Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2015, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Liz looks good!

And I've lost count of how many episodes I'm behind.
Hopefully after this week-end I'll have more time to catch up with all fandom things.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:06 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the great gifs.

I hope you get time to do that, Fran.
Old 11-22-2015, 04:09 PM
Elite Fan

This fan art looks very nice:

Source

Old 11-22-2015, 11:11 PM
MST Manager

Awesome, thanks.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:41 PM
Elite Fan

^ You're welcome.

I have found a short interview with German actor Tom Wlaschiha, who plays Berger on the show. In it, he talks a bit about the Berger/Carine dynamic and what it's like to work with Liz and Goran:

Quote:
What are Sebastian’s main conflicts in the show?

Sebastian's method of work has not always been perfect. He got into a lot of trouble in the first two seasons when he tried to enter classified information. In Season 3, a new leader is introduced to the team, Carine Strand (played by Elizabeth Mitchell). From the beginning, she makes it clear that she will not tolerate any unnecessary trouble that will jeopardise the work of the team. Right at the beginning of the season, Sebastian gets into some conflicts with Carine and Luke. The conflict is caused by Sebastian hacking both Carine and Luke’s phone. Even though there was no actual reason for this, Carine, Luke and Dorn are unimpressed with Sebastian’s actions.

What’s like to work with Goran Visnjic and Elizabeth Mitchell?

It has been absolutely great. They are both legendary actors. I had worked with Goran a few years ago and they're both great colleagues. It's always nice if you have people on set with no egos and both of them are really amazing in that way.

Source
Old 11-24-2015, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks!

It's always nice to hear people mention how professional and down to earth Liz is.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:05 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the article, Alex.
Old 11-25-2015, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

I haven't seen this show. Yet. Didn't know about it actually. Maybe I'll start after my binge-watch of How to Get Away with Murder.
Old 11-26-2015, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ I didn't know this show existed until Elizabeth was cast in it, either.
There are too many tv shows and movies to keep track of all of them. @_@

Have you already started watching HTGAWM? Do you like it? It was in my list of programs to check out (before real life ate all my free time, but the hope is to get around to watch at least part of it, eventually).
Old 11-28-2015, 09:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR_Roxy (View Post)
I haven't seen this show. Yet. Didn't know about it actually. Maybe I'll start after my binge-watch of How to Get Away with Murder.
I had never heard of this show before Elizabeth's casting, either. If you do decide to give it a shot, don't expect too much from it. Crossing Lines is a nice show to watch if you have an hour to spare on Thursday evenings, but it's pretty much a run of the mill NCIS or CSI knockoff - only with European locations.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Do they at least make a good use of that point? I mean, do you get a sense that the features of different countries and the different characters' nationalities get a big focus?
Old 12-01-2015, 04:46 PM
New Fan

Up to 3x05. Liz's character continues to be a big disappointment to me. She's by far the member who has the least interesting things to do in the team. Even when she appears more, she's still at best a supporting character in the Marco Show. She revolves almost entirely around his character arc. Even when she brings up an important point about her past, it's only being brought up in relation to his current situation, and it's very possible that it will never be brought up again. There is still no real insight into who she really is.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
Do they at least make a good use of that point? I mean, do you get a sense that the features of different countries and the different characters' nationalities get a big focus?
Keep in mind that I haven't watched many episodes of the show yet, but at this point I would have to say no. While the characters take on a case in a different country each episode, it doesn't really offer much outside of some very lovely on-location shots, The show's writers never seems to explore the differences of each countries justice system nor do they delve into any of the laws of the EU. It doesn't look much better on the character front, either. Berger has a son but for some reason, they always seem to communicate in English and with Carine, I basically only know that she's supposed to be Swedish from a press release. You would never guess that from watching the show.
Old 12-09-2015, 03:05 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Keep in mind that I haven't watched many episodes of the show yet, but at this point I would have to say no. While the characters take on a case in a different country each episode, it doesn't really offer much outside of some very lovely on-location shots, The show's writers never seems to explore the differences of each countries justice system nor do they delve into any of the laws of the EU. It doesn't look much better on the character front, either. Berger has a son but for some reason, they always seem to communicate in English and with Carine, I basically only know that she's supposed to be Swedish from a press release. You would never guess that from watching the show.
That's a shame. One of my favourite shows is The Bridge. It has a combination of Danish and Swedish speakers with English subtitles. Actually they are American English subtitles. Crossing Lines could have been like that.
Old 12-11-2015, 05:47 PM
Elite Fan

I watched episodes 6 and 7 yesterday. Sadly, not much going on in terms of character development for Liz's character, but the writers are finally using the ensemble to it's full capacity. All characters have an equal part to play in the episodes, now. Oh, and we did find out that Carine has an interest in cars. I know it isn't much, but at this point, I'm happy for the little things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulieter (View Post)
That's a shame. One of my favourite shows is The Bridge. It has a combination of Danish and Swedish speakers with English subtitles. Actually they are American English subtitles. Crossing Lines could have been like that.
I've only ever seen the remake of the The Bridge, but I agree. It would have been nice if Crossing Lines was more like that show.

I have found a new gif set:

Elizabeth + sunglasses

Source