Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2016, 12:02 PM
Elite Fan

Great news for German Liz-fans. While I was channel surfing, I stumbled upon a "V" promo on Pro7Maxx. Turns out, they're going to reair the whole series this summer. Starting on June 15, episodes will air Wednesdays at 8:15PM.
Old 06-25-2016, 03:01 AM
Extreme Fan

Probably my favorite thing about V. Two female protagonists. And their rivalry wasn't about men. It was about ideologies.

“You understand. To survive you must show no mercy. Be void of any humanity. Just like me.”

“I am nothing like you."

x

Old 07-19-2016, 06:26 PM
Elite Fan

I just found this gifset from an old interview:

Source

What do you guys think? Would Erica defeat Juliet and Rachel or would one of the other ladies come out on top?
Old 11-22-2016, 05:46 PM
Elite Fan

For anyone that's interested, the first season of "V" is now available for streaming on CW Seed
Old 11-22-2016, 09:36 PM
Master Fan

^The second season is available as well, and it's only available for people in the US.
Old 11-23-2016, 05:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightYears (View Post)
^The second season is available as well, and it's only available for people in the US.
That's good to know. Thanks.
Old 11-29-2016, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

While I was browsing Entertainment Weekly's official website, I found this list:

Quote:
Canceled TV Shows That Ended on Major Cliffhangers

V

The alien occupation drama lasted two seasons before getting axed. In its series finale, Erica (Elizabeth Mitchell) manages to escape the release of the Bliss, the Visitor Queen Anna’s (Morena Baccarin) special telepathic ability to mind-control the masses, only to leave the bunker at the end of the episode to find that everyone above ground has been pacified, and that more alien motherships are on their way. Like The Event, V ended with a promise of an epic war between the underground humans and the Visitors, but that never made it to the screen. —Shirley Li

Source
Old 11-30-2016, 06:11 PM
Elite Fan

Apparently, there will be a new "V" book out next spring:

Quote:
A book about the "V" franchise called "Fascist Lizards from Outer Space" is being released in the spring. It will feature interviews from cast members including creator Kenneth Johnson and reboot showrunner Scott Rosenbaum, Robert Englund, Faye Grant, Michael Wright, and Jane Badler.

Here is the book's official description:

When Kenneth Johnson's science fiction miniseries V premiered in 1983, it netted more than 40 percent of the television viewing audience and went on to spawn a sequel, a weekly series, novelizations, comic books and a remake. Entertainment Weekly named the show one of the 10 best miniseries of all time and the franchise continues to enjoy ardent fan support at science fiction conventions around the world. Yet the 2009 V reboot was cancelled in its second season, despite a robust premiere.
At first impression the original two-part alien invasion epic may seem a mishmash of science fiction clichés. Yet behind the laser pistols, anthropomorphic reptiles and flying saucers lies a compelling treatise on the nature of power, oppression and resistance, inspired by both classic literature and historical events. Featuring exclusive interviews with cast and crew, this book examines V's cultural impact and considers the future of the franchise.

Source
I think everyone around here probably knows how I feel about SR as a writer/producer, but maybe he'll divulge some interesting BTS-info in this book.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 12-02-2016 at 12:19 PM
Old 05-27-2017, 12:54 AM
Master Fan

Fascist Lizards from Outer Space: The Politics, Literary Influences and Cultural History of Kenneth Johnson's V

Here's the link to the book.

20 TV Reboots That Never Should Have Happened

V is mentioned at the bottom of the list. Perhaps they needed better writers, but saying it never should have happened is a bit much.

Last edited by LightYears; 05-27-2017 at 12:27 PM
Old 05-27-2017, 07:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightYears (View Post)
Fascist Lizards from Outer Space: The Politics, Literary Influences and Cultural History of Kenneth Johnson's V

Here's the link to the book.

20 TV Reboots That Never Should Have Happened

V is mentioned at the bottom of the list. Perhaps they needed better writers, but saying it never should have happened is a bit much.
Thanks for the book link and the list even if it's not a nice one to be on, again. For what it's worth, I think "V" was worth rebooting and I still maintain it could have worked if they had continued to follow the BSG formula, but there were simply too many cooks in the kitchen. ABC started to interfere with the creative direction of the show as soon as it went into production, which led to several production shutdowns and showrunner changes. From what I've heard, "V" wasn't the first nor the last ABC show this has happened to. Former hit show Revenge ultimately suffered a similar fate (it's creator left the show over creative differences during season 2, but the series was lucky enough to last 2 more years after that) and Mark Hildreth's follow-up series Resurrection was supposedly noted to death by ABC brass as well. Hopefully, if anyone ever decides to try their hand at another "V" remake, they will do so on cable or backed by a streaming service. It's chances for success should be a lot higher then.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 06-04-2017 at 06:20 PM