Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-19-2009, 12:17 AM
Passionate Fan

that video was so cute!!!
Old 09-19-2009, 03:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Jen I'll read it later. Need to finish my work first.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:07 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the interview!
I love you
meghan
Old 09-19-2009, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Disclaimer: Darn my PC, audio's not working. So please be careful, there might be some mild spoilers...

Quote:
Kevin Williamson talks 'Vampire Diaries,' Ian Somerhalder, making a pilot & more

The CW's newest hit, "The Vampire Diaries," debuted to 4.9 million viewers last week, making it the highest rated premiere in the network's history... but still, I know there are a few of you who haven't yet seen it.

The second episode airs this evening at 8 p.m. and I encourage you to give it a shot. A couple days ago, I sat down with executive producer, Kevin Williamson -- best known as the man behind "Dawson's Creek" and the "Scream" movies -- to talk about doing a vampire series, making the pilot, moving forward and more.

You can watch the first five minutes of our chat here, though the full vodcast will be available on iTunes in about a week.

My apologies for the shoddy video quality, not to mention the 30 seconds where the lights seem to go out and Justin Long shows up, but I think the audio is decent and Kevin is just a cool guy, so it's fun to listen to him.

Plus, he's talking about the chemistry between co-lead, Ian Somerhalder (of "Lost" fame), and newcomer Candice Accola. Actually to hear more on that, please read my interview with sir Ian.

source
Old 09-20-2009, 12:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for that Gay, i'll watch it later
Old 09-20-2009, 12:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No problem dear.

Anyone seen any links to the entire Tyra Interview yet?
Old 09-20-2009, 12:39 AM
Elite Fan

I remember some people talking about new group shots, but I haven't found them yet?

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
Old 09-21-2009, 01:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

New group shots? Now where are those?

News.

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: The Vampire Diaries' Head Makeup Artist Spills Secrets from the Set!

As fans count down the hours to tonight’s hotly anticipated second episode of The Vampire Diaries, RadarOnline.com has unearthed some juicy secrets from the set, including details from upcoming episodes! In an exclusive interview, lead makeup artist Beverly Jo Pryor tells RadarOnline.com that working with the show’s lead actors is nothing short of a pleasure.

“Nina [Dobrev], Paul [Wesley] and Ian [Somerhalder] are so excited to be part of this project,” she said. “When I get them in the makeup trailer, they interact like family, they’ve bonded really well.”

To get into “Vamp Mode”, as Pryor calls it, Somerhalder and Wesley must endure a painstaking makeup process including prosthetics, contact lenses and specially fitted fangs, which are created from a mold taken of the individual actors teeth. Then there’s airbrushing and a special effects team, which put the finishing touches on their scary transformation using visual effects.

“There are special appliances used for the gore, the bites, all the different stages of attacks. Sometimes fake necks are used as well.”

With so much comparison to Twilight and True Blood, Pryor says it’s The Vampire Diaries storyline that makes it stand out.

“I like the comraderie between the two brothers, Stefan and Damon,” she told RadarOnline.com. “They were made vampires during the Italian Rennaissance and were chasing the same girl, a vampire named Katherine. That love triangle carried in to the present day when Stefan falls in love with Elena (Dobrev), who coincidentally looks just like Katherine.”

There’s nothing like a good on-screen love triangle, but does Pryor predict any real-life romance happening on set?

“Nina is so adorable and lovely, and Paul and Ian are both very handsome men,” she laughs. “She definitely has a blast every day but so far, they’re like family. But you never know! The show is young!”

source
Old 09-21-2009, 03:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

I watched the Tyra Interview.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:29 AM
Elite Fan

Gay They have them up

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
Old 09-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new group shots. How can you have so much hotness in the same room.

Icon by Fiona
Old 09-21-2009, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_zelda (View Post)
Gay They have them up
Thanks Lynn

Jen Did you watch the entire interview?
Old 09-21-2009, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Love the ratings news!
ღღღ
Old 09-21-2009, 08:08 PM
Master Fan

Oh yay! I was hoping the full interview with Ian would pop up.
I love you
meghan
Old 09-21-2009, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Gay, i thought that WAS the entire interview. It's cute when he talks about his GF.

TV Guide Magazine has a super-brief PaleyFest red carpet talk with Kevin and Julie, but they do reveal something quite interesting: more than one love triangle brewing? Vampire Diaries talk starts at 2:25.

And a freelancer has a brief interview with Kayla that apparently appeared or is set to appear in H Monthly LA:

Quote:
Vicki plays an important role at the end of the first episode, what should we expect to see from her?

There is so much that is going to happen to Vicki, it’s exciting! I got the second script and I was like wow, they really expect a lot from me, it’s great!

As the show progresses you start to see the humanity and feel sorry for her, and pity her. There are so many moments of vulnerability and her family life is explored. She has no girlfriends, I never have scenes with the girls in the cast it’s always with the men! Vicki only knows guys and sleeps with them!