Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2012, 05:14 AM
Master Fan

Off-Topic Thread #19: Network executives, George R. R. Martin, and the Art of Emotional Damage.

Off Topic

Old 05-16-2012, 05:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ayumi~ (View Post)
I need to hurry up and read faster. I'm re-reading the first book now.
You do! Are you going to read the books before the series?

Quote:
ASOS left me emotionally destroyed LOL Martin is crazy!
It did, are you reading AFFC?

Quote:
Shipping a couple in those books is a suicide.
Liking a character in that book is suicide.

Quote:
Wait till you read AFFC, you are gonna see the relationship from both sides (since there are cersei's POVs) and I think it's very important, maybe your love for them will grow, maybe it won't but you will def make up your mind about the couple in a way or another.
I know, I've read two Cersei chapters and two Jaime's and I still don't know.

Quote:
I don't know what they are gonna do on the show, now they are making Cersei different from the books, she is softer!
I'm angry! I want someone to explain to me why the male characters are exactly like the books but they are changing Catelyn and Cersei to justify their actions, and making them more "likable". And c'mon, out of all people she would say those things and cry in front of Tyrion? TYRION?????

Quote:
Nobody has even made one single title suggestion yet?!
We were waiting for you
Old 05-16-2012, 07:26 AM
Elite Fan

MARY AND JAIME AT THE UPFRONTS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by poehler-bear (View Post)
You do! Are you going to read the books before the series?
Yes, I can't wait

Quote:
Liking a character in that book is suicide.
True that

I LOVE THIS TITLE Thank you, Fran
Old 05-16-2012, 07:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
MARY AND JAIME AT THE UPFRONTS
Aww, she looks great!

Quote:
Yes, I can't wait
I knew it! A bunch of people I know said they would wait for the show but everybody gave up

I LOVE THIS TITLE Thank you, Fran [2]
Old 05-16-2012, 07:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Aww, she looks great!
Yes I can't believe she is sixty.

Quote:
I knew it! A bunch of people I know said they would wait for the show but everybody gave up
I see I'm not the only one! I thought I'd be stronger But I can't wait to know what happens! And they are changing things anyway, so
Old 05-16-2012, 08:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yes I can't believe she is sixty.
me neither!

Quote:
I see I'm not the only one! I thought I'd be stronger But I can't wait to know what happens! And they are changing things anyway, so
oh yeah, and who knows if GRRM will be done with the series by the time the show reaches s7.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:19 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
me neither!
She's had plastic surgery though. Anyway she looks great <3

Quote:
oh yeah, and who knows if GRRM will be done with the series by the time the show reaches s7.
Exactly I heard book 3 will be 2 seasons, do you know if that's true?
Old 05-16-2012, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for starting the new thread!

I don't know why you guys keep liking and using my titles, but you almost make me feel imaginative.
Quote:
They ordered 6 comedies! And maybe they will order another one! WTF? They think new shows will solve their problem, they won't.
I watched the previews for NBC new shows the other night - I know a couple of minutes aren't enough to judge, but... they smell of mediocrity. And not to rub salt in the wound, but I also took a look at CBS' new series and almost all of them are somehow promising, instead.
Quote:
Actually more like Jeff/Annie and Troy/Britta. There isn't a single episode without Jeff/Annie interaction these days, ugh.
Well, at least it's not a triangle/square anymore, then. But neither of those pairings do anything for me. Not anymore, at least.
Quote:
Both actually. And I hate that's it's HBO because you just know they will blow the sex related stuff out of proportion and give them much more importance than they do in the books. But my main problem and what I really can't get past by is how they are ruining my favorite character and ignoring so many important things and people in her life. Also I'm wondering how they will deal with one of the biggest things that happens on the series if they are ignoring a fundamental part of that event. Many things just feel wrong to me :/
Hearing that worries me. Who is your favorite character? Is she a main player?
Quote:
You guys it's Barack Obama and Grace Park
Aww! I totally missed her at the White House Correspondents' dinner, only saw pics of Daniel Dae Kim.
(that shot was taken there, right?)
Quote:
I agree. I think the books would have been better without the triangle, but I guess she felt the need to add one lol. And yesterday I read people complained because there wasn't enough focus on the triangle. WTF. What I ‘liked’ about it though, is that both male characters didn’t fight or anything, they weren’t friends, but they didn’t hate each other either.
Triangles make everything better! Except when they don't. Which is always.
And I can only stomach them in small doses, so I envy those who love to see those storylines unfold because I only get irritated while they probably have fun with it.

