Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2015, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
You know what I noticed while clicking through the gallery? Of all the shows listed, "V" was just about the only one (I think there may have been one more, but I'm not sure) that had a person associated with it clamoring for it. All the other shows were being supported by random people in the industry.
I'm pretty sure TVLine included V at all just because they love the people in the cast, but finding somebody out there ready to come to the show's defence was a whole other story.
Old 08-23-2015, 01:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
I'm pretty sure TVLine included V at all just because they love the people in the cast, but finding somebody out there ready to come to the show's defence was a whole other story.
Probably. I actually wouldn't be completely opposed to another "V" reboot as long as they started from scratch, but after the failure of the 2009 version, I don't think any network would touch this franchise with a ten-foot pole.
Old 08-23-2015, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Probably. I actually wouldn't be completely opposed to another "V" reboot as long as they started from scratch, but after the failure of the 2009 version, I don't think any network would touch this franchise with a ten-foot pole.
You never know - they seem to have plans to reboot anything and everything these days. But perhaps too little time has passed since the cancellation of the first remake.

...Third time's the charm?
Old 08-25-2015, 12:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
You never know - they seem to have plans to reboot anything and everything these days. But perhaps too little time has passed since the cancellation of the first remake.

...Third time's the charm?
Yeah, that's true. I have heard that the creator of the original "V" miniseries has been trying to get a "V" movie made for the longest time, but to no avail. The failure of the remake probably hasn't made his job any easier. IMO, a lot of time would have to pass before this franchise is given another shot in any medium.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

I fear that if he got a movie deal right now, he would score something made for SyFy and Ian Ziering in the main cast.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:08 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I fear that if he got a movie deal right now, he would score something made for SyFy and Ian Ziering in the main cast.
Probably.

The El-Rey network has acquired the rights to the original "V" miniseries and the "V" remake:

Quote:
El Rey Network to Air Episodes of FREDDY’S NIGHTMARES, THE TWILIGHT ZONE, CONSTANTINE & More

Robert Rodriguez's El Rey Network continues to cement itself as a go-to hub of genre entertainment. Today the channel announced that it has acquired the rights to air episodes of Freddy's Nightmares, The Twilight Zone, Night Visions, Constantine, and more:

Press Release: Austin, TX (October 1, 2015) - El Rey Network, the 24-hour English-language cable network founded by filmmaker Robert Rodriguez, has finalized an acquisition deal with Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution to license the exclusive off-network cable rights for all episodes of the popular series, "Constantine," and "Almost Human," which will make their basic cable debuts beginning November 2015. Also under this multi-year agreement, El Rey Network will acquire several additional high-profile properties rolling out in 2015 and 2016. This includes the basic cable premiere of "Human Target," plus "V: The Series," "Mortal Kombat: Conquest," "Freddy's Nightmares," "The Twilight Zone," "V Miniseries" and "Night Visions."

"We are proud to have these extremely popular titles make their off network cable debuts on El Rey Network," added Robert Rodriguez, Founder and Chairman, El Rey Network. "This is the kind of distinctive, action packed content that viewers have come to expect on our air and these franchises will be the perfect compliment to our existing line-up of iconic and thrilling originals and acquisitions." Financial terms were not disclosed.

Detailed information on El Rey Network's acquired series is listed below:

LICENSED SERIES:

- V Miniseries(Premieres in 2016)

"V" is a two-part science fiction television miniseries, written and directed by Kenneth Johnson. First shown in 1983, it initiated the science fiction franchise concerning aliens known as "The Visitors" trying to gain control of Earth, and of the ways the populace reacts to this.

- V: The Series(Premieres in 2016)

A remake of the 1983 miniseries created by Kenneth Johnson, the new series chronicles the arrival on Earth of a technologically advanced alien species which ostensibly comes in peace, but actually has sinister motives. V stars Morena Baccarin, Lourdes Benedicto, Morris Chestnut, Joel Gretsch, Logan Huffman, Charles Mesure, Elizabeth Mitchell, Laura Vandervoort, and Scott Wolf.

Source

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 01-29-2016 at 04:01 PM
Old 10-02-2015, 09:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the news.

You know, if this series has had some high peaks of campiness the way the original did, I might have ended up being more generous in my comments about it. I think one issue that soured my feelings toward it even more was how the show often took itself too seriously without delivering on the quality of drama they tried to achieve with all those twists and turns.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
You know, if this series has had some high peaks of campiness the way the original did, I might have ended up being more generous in my comments about it. I think one issue that soured my feelings toward it even more was how the show often took itself too seriously without delivering on the quality of drama they tried to achieve with all those twists and turns.
That was one of my issues, too. As time went on, the show's plots became more and more outlandish. In general, there's nothing wrong with that as long as you get a sense that everything's meant to be tongue-in-cheek, but instead, the show was completely humorless and it seemed as if some people behind the scenes thought they were writing an Emmy-worthy series. I know they did try to light it up some with the introduction of Sidney, but as likeable as Bret Harrison may have been in the role, the character simply never really worked because he didn't have anyone to play off of.
Old 10-18-2015, 02:16 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for all the news!
Old 11-22-2015, 08:40 PM
Elite Fan

Say what you will about the quality of this show, but some of it's promo material (posters, DVD artwork) looked really, really good:

Source

Old 11-24-2015, 12:17 PM
MST Manager

Great art!
Old 01-11-2016, 05:34 PM
Elite Fan

This edit looks very nice, too:

Source

Old 01-15-2016, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

The promotional material was cool, indeed. It was so exciting to see Elizabeth front and center in most of it, too.
If only we could go back and put the series into different hands after that very nice pilot.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The promotional material was cool, indeed. It was so exciting to see Elizabeth front and center in most of it, too.
If only we could go back and put the series into different hands after that very nice pilot.
Sigh, so much word to this. The V pilot wasn't perfect by any means, but it was a good introduction into the story and left me wanting more, which is more than I can say for Revolution. As much as I blame SR for the demise of this series, I think the biggest culprit was actually ABC because they were the reason why SR was hired in the first place. I'm not saying that Bell and Peters were infallible and would have produced Emmy-worthy scripts, but who knows how the story would have developed if ABC hadn't meddled right from the word go.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:55 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I never got a chance to watch this show. I have it in my Netflix queue and hopefully will get to it one day.

Since it got cancelled so prematurely it probably won't be soon though. I hate it when I get in to a show just to have it cancelled way too soon