seems to get cancelled.
Such a shame. She could do so good with some great material to act.
Quote:
I was very surprised when I saw it too, but maybe I shouldn't be? When "V" used to air, Scott was the only member of the male cast who would be featured on some of the sexiest TV actor lists. That always kind of baffled me when it happened.
Not to say Scott isn't cute, but perhaps his past fame in Po5 still plays a part in getting mentions?

Trailer for Morena's Back in the Day:

Old 12-14-2013, 06:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Not to say Scott isn't cute, but perhaps his past fame in Po5 still plays a part in getting mentions?
I think that's likely.

Thanks for the trailer for Back in the Day. I don't know how big of a cinematic release the film is going to get, but it would be nice if it does well at the box office.

Speaking of Morena, she won't be back as a series regular in season 4 of Homeland:

Quote:
Homeland Exclusive: Two Original Castmembers Not Returning as Regulars in Season 4

Homeland is saying goodbye to two of its own.

On the eve of the Showtime hit’s Season 3 finale, TVLine has learned exclusively that original castmembers Morena Bacarin and Morgan Saylor will not be back as series regulars in Season 4.

The move hardly comes as a surprise, as Bacarin’s Jessica and Saylor’s Dana appeared less frequently as Season 3 went on and Brody’s shattered home life became less of a focus. (The former’s real-life pregnancy also likely contributed to Jessica’s disappearance during the second half of the season.)

According to sources, the door is open for both actresses to return on a guest-star basis, the same way ex-full-timer Diego Klattenhoff (Mike) did this season.

Reps for Showtime and 20th Century Fox declined to comment.

Homeland wraps its third season Sunday at 9/8c.

Source

And Laura has done a new photoshoot:

Quote:
She looks lovely.