Oh, and I'm sure on Game of Thrones I'll end up liking Jaime with the woman who has either no chances with him or doesn't even like him, or he will never hook up with. That would be Brienne, right?
I just know I'll lean towards the doomed pairing, if I ever develop any shippy tendency. I excel at picking the losing side.
Quote:
Ugh. I've never watched that show, I don't think I'd like it. One of my best friends loved it though, and my dad watched it as well lol. Now that I think of it, I watched the first 5 minutes with my best friend because she insisted that I'd like it and I had enough.
It's not that it isn't an entertaining show, if you like the genre. It's like the single women version of Desperate Housewives. But what I always found ridiculous is how it had this aura of feminism about it, according to the fans, when in reality it all boiled down to each main character having men-related issues.
Quote:
Oh, I see. yeah, I think you're right. But maybe people would get used to it anyway, especially young people. I'd never thought it would be successful here either, but they are always packed. I have to say, though, the majority of customers I see are foreigners. I didn't know that about this person's trip to Italy, that's interesting.
Yes, their best shot is with young people.
I would have to try their cappuccino and espresso before making an evaluation of their products. If they don't do the basics well, I'm not interested in the more elaborated/exotic drinks.
Quote:
I wouldn't define him as a "bad boy", but Peeta is the good and decent one and Gale is a little bit more passionate lol. And a bit vengeful. He has a darkness within him that Peeta doesn't have. But I wouldn't say he is a ‘bad boy’.
Good and decent but interesting with his flaws, or Gary Stu good?
Quote:
Oh, voices (and accents) help a lot sometimes, I think I like Alan Rickman only because of his voice But there are MANY people who like Tom because I see him in my dash every day and people are like NGHHHH I personally do not find him very "hot" but that could change if I watched his interviews, BTS stuff etc. It has happened to me with other actors before, so.
Girl. Your dash. Introduce me to it. These days all I see on Livejournal and Twitter are people fangirling/geeking out about Game of Thrones (that's welcome) and Castle. And the occasional Vampire Diaries/Gossip Girls rants. I always have to go hunt down for Tom related things, they never comes from those I follow.
Quote:
I didn't like any of them to be honest. They were so slow and boring. I almost never quit watching a movie, I always try to watch it 'til the end but I couldn't do it with those movies lol. But you like superhero movies more than me, so you’ll appreciate them more if you ever watch them, I’m sure of it.
I'm not that big on superheroes movies, either. Actually, before last summer the only two franchises I gave a damn about were The X-Men and Batman.
But hey. As long as at least one Hulk movie doesn't suck as hard as Green Lantern did last year, I might be able to cope. GL set the bar low.
Quote:
I hate it too, and I agree, it’s torture. I had a very bad experience once. I went to see Marley and Me with a friend, and it was a comedy but the ending was so sad I started bawling and I couldn’t stop. My friend was so worried about me lol. Because I never cry in the movies unless it’s very very sad or it involves a dog. And I was legit bawling with this movie lol. I just wasn't expecting that ending because the movie was a freaking comedy.
Something like that happened to me with Futurama. Futurama! There is more honor crying over a movie - find comfort in that.
There is this episode of Futurama where Fry, the protagonist who has woken up in the far future after an accidental criogenic sleep, wants to clone his old dog. After the usual comedy shenanigans, in the end he decides not to, saying that his dog must've forgotten about him when he never came back to pick him up (he left the dog at his work place, with his boss), and been happy with the life he had anyway.
And that's when the cartoon starts the music, cuts to flashback, and shows Fry's dog waiting for his owner outside his work place. For years, alone. And the last shot before the episode fades to black are the old dog's eyes closing, because he is dying.
I was so freaking sad after watching that. I was laughing one minute and felt punched in the guts in the next. Getting emotional over an animated dog in a comedy series.
So ashamed.
Quote:
LMFAO. That doesn't surprise me anymore If tumblr has taught me anything is that ‘if it exists, it can be shipped'. And if there is angst between them then it will be shipped for sure lol.
At least I can say the Supernatural fandom prepared me for it.
Quote:
Maybe now your type has changed and you like guys who look like Tom now! Or maybe he is your only exception. Well if your taste in men has changed I'll keep Josh and Niko
Aww, my sweet Anna - she always supports me without any ulterior motive.
I guess I'm a bit bipolar when it comes to crushes types. Blonde Viking one day, Sererus Snape the next.
Quote:
Only 4 more episodes Each season only has 10 episodes.
Ten?! Oy.
Quote:
Awww, you have it even worse than me now Why is Josh testing your patience? I remember you told me his movies weren’t very good or something like that?
Because I have no idea what the frak he is doing.
I was one of the most supportive fans when he said he wanted to try movies. Afterall, it was now or never. That isn't working out because the only decent role he got was M:I 4 and it lasted 3 minutes, but I don't fault him for that. TV actors have it hard trying to score cinema roles, that's a given. Yet we don't hear... anything. He didn't say he was on a break, neither that he wouldn't do television at all.
I mean, if you can't score quality roles, then try to do a lot of small things here and there to stay on people's radar. I would take even parts in crappy movies, if we got at least 2-3 a year. The more you work, the more chances to hit a good project. And while I can even theorize that he couldn't score movie roles at all, why not even a few guest spots on TV. I can NOT believe there aren't shows willing to give him a short arc or guest spots. There was so much buzz when he signed for the Community cameo, and he was one of the Losties media were the most curious about when the series wrapped.
So, either he is happy with working very very little, maybe take an unofficial break to spend time with his family, or he has adopted the worst strategy every to handle his post Lost steps.
If it's the former, I wish he said something, like Liz did.

