Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2012, 11:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
*blinks*

Age aside, weren't the two leads of the movie supposed to have met in school? Even if she started out when he was in his last year, things still don't compute.
I'll have to check out some recent pics - maybe she looks more mature than her age?
Yes, but maybe you're right and she really does look more mature than her age. Otherwise, I find it doubtful that she and Chris will be believable in their roles. However, this wouldn't be the first time that actors have been miscast.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hunted down some pics from this year and she doesn't look *that* young. She's only two years older than her more famous sisters, but doesn't have the same "baby face".
Still... no idea if I can picture her and Chris on screen together. And I'm afraid to check out her previous acting projects.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:39 AM
Elite Fan

What But she's 27 I don't think they will be believable, even if she looks older.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

I just found this in a blog entry on Orlando Sentinel. I don't know how reliable this site is, but it looks like Liz's break is over:

Quote:
Casey Anthony: Look who will play her in the TV movie

Turns out that Casey Anthony won’t have a big role in the Casey Anthony movie.

Speculation has raged about who might play “the most hated woman in America” in an upcoming Lifetime movie. Could it be Kristen Stewart, Alyssa Milano or Jennifer Love Hewitt?

The role wouldn’t be worth their time because it’s the inside story of the trial, not Anthony. Cast as Casey is a little-known actress, Holly Deveaux, who starred the Canadian series “Baxter.”

“Prosecuting Casey Anthony,” based on former prosecutor Jeff Ashton’s best-selling “Imperfect Justice,” starts shooting Tuesday. So the casting must be finalized quickly.

Alison Cross, the film’s writer, says there are three main roles: former prosecutor Ashton, defense attorney Jose Baez and prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick. Prosecutor Frank George will be featured as well, but the role hasn’t been cast.

Rob Lowe of “Brothers & Sisters” and “Parks and Recreation” plays Ashton. Lowe told TMZ: “It’s gonna be interesting … I think people are gonna dig it … great script.”

Ashton has said he was flattered by the casting. “I wish I had his boyish good looks,” Ashton said. “When I told my wife, she asked, So does that mean I’m married to Rob Lowe now?’ ”

Oscar Nunez will play Baez, Anthony’s defense attorney. Nunez, a Cuban-American actor-comedian, plays Oscar Martinez on “The Office.” His other credits include “The Proposal” and “24.”

“He did a fantastic audition that was so persuasive dramatically,” Cross said. She said she was “wowed” by Nunez’s “range and ability to channel Jose.”

Elizabeth Mitchell of “Lost” and “V” will play Burdick.

Anthony and her parents, George and Cindy, are secondary characters. Veteran actor Kevin Dunn of “Luck” will play George but Cindy hasn’t been cast yet.

Deveaux will be limited in what she can portray because all of Casey’s dialogue in the film comes from public records, Cross said. The movie will rely heavily on news footage to give the picture a documentary look, and it won’t use re-enactments of Anthony’s life, Cross said.

“It’s not our intention to make a movie that tries Casey Anthony for the third time,” Cross said. “She was tried in court and she was tried by public opinion.”

In July, Anthony was acquitted of murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

Geraldo Rivera revealed last week that he had declined to play himself in the film.

Cross said Rivera was asked to re-enact a clip from one of his interviews with Baez. The movie shows Ashton watching Rivera conducting a split-screen interview with Baez before the trial started. But that’s the only scene with Rivera, Cross said.

Filming is scheduled to run 20 days. “We have to go very fast because of Rob Lowe’s schedule. But it’s all fine,” Cross said.

Winnipeg stands in for Orlando, because it’s cheaper to film in Canada and the film is largely set indoors.

Casey Anthony: Look who will play her in the TV movie – The TV Guy – Orlando Sentinel

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 05-22-2012 at 04:29 PM
Old 05-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Alex!
A role in a Lifetime movie inspired by a real life trial isn't exactly the kind of project I was wishing for, but you nailed the most important info to take from this casting news (if confirmed): the break is over!
I remember seeing some headline about Rob Lowe's casting a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't bother to check out the details back then.
I don't have much experience with Lifetime movies - I've checked out (part of) "Taken from Me: The Tiffany Rubin Story" for Terry O'Quinn, "High Noon" with Emilie de Ravin, and "Five" for Josh - that's it. I recall "Taken from Me" scoring some buzz, mostly because of the female lead's performance, but I guess that's the exception and not the rule with these tv films.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I don't have much experience with Lifetime movies - I've checked out (part of) "Taken from Me: The Tiffany Rubin Story" for Terry O'Quinn, "High Noon" with Emilie de Ravin, and "Five" for Josh - that's it. I recall "Taken from Me" scoring some buzz, mostly because of the female lead's performance, but I guess that's the exception and not the rule with these tv films.
Yeah, that is definitely the exception to the rule. Most Lifetime movies don't seem to generate much buzz and tend to fly under the radar. But from what I've gathered, Lifetime movies are generally geared towards the female audience that likes romance and relationship stuff, which makes me wonder if the writers could possibly shoehorn a love triangle between the 3 lead prosecutors into the plotline. But at least Liz seems to finally be back and that's the most important thing.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 05-23-2012 at 02:39 AM
Old 05-23-2012, 12:25 AM
Elite Fan

OMG I'm so happy I might cry right now Thanks for the news! I hope it is true. A Lifetime movie isn't my cup of tea either, but at least we got something!
Old 05-23-2012, 07:21 AM
Elite Fan

This would be the second time that Liz and Rob Lowe are working together, right? I think they were both on The Lyon's Den many many years ago.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Master Fan

so happy to hear that Liz has a new project!
Old 05-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Elite Fan

It's confirmed:

Quote:
Elizabeth Mitchell joins Lifetime's Casey Anthony movie, Holly Deveaux to play Anthony

Lifetime's movie about the Casey Anthony trial has added a couple of familiar names to its cast -- along with one lesser-known actress playing Anthony herself.

