Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2015, 06:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
I think there is even a fifth episode out by now, but I haven't had the chance to check out any of them yet, either.
5 episodes already!? Geez, ...

EMFC has posted a translation of a new interview with Goran. In it, he talks about the relationship between Carine and Marco:

Quote:
Please tell us a little bit about the relationship between Marco and the character played by Elizabeth Mitchell. It seems that there is strong tension between you two?

You have to build tension! They used to say that it is boring to play characters who all get along. It is more interesting to play characters with conflicts. Carine (the character played by Elizabeth) and Marco always argue – they have their good and bad days. Carine once worked for Michel Dorn in the ICC as one of the best investigators. Now she got promoted to leader of a special unit. It’s one of those people who do not have much privacy. She works 24 hours a day. Nothing came easy for her in life, so she must really work hard to achieve something.

Source
Old 10-20-2015, 09:55 PM
MST Manager

Thanks Alex!
Old 10-26-2015, 06:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balian (View Post)
I saw the double episode in english, and though it was not horrible I didn't find it very good.

It could be me but, though the plot was not complicated it was kind of hard to follow, particularly in the second part. The pace felt quite rushed with a lot of talking and cuts and ellipses and jumping around between different places (though justified as it is the premise of the show). Also in the first part,

Spoiler:

Overall I make it looks worse than it is, it was still pleasant to watch but they'll have to step up their game to make it interesting.
I finally finished the first 2 episodes and I'm in agreement with most of your issues. I, too, was disappointed in the writing for Liz's character. We were given some pieces of information on the background of most of the show's characters, but there was nothing on Carine. Hopefully, that's going to change in future episodes. I also thought the episode was sloppily put together in terms of continuity. I know this is a minor thing, but the clothes of the characters would change in ways that didn't make sense from scene to scene and it took me out of the action a couple of times.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:31 AM
Elite Fan

According to tbvision.com, Netflix has picked up the rights to season 3 of Crossing Lines:

Quote:
One of the few international hit procedurals not hailing from the US is Crossing Lines (top), which came out of Germany-based Tandem Productions, now part of the StudioCanal group. The series has sold well around the world and, defying the logic that SVOD platforms want only binge-friendly serialised drama, all three seasons of the show have been sold to Netflix.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:28 AM
MST Manager

That's great news.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:11 AM
Elite Fan

Ok, turns out that regular Sat.1 does air season 3 of Crossing Lines after all. I stumbled upon a new episode by accident last night. It dealt with the murder of a very famous Italian lawyer/judge and we finally found out how the amulet is connected to the disappearance of Marco's sister. As far as Liz's character goes, I was disappointed with the way she was used in this episode. She had one good scene with Donald Sutherland's character right at the end of the ep, but other than that, she was a non-factor, unfortunately.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:36 AM
MST Manager

I hope Liz is used better in other episodes.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulieter (View Post)
I hope Liz is used better in other episodes.
I hope so too.

I have looked up Crossing Lines season 3 ratings today. Considering that Sat.1 is one of the networks funding the show, I thought it would be interesting to know how the series fares on it.

3x01: 1.64 million total viewers (market share: 8.0%) and 730.000 among viewers aged 14-49 (market share: 9.3%).

3x02: 1.68 million total viewers and a market share of 7.4% among viewers aged 14-49.

3x03: 1.50 million total viewers (market share: 6,4%) and 580.000 among viewers aged 14-49 (market share: 6.6%).

By comparison, Crossing Lines' ratings average for season 2 looked like this:

1.84 million total viewers (market share: 8.9%) and 750.000 among viewers aged 14-49 (market share: 9.1%).
Old 11-09-2015, 05:54 PM
Elite Fan

I watched another episode today - this time via online stream. The episode dealt with the death of a bus driver and a student of a prestigious European school during a hostage situation. What I liked about the ep was that it gave the Ellie character a chance to go out in the field and open up a bit about her past. Detective Seeger and Detective Wilkinson continue to develop a nice partnership, but Goran Visnjic's character is the obvious MVP of the show so far. Marco is by far the most developed character and the most featured. Not only does he have a big storyline of his own (the missing sister arc), but he also gets to be part of most action sequences and his character seems to be most adept at solving the cases. Sadly, Liz's character continues to underwhelm me. Maybe my expectations were too high coming into this show, but considering that she's the leader of the unit, I would have thought that she would get more screentime than she has up until this point. She did have 1 good scene where Carine got 2 of the conspirators to admit that they gave a gun to the perpetrator, which turned out to be a different gun from the one found at the scene, so there was that at least.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 11-10-2015 at 07:29 PM
Old 11-10-2015, 04:42 PM
New Fan

That's the only other episode I saw so far. Agree with everything you said. I did like the episode better, but damn it so few Liz has killed my interest in watching the rest.
Even the less important guest actors had more screentime than her.
Old 11-11-2015, 03:16 AM
MST Manager

That's a shame! I suppose being a leader means less action because she has to tell other people to do things.
Old 11-11-2015, 04:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balian (View Post)
That's the only other episode I saw so far. Agree with everything you said. I did like the episode better, but damn it so few Liz has killed my interest in watching the rest.
Even the less important guest actors had more screentime than her.
Liz's lack of screentime has been very frustrating so far, but hang in there. I watched 3x05 today and it was the best of the bunch yet. The twist with the killer was fairly well done, the ensemble was used well and the writers are starting to delve more into the characters. But most importantly, Liz's character was finally prominently featured. I enjoyed the scenes with Carine and Marco tremendously and we learn of a very incisive event in Carine's past.

After 3x04, I also suspect that Carine ordered Berger to tell Marco that he hit a dead end concerning the investigation of his sister's disappearance. If that's true, I don't think Marco will be all too happy when he finds out...

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 11-11-2015 at 04:44 PM
Old 11-11-2015, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

I feel like a very bad fan because between the premise of the show and my lack of free time recently, my interest in checking out the show is almost non-existent.
But it's nice to hear that things start picking up for Liz's character after the first handful of episodes.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:25 PM
MST Manager

That's great news, Alex!
Old 11-20-2015, 06:36 PM
Elite Fan

This is a lovely looking gif set:

Source