And it doesn't help that the only thing I have to look forward to when it comes to him is a breakdancing movie with a ridiculous title and starring Chris Brown.

My confusion and frustration are showing when I post on the Josh board, and while I wish I could be optimistic and try to keep the discussion light and positive, I'm not very good at that. So I get even more frustrated, feeling I'm also failing as mod.
Quote:
(I bet TNT forced her to have one, because she doesn’t even know how to use her cell phone and she always says she’s 20 years behind on technology)

Does she tweet herself or has an assistant taking care of it?
16 episodes in total isn't bad at all, almost a full season for you to enjoy.

That MC group promotional photo/banner looks great, btw!
(The show is listed in the Summer TV Shows poll - you must've already seen that, but just in case...)
Quote:
By the way, the kid (well, boy) from ‘2 And a Half Men’, Graham Patrick Martin will be on Major Crimes. I didn't recognize him at first because in the episodes they are airing here he is still a kid. He will be introduced in the last episode of The Closer, and the poor thing didn't know it was the last episode, and when they were doing the table-read everyone was crying and he was like WTF. lol.
LOL! Is he a recurring or regular in Major Crime?
Quote:
Awww. I want Liz and Josh's paparazzi pics too. BY THE WAY, I READ THERE WILL BE AN AVENGERS SEQUEL!!!! You must be very happy right now! I guess you’ll have set pictures, new interviews and all very soon!
I am! Between that, Thor 2, Captain America 2, and the Black Widow solo movie, I'll know how to keep my eyeballs busy for the next couple of years.

Oh, and when it comes to Tom I also have a BBC mini-series coming out this summer, and two movies he will be filming before the end of the year to look forward to, in addition to Thor 2.

I guess I just went over-dramatic on you because Josh and Liz remains my #1 darlings and they are fully in hiding.
Quote:
Yes, it was very easy, actually I wanted to stay there. But then again I'd get used to live almost anywhere. I'd go live in China in a heartbeat. It takes no effort for me to acclimate myself to a new place not matter how different it is, I don't know if that's normal lol.
Who cares if it's normal, it's great and extremely handy.
I'm good at getting used to new places. (Unless it involves camping and there aren't baths around. Forever my Achille's heel)
Quote:
A similar thing happened to me, my real first try was with The Closer, but I didn't understand Brenda's accent AT ALL, so I kept watching the dubbed version until I had watched more shows/movies and I felt ready to give it another try.
I wish the next worldwide hit show is a Norwegian show. I want English speakers who access new shows online to experience the pain of subtitles at least once.
Glad you didn't have it then
Quote:
ETA: See Fran? this just popped up on my dash:
That dork extraordinaire.
That was in Rome, btw. I was so relieved the red carpet they set up here was a decent one.
Quote:
He's always on my dash
And I repeat - I've never seen your dash, but I already like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Great news for fans of Cougar Town: The move to TBS is official
Replying to this because good news deserve extra shout-outs.
That's also my cue to catch up with the series.
Quote:
Don't worry! Oh no, bad weekend? what happened?
People I don't expect to piss me off, pissing me off.
I'm good now, had a chance to clear up a couple of things since then.
Quote:
Maybe some network will want it? It has a solid following... I don't know, after TBS acquired Cougar Town and DirectTv FNL I have a bit more of hope.
That's the only hope. They already got a deal with Hulu so I'm sure NBC is going to wash its hands of it next year. But I can't fault them (except for the fact that the new shows they greenlit and might be possible replacements look hella lame).
Quote:
AND THEN JAIME/NIKO WAS IN THE GOT EPISODE (FINALLY) AND HE WAS ALL BLOODY AND DIRTY BUT HE LOOKED GORGEOUS ANYWAY.
Oh my. He id dirty and bloody AND there is a collar around his neck.
...And I find him hot.
I might be more disturbed than I thought.
Quote:
BUT I'LL MISS JASON ISAACS' FACE
Another gorgeous man gone from my screen. Le sigh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamae (View Post)
All my shows are officially got cancelled five of them
That really sucks, you had it worse than all of us.
I hope you find something you love in the new series that got picked up!
Quote:
In happier BSG fandom news, Tricia is currently in Glendale to promote the new animated series Tron: Uprising and in one of her interviews, she hinted at a possible Number Six appearance in the BSG: Blood And Chrome movie. Now I'm even more pumped for it.
That would be really, really cool!

