Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2011, 12:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally88 (View Post)
Ohhh yay!!!!

I think Anna Torv will win this year since she got to play two different characters etc.. but I really hope Liz will win! Just a question, is she nominated for this season of V or the first? Because LOST is nominated,too and it aired last year!
It should be for the second half of season 1. The eligibility period for TV nominations was January 1 - December 31, 2010.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Alex!!
Old 02-25-2011, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hooray for the Saturn Award nomination!
I, too, think Anna Torv is the most likely candidate to win, but these awards are unpredictable, so... fingers crossed.

Last edited by Hawthorn; 02-27-2011 at 10:05 AM
Old 02-25-2011, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Catching up ...

Alot of good discussion and points being made all around. On the Liz/Chris front, I really don't have much left to say that hasn't been said. Obviously, it is whatever it is and I hope that if there was a split, it was mutual and there wasn't any kind of extramarital affair taking place. Of course, I always root for the family to remain intact too if at all possible , so if there was some kind of indiscretion and this was a passing thing with Charles - I certainly don't approve of the decision, but I'm all for forgiveness if Liz wanted it and would hope for the best if she and Chris ever wanted to reconcile in the future.

As for the nominations, I'm really happy for Liz. That would be cool for her to win but I also wouldn't mind if Anna Torv from Fringe won.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:02 AM
Elite Fan

If Liz has to lose to someone I hope it's Anna Torv. Anna has been amazing on Fringe ever since they introduced the concept of the 2 universes.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:52 AM
Master Fan

I don't understand why they put Sarah Wayne Callies in that category! I thought she was a supporter! She has no chance to win there.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:36 AM
Elite Fan

Probably because she plays the main female character in The Walking Dead.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:13 AM
Elite Fan

SVU photos & report + About V renewal

Quote:
Elizabeth is in her trailer and the PA leaves her. I walk by and there she is standing by her wide open trailer door, checking her cellphone. I call out her name and ask if it’s okay if I had a picture taken with her and she said sure. I congratulate her on V’s success and ask if they will be renewed. She said the ratings have improved considerably but they won’t know about the renewal until about 2 weeks from now. She seems pretty nervous being around me…so I left her alone after I took a picture with her. Very gracious, sweet and nice though. I really was on a high…still am actually! Thank you for making that meeting possible.

Source
Old 02-26-2011, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
If Liz has to lose to someone I hope it's Anna Torv. Anna has been amazing on Fringe ever since they introduced the concept of the 2 universes.
Agreed. She's been doing some amazing work - the dual role really allowed her to branch out more as an actress.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Agreed. She's been doing some amazing work - the dual role really allowed her to branch out more as an actress.
I wasn't all that convinced by Anna Torv's acting when the show first started out. but she's been truly knocking it out of the park this season. I hope that if Fringe doesn't get renewed, she won't be without a job for too long and the same goes for all the other main cast members on the show.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think Fringe started out giving much great material to work with to Anna, but I feel like she grew in the role and did an excellent job with it, much like the show evolved from its "procedural" phase into something much more complex.

Thanks for the SVU report!

I'm no good with these kind of guesses - what chances does V have to get renowed if the ratings stay consistent on the 1.9 level? I guess they expect a push for the finale, though.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:40 AM
Master Fan

Considering that other 2 or 3 shows of ABC are doing worse than V maybe we have some chances!

I was talking about this on the Jack/Erica thread, the fact that she said we'll know in two weeks worries me because usually ABC confirms renew/cancellation in May. If Abc has already decided I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

In two weeks - if there is a certain goal to reach, I guess she meant to say after seeing the ratings of the last few episodes of the season they'll know if it's a go or a stop for S3?
Old 02-27-2011, 11:19 AM
Master Fan

It could be Fran
Well, I hope V gets renewed but I'm not sure 1.9 is enough! But as I said ABC has other shows that do worse than V
Old 02-27-2011, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

I guess it depends on what ABC expectations for S2 were. They fact that they cut 3 episodes suggests they weren't hoping for any miracolous raise in the ratings, and the fact that some of their shows do worse is a good thing for V, but there is also the possibility ABC would rather take their chances with a new product owned by the network. There are a lot of variables and I don't really know which one could be the deciding factor.