Canadian actress Holly Deveaux will play Anthony in "Prosecuting Casey Anthony," the Orlando Sentinel reports. The movie is based on Anthony prosecutor Jeff Ashton's book "Imperfect Justice" and will star Rob Lowe as Ashton.

Elizabeth Mitchell ("Lost," "V") and Oscar Nunez ("The Office") have also signed on to the project, which begins filming next week and will air later in the year. Mitchell will play Linda Burdick, Ashton's fellow prosecutor, and Nunez will play defense attorney Jose Baez, who helped win his client's acquittal on the charge of murdering her daughter Caylee. (Casey Anthony was convicted of four counts of giving false statements to police.)

Deveaux starred in the Canadian comedy "Baxter" and has guest-starred on episodes of "Lost Girl," "Haven" and "Breakout Kings." She also had a role in TNT's movie "Silent Witness" last year.

Elizabeth Mitchell joins Lifetime's Casey Anthony movie, Holly Deveaux to play Anthony - From Inside the Box - Zap2it
Old 05-23-2012, 01:04 PM
Elite Fan

I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW
Old 05-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the confirmation!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Yeah, that is definitely the exception to the rule. Most Lifetime movies don't seem to generate much buzz and tend to fly under the radar. But from what I've gathered, Lifetime movies are generally geared towards the female audience that likes romance and relationship stuff, which makes me wonder if the writers could possibly shoehorn a love triangle between the 3 lead prosecutors into the plotline.
I don't know about the romantic aspect, but I sure expect a heavy dose of melodrama. I recall Lisa Edelstein filming a Lifetime movie that centered on a trial, too, and she played a prosecutor there as well, if I'm not mistaken.
I might have to look for it and check it out, get an idea of what Liz's film will look like. I'll report if I encounter some random romance plotline.
Quote:
But at least Liz seems to finally be back and that's the most important thing.
That's the real good news to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ayumi~ (View Post)
OMG I'm so happy I might cry right now Thanks for the news! I hope it is true. A Lifetime movie isn't my cup of tea either, but at least we got something!
You're making me feel ungrateful because I was hoping for something better for Liz for her return. I should be less greedy/snob.
Quote:
This would be the second time that Liz and Rob Lowe are working together, right? I think they were both on The Lyon's Den many many years ago.
That's right.

One of my random thoughs yesterday night when I first read the article was how Nanda wasn't going to be happy about this mini-reunion.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
One of my random thoughs yesterday night when I first read the article was how Nanda wasn't going to be happy about this mini-reunion.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooOOOOOooOOOOOOOoooooooooooO
OUT OF ALL THE PEOPLE IN HOLLYWOOD
WHY
WOULD
YOU
DO
THIS
TO
ME
worse than Glee

Okay so I was a liar. I wasn't okay with everything. A LIFETIME movie with ROB LOWE?
Old 05-23-2012, 06:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I don't know about the romantic aspect, but I sure expect a heavy dose of melodrama. I recall Lisa Edelstein filming a Lifetime movie that centered on a trial, too, and she played a prosecutor there as well, if I'm not mistaken.
I might have to look for it and check it out, get an idea of what Liz's film will look like. I'll report if I encounter some random romance plotline.
If not a love triangle, then I would definitely expect some focus on the prosecutors' melodramatic family lives.

Quote:
That's right.

God to know that my memory wasn't playing tricks on me.

Quote:
You're making me feel ungrateful because I was hoping for something better for Liz for her return. I should be less greedy/snob.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poehler-bear (View Post)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooOOOOOooOOOOOOOoooooooooooO
OUT OF ALL THE PEOPLE IN HOLLYWOOD
WHY
WOULD
YOU
DO
THIS
TO
ME
worse than Glee

Okay so I was a liar. I wasn't okay with everything. A LIFETIME movie with ROB LOWE?
Oh Nanda , Fran , I totally get that feeling. Please don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that Liz is finally working again, but I can't help feeling a sting of disappointment at the project she chose to do. Mainly, I think I simply fear the possible implications that a Lifetime movie could have at this point in her career. There is a certain stigma attached to actresses aged 40+ when they start to do Lifetime movies and it just immediately reminds me of what I thought when Kristin Davis was cast in one of those not too long ago and they sadly weren't positive thoughts. And reading that Lisa Edelstein has also filmed one not too long ago doesn't make me feel any easier about this, unfortunately.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 05-23-2012 at 06:09 PM
Old 05-23-2012, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Please don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that Liz is finally working again, but I can't help feeling a sting of disappointment at the project she chose to do. Mainly, I think I simply fear the possible implications that a Lifetime movie could have at this point in her career. There is a certain stigma attached to actresses aged 40+ when they start to do Lifetime movies
Exactly. She deserves better and she needs better. This probably won't get her anything new and good
(and why Rob Lowe, why)