Sorry it took me forever to reply to everyone, the TV technician came over and had to pause typing twice (my region recently switched from analogic to digital and I completely forgot to buy decoders for our televisions, so we spent a week or so with all channels stuck on the static/noise effect )
Old 05-16-2012, 03:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
She's had plastic surgery though. Anyway she looks great <3
By the pictures I saw it doesn't look like it ruined her face, like Faye Dunaway (rip her beautiful face)

Quote:
Exactly I heard book 3 will be 2 seasons, do you know if that's true?
I've heard the same. I don't know, but I can easily see them doing that, like ending the season in the event that crushed my soul. I want to talk to you about it! Read fast!

Quote:
I don't know why you guys keep liking and using my titles, but you almost make me feel imaginative.
1) they are always great
2) we're too lazy to think of something else

Quote:
but I also took a look at CBS' new series and almost all of them are somehow promising, instead.
wow! I'm too lazy to check previews

Quote:
Hearing that worries me. Who is your favorite character? Is she a main player?
Catelyn. Well in the books she has her own chapter and they are as frequent as let's say Tyrion's. But in the series (some spoilers) they don't spend much time on her. Like in the books things are through her eyes so we never see her son/girl he is interesting in until she meets them, But in the show they are spending a lot of time in the romance

Quote:
Oh, and I'm sure on Game of Thrones I'll end up liking Jaime with the woman who has either no chances with him or doesn't even like him, or he will never hook up with. That would be Brienne, right?
Not really. But they will probably die anyway

I only picked the losing side twice, Dexter/Rita (she died) and it looks like Jeff/Britta. Don't know about Will/Alicia and Roger/Joan. But everybody else ended up together (or almost like Logan/Veronica), but that doesn't mean happiness, like Mulder/Scully is pain all the way, even in the movie.

Quote:
But what I always found ridiculous is how it had this aura of feminism about it, according to the fans, when in reality it all boiled down to each main character having men-related issues.
and how she needs that one man. She's so dependant of Big and she'll screw up her whole life to be with him I don't know how people shipped that sick relationship

Quote:
These days all I see on Livejournal and Twitter are people fangirling/geeking out about Game of Thrones (that's welcome) and Castle.
My dash after Castle finale was like 85% Castle

Quote:
I was so freaking sad after watching that. I was laughing one minute and felt punched in the guts in the next. Getting emotional over an animated dog in a comedy series.
So ashamed.
I cried reading this. omg. I'm such a sap. I honestly think that after the first half of Parks s4 and X-Files my emotions were so screwed up they are never going to be in an acceptable organization anymore.

Quote:
That's also my cue to catch up with the series.
Yes! This season has been so great!

Quote:
People I don't expect to piss me off, pissing me off.
I'm good now, had a chance to clear up a couple of things since then.

I think I'm gonna die soon because one of my friend is watching X-Files for the first time and freaking out about it (and making sex related comments, always welcomed. also she reached the stage where everytime she sees Scully she screams "HOW ARE YOU REAL?" or something of the kind) and another friend is watching Parks and Rec and freaking out about it too, and I've been trying to make her watch it for over a year. So yeah, HEAVEN #death
Old 05-16-2012, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
1) they are always great
I'll accept the second explanation.
Quote:
wow! I'm too lazy to check previews
Nothing that made me go "Must watch!", but there are some cute/creative-looking ones.
NBC's new shows look like a bunch of recycled ideas. I'll check out a few of them anyway (like "Go On", but mostly out of loyalty for Matthew Perry), but I'm going into them without expectations or enthusiasm.
Quote:
Catelyn. Well in the books she has her own chapter and they are as frequent as let's say Tyrion's. But in the series (some spoilers) they don't spend much time on her. Like in the books things are through her eyes so we never see her son/girl he is interesting in until she meets them, But in the show they are spending a lot of time in the romance
Argh, romance. I like it just fine but keep it in its original limits.
Sorry about Catelyn - it sucks that she got a bad deal in the show because everyone keeps praising the writing for the female characters in the books.
Quote:
Not really. But they will probably die anyway
Thank you kindly for that ray of hope.
Quote:
I only picked the losing side twice, Dexter/Rita (she died) and it looks like Jeff/Britta. Don't know about Will/Alicia and Roger/Joan. But everybody else ended up together (or almost like Logan/Veronica), but that doesn't mean happiness, like Mulder/Scully is pain all the way, even in the movie.
Your life has been easy!
I went through the Epitome of Frakked Up that was Spike/Buffy, Jess/Rory ending with Rory trying to get it on with Jess to get revenge on her immature boyfriend, Sawyer/Kate being used for their chemistry and ruined right after the writers had them hooking up (that at least I loved - I am at peace with S/K from the pilot to 3x06. Small comfort), House/Cuddy made me wish the writers never went romantic with them to begin with, Kara and Sam ended with sadness overload (not giving details about the series finale, in case you decide to watch it one day)... you get the idea.
I mean, I can't even say "oh, they look cute" after two characters have met, that I doom them - in that silliness that was BBC's Robin Hood, Guy met this girl when they were both imprisoned, and I enjoyed their banter. BAM, 20 minutes later she is dead.

And how are Mulder/Scully painful? No triangles, no random love interests, no lack of respect/betrayal from either of them... okay we got a pregnancy with some Jesus complex issues attached, but overall, that was a piece of cake.

Oh, and I know I'm behind but I wouldn't count Jeff/Britta out of the game. Dan loves Britta, and also loves giving each and every possible pairing combination some action, from time to time.
Quote:
and how she needs that one man. She's so dependant of Big and she'll screw up her whole life to be with him I don't know how people shipped that sick relationship
I can take dysfunctional, sometimes, but I can't take it like that - every episode you were hammered in the head about love, and Big, and those voiceovers on the meaning of life that always went back to one thing - how to find your prince.
Quote:
You like them, though, so that must've been nice. I did get a kick from seeing 8,758 gifs of Sawyer and Juliet kissing post-The End.
I dropped Castle in the middle of Season 1 so I never know what to say and just scroll past, lol. But at least I have nothing against it.
Once upon a time I had to deal with online friends on Glee overdoses and those were actually painful.
Quote:
I cried reading this. omg. I'm such a sap. I honestly think that after the first half of Parks s4 and X-Files my emotions were so screwed up they are never going to be in an acceptable organization anymore.
LMAO. People who don't exist ruining our lives.
Quote:
Yes! This season has been so great!
I'm so behind I honestly don't remember what was the last thing I watched. Ouch.
Quote:
I think I'm gonna die soon because one of my friend is watching X-Files for the first time and freaking out about it (and making sex related comments, always welcomed. also she reached the stage where everytime she sees Scully she screams "HOW ARE YOU REAL?" or something of the kind) and another friend is watching Parks and Rec and freaking out about it too, and I've been trying to make her watch it for over a year. So yeah, HEAVEN #death
I swear I've never met someone who gets such a kick out of "converting" friends to their favorite obsessions.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:16 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
Because they are good!

Quote:
Aww! I totally missed her at the White House Correspondents' dinner, only saw pics of Daniel Dae Kim.
(that shot was taken there, right?)
I have no idea It popped up on my dash and I reblogged it.

Quote:
Triangles make everything better! Except when they don't. Which is always.
And I can only stomach them in small doses, so I envy those who love to see those storylines unfold because I only get irritated while they probably have fun with it.
I hate them so much. I used to tolerate them but now I’m sick of them.

Quote:
I just know I'll lean towards the doomed pairing, if I ever develop any shippy tendency. I excel at picking the losing side.
Yes, you’d ship Jaime and Brienne then Brienne is awesome!

Quote:
It's not that it isn't an entertaining show, if you like the genre. It's like the single women version of Desperate Housewives. But what I always found ridiculous is how it had this aura of feminism about it, according to the fans, when in reality it all boiled down to each main character having men-related issues.
Ugh. I’d hate that show then. I don’t really like the genre either.

Quote:
Yes, their best shot is with young people.
I would have to try their cappuccino and espresso before making an evaluation of their products. If they don't do the basics well, I'm not interested in the more elaborated/exotic drinks.
I like their coffee, but I don’t know if you’d like it. It’s not very strong.

Quote:
Good and decent but interesting with his flaws, or Gary Stu good?
I do not find him very interesting, the only flaws he had is that he made a lot of noise while walking and he didn’t know how to hunt lol. He is not a Gary Stu though.

Quote:
Girl. Your dash. Introduce me to it. These days all I see on Livejournal and Twitter are people fangirling/geeking out about Game of Thrones (that's welcome) and Castle. And the occasional Vampire Diaries/Gossip Girls rants. I always have to go hunt down for Tom related things, they never comes from those I follow.
Really? It’s 50% Avengers on my dash right now. I’ve seen a lot of Castle lately too. And all the rest is GoT, lol.

Quote:
I'm not that big on superheroes movies, either. Actually, before last summer the only two franchises I gave a damn about were The X-Men and Batman.
But hey. As long as at least one Hulk movie doesn't suck as hard as Green Lantern did last year, I might be able to cope. GL set the bar low.
I didn’t even watch that one, the trailer looked bad enough . I love the X-Men franchise. Can't wait for X-Men First Class 2, I loved the first one.

Quote:
Something like that happened to me with Futurama. Futurama! There is more honor crying over a movie - find comfort in that.
There is this episode of Futurama where Fry, the protagonist who has woken up in the far future after an accidental criogenic sleep, wants to clone his old dog. After the usual comedy shenanigans, in the end he decides not to, saying that his dog must've forgotten about him when he never came back to pick him up (he left the dog at his work place, with his boss), and been happy with the life he had anyway.
And that's when the cartoon starts the music, cuts to flashback, and shows Fry's dog waiting for his owner outside his work place. For years, alone. And the last shot before the episode fades to black are the old dog's eyes closing, because he is dying.
So ashamed.
Awww But that’s so sad I think I’d have cried too, I haven’t seen that episode.

Quote:
At least I can say the Supernatural fandom prepared me for it.
lol. They ship siblings in that fandom too, right?

Quote:
Aww, my sweet Anna - she always supports me without any ulterior motive.

Quote:
I guess I'm a bit bipolar when it comes to crushes types. Blonde Viking one day, Sererus Snape the next.
lol me too. I don’t know what to answer when people ask me “what’s my type”.
We should add Alan Rickman and Alexander Skarsgard to our harem by the way

Quote:
Ten?! Oy.
Yes =( That is not enough.

Quote:
Because I have no idea what the frak he is doing.
I was one of the most supportive fans when he said he wanted to try movies. Afterall, it was now or never. That isn't working out because the only decent role he got was M:I 4 and it lasted 3 minutes, but I don't fault him for that. TV actors have it hard trying to score cinema roles, that's a given. Yet we don't hear... anything. He didn't say he was on a break, neither that he wouldn't do television at all.
I mean, if you can't score quality roles, then try to do a lot of small things here and there to stay on people's radar. I would take even parts in crappy movies, if we got at least 2-3 a year. The more you work, the more chances to hit a good project. And while I can even theorize that he couldn't score movie roles at all, why not even a few guest spots on TV. I can NOT believe there aren't shows willing to give him a short arc or guest spots. There was so much buzz when he signed for the Community cameo, and he was one of the Losties media were the most curious about when the series wrapped.
So, either he is happy with working very very little, maybe take an unofficial break to spend time with his family, or he has adopted the worst strategy every to handle his post Lost steps.
If it's the former, I wish he said something, like Liz did.

And it doesn't help that the only thing I have to look forward to when it comes to him is a breakdancing movie with a ridiculous title and starring Chris Brown.

My confusion and frustration are showing when I post on the Josh board, and while I wish I could be optimistic and try to keep the discussion light and positive, I'm not very good at that. So I get even more frustrated, feeling I'm also failing as mod.
Ok, I understand what you meant now. I can't believe they aren't offering him more roles though, I don't know him as well as you do, but I think he might be doing like Liz is doing now, taking an "unofficial break" to spend time with his family. I think he could choose better roles though, that breakdancing movie doesn't sound too good =/ That's weird. Maybe it's a combination of both factors. I'm sorry, I hope he gets cast in a good movie/tv show, it must be frustrating =( Poor Fran And don't think you're failing as a mod, you're a great mod It's normal to be confused and frustrated in this situation. And in your case it's not only Josh, it's Liz too =( It's hard to be optimistic when there's literally no news about them right now. I'm sure the other posters would understand it.

Quote:

Does she tweet herself or has an assistant taking care of it?
16 episodes in total isn't bad at all, almost a full season for you to enjoy.
She signs her tweets with ‘Mary’ (which I find hilarious), but I'm 99% sure she has an assistant typing for her. She really doesn’t know how to use electronical devices. Once she broke her phone trying to call Eddie at a convention. Now she has an iPhone and she only has to scream his name :’) I'm sure she only uses it to call/receive phone calls.
Yes! I'm looking forward to it

Quote:
That MC group promotional photo/banner looks great, btw!
(The show is listed in the Summer TV Shows poll - you must've already seen that, but just in case...)
Yes, I love that banner <3
Yes, I've seen that! But I haven't voted because I'm sure I'd be the only one It won't get a board here, lol.

Quote:
LOL! Is he a recurring or regular in Major Crime?
He is a regular. I don't even know what they will do with him, to be honest. I can't wait to know.

Quote:
I am! Between that, Thor 2, Captain America 2, and the Black Widow solo movie, I'll know how to keep my eyeballs busy for the next couple of years.
Wow, that’s a lot of movies!!!! That’s good, you’ll be entertained.

Quote:
Oh, and when it comes to Tom I also have a BBC mini-series coming out this summer, and two movies he will be filming before the end of the year to look forward to, in addition to Thor 2.
Wow, he must be really busy now. Well, don't complain then, you have a lot to look forward to! At least it will make the lack of Liz and Josh a little bit more bearable.

Quote:
I guess I just went over-dramatic on you because Josh and Liz remains my #1 darlings and they are fully in hiding.
Awww. No, but I totally understand you T__T

Quote:
Who cares if it's normal, it's great and extremely handy.
I'm good at getting used to new places. (Unless it involves camping and there aren't baths around. Forever my Achille's heel)
Yay, you too! I have no problems with camping though, lol. I've done it many times.

Quote:
I wish the next worldwide hit show is a Norwegian show. I want English speakers who access new shows online to experience the pain of subtitles at least once.
lol but they'd make a remake of it. Like they do with all the j-horror movies, The Killing, The Girl With The Dragoon Tattoo movies, etc. It's not because of the cultural differences (I thought it was because of that), apparently it's because they are too lazy to read subtitles! And I think they don't dub unless it's a cartoon (like anime shows).

Quote:
That dork extraordinaire.
That was in Rome, btw. I was so relieved the red carpet they set up here was a decent one.
That gif makes me laugh, lol. Oh, that was in Rome? Cool. Well, at least our countries don't ruin red carpets too

Quote:
And I repeat - I've never seen your dash, but I already like it.
You’d love my dash. He’s on it all day every day! I almost never see Niko but I see Tom every single day! I think I follow some ‘Loki’s Army’ girls

Quote:
Oh my. He is dirty and bloody AND there is a collar around his neck.
...And I find him hot.
I might be more disturbed than I thought.
You’re not the only one! I missed him so much and then he appeared looking like that and I drooled because he looks hot anyway. lol.

Quote:
Another gorgeous man gone from my screen. Le sigh.
:'(

Quote:
Sorry it took me forever to reply to everyone, the TV technician came over and had to pause typing twice (my region recently switched from analogic to digital and I completely forgot to buy decoders for our televisions, so we spent a week or so with all channels stuck on the static/noise effect )
Aww. Poor Fran. And you just switched from analogic to digital? We did that a couple of years ago! And I already thought we were late. We bought the decoders a week in advance or so though, lol.

Quote:
By the pictures I saw it doesn't look like it ruined her face, like Faye Dunaway (rip her beautiful face)
Oh yes, Faye Dunaway was so beautiful =( No, I'm not a fan of plastic surgery, but I think they did a decent job, everyone looks worse after having plastic surgery on their face.

Quote:
I've heard the same. I don't know, but I can easily see them doing that, like ending the season in the event that crushed my soul. I want to talk to you about it! Read fast!
Ok, I'm trying to read faster now. I read on my way to and from work and also before going to sleep. I think I know what is is, is it called The Red Wedding? Because I keep hearing about it! I think I know what happens to one character I love very much :''''''''''( That's also why I want to read all the books now, I keep getting spoiled without warning =(

Quote:
1) they are always great
THIS.

Quote:
Mine too. I'm a bit sick of it. It's the same scene over and over again.

Last edited by ~ayumi~; 05-17-2012 at 03:53 AM
Old 05-17-2012, 08:11 AM
Elite Fan

I just watched the Criminal Minds season finale with Tricia Helfer and I was thoroughly entertained. Tricia is always so great at playing bad guys. I know this is probably never going to happen, but I would love to see her play a villain in a big movie production. You can't go wrong with her.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 05-17-2012 at 03:44 PM
Old 05-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
like "Go On", but mostly out of loyalty for Matthew Perry), but I'm going into them without expectations or enthusiasm.
I said I was going to watch Mr. Sunshine for Matthew but never did, so I'm not saying I'll watch Go On. But I might try for him

Quote:
BAM, 20 minutes later she is dead.
I'm sorry but. well everybody's headcanon is Jess and Rory getting together in the Obama campaign right? I don't even like them but I think they end up together or would.

Quote:
And how are Mulder/Scully painful? No triangles, no random love interests, no lack of respect/betrayal from either of them... okay we got a pregnancy with some Jesus complex issues attached, but overall, that was a piece of cake.
Because of the show? Like everything hurts in that show. And season 8? This is Not Happening, helloooo? It wasn't painful 'oh they are screwing up the ship' but they were just suffering all the time and even in IWTB they are in pain.

Quote:
Oh, and I know I'm behind but I wouldn't count Jeff/Britta out of the game. Dan loves Britta, and also loves giving each and every possible pairing combination some action, from time to time.
It's Community, anything can happen but the amount of Jeff/Annie

Quote:
You like them, though, so that must've been nice.
Oh I'm not complaining!

Quote:
I dropped Castle in the middle of Season 1 so I never know what to say and just scroll past, lol. But at least I have nothing against it.
It gets much better but still not a show I would recommend. But if you watch everything else I recommend I would say you should try Castle.

Quote:
I swear I've never met someone who gets such a kick out of "converting" friends to their favorite obsessions.
omg, seriously, IT'S THE BEST FEELING EVER (caps necessary), I just like to spread the awesomeness. Also this week one RL friend asked me for XF episodes, another for Parks and another for TGW. afskjhgsiuekea

Quote:
I love the X-Men franchise. Can't wait for X-Men First Class 2, I loved the first one.
I love X-Men franchise so much! I was so obsessed with it between X2 and the third movie. But I've been so lazy I still haven't watched First Class. omg I even started to watch the cartoon back then but it aired when I was at school so I would VCR it I watched the first season so many times

Quote:
I think I know what is is, is it called The Red Wedding? Because I keep hearing about it! I think I know what happens to one character I love very much :''''''''''( That's also why I want to read all the books now, I keep getting spoiled without warning =(
Yes, the Red Wedding. You know, I thought I was spoiled about it but I had a completely different idea (until I started reading the book but won't say no more because kind of spoilers, idk)

Quote:
Mine too. I'm a bit sick of it. It's the same scene over and over again.
Well Castle and Beckett having sex.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I just watched the Criminal Minds season finale with Tricia Helfer and I was thoroughly entertained. Tricia is always so great at playing bad guys. I know this is probably never going to happen, but I would love to see her play a villain in a big movie production. You can't go wrong with her.
Awww I've only seen her in BSG, but she did a very good job in that show, she's a very good actress

Quote:
I love X-Men franchise so much! I was so obsessed with it between X2 and the third movie. But I've been so lazy I still haven't watched First Class. omg I even started to watch the cartoon back then but it aired when I was at school so I would VCR it I watched the first season so many times
Me too! I own the first three movies on DVD. I didn't like X3 that much, but I thought First Class was a very good movie! I have never watched the cartoons though.

Quote:
Yes, the Red Wedding. You know, I thought I was spoiled about it but I had a completely different idea (until I started reading the book but won't say no more because kind of spoilers, idk)
Ok. I am scared

Quote:
Well Castle and Beckett having sex.
Yes, I'm tired of that scene. I still see it every day on my dash, WTF.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:11 AM
Master Fan

I don't mind Castle and Beckett but you are right Anna they are everywhere. I put castle and every possible combination of castle/beckett under my tumblr savior for now!

Anna you should be scared of the red wedding, the night I read it I hade nigthmares but don't worry about it now, you are only reading the first book!

p.s Today I feel lucky because I don't watch any of the Shonda's shows. Half my dash is in pain!!

Last edited by ~Ross; 05-18-2012 at 02:22 AM