Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2009, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode of the season,I cried my eyes out when Vicki died
Elena can be very dumb playing bold around vampires,what the hell does she think?
My heart skipped a beat when Damon offered to help Elena with Jeremy.
The porch scene
Poor Jer He was a mess
Bring on next episode!
Old 10-30-2009, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Best ep by far. Everyone was great
I was never a big fan of Vicki so not to sad to see her die, but poor Jeremy and Matt.
Loved Stefan in this ep, tryin to keep Vicki safe and ended up killing her
Elena what is she thinking around a very hungry Vampire
Loved the little scene Damon and Bonnie had, the lookon his face when he got burned.
Needed more Caroline in the ep
Next week looks good
Old 10-30-2009, 02:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Loved it! I think it was a good call to kill Vicki. It was to hard for her to become a good vampire and we need to see more of the other characters. I loved the ending, how Damon helped out when he says he doesn't care. I felt to bad for Jeremy though, but forgetting what happened is better than knowing. It's gonna be so sad for Matt next week... Elena and Stefan need to get back together. Are they? I hope we see more Caroline next week. I loved Bonnie and her scenes, especially with Damon. But I need more, it was to short! lol
Overall great episode
Old 10-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Elena can be very dumb playing bold around vampires,what the hell does she think?
I think that's where she resembles book!Elena a lot: She thinks that when she says something, everybody will listen to her.

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
Old 10-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Elite Fan

Love the episode!

I agree with having more Bonnie, but not more Caroline. When I read that a female was going to die, I hope it was Caroline. I wasn't a big fan of Vicki but she was getting really interesting and had potential. Caroline is a cliché and she bores me to tears.

Love the Damon/Bonnie scene. More of that please!

Both Stefan and Damon were great in this episode. I love both characters, they bring different things to the show and that's why I love the most about them. This shows needs both.

I really liked when Stefan metioned he killed people before. I hope they show something in the future! The porch scene was so heartbreaking, PW was awesome.

Damon helped Elena because he cares about her. He pretends that he doesn't care about anyone or anything and that's not completly true. He obviously cares about Stefan and Elena. We saw proof of that in the last two episodes.

I felt so bad for Jeremy. I love the character and I hope they do something good with him. Now that Vicki died I don't want him to fade in the background.

Elena telling Jeremy it was a bad idea to keep seeing Vicki and letting people go....she was trying to convince herself of that too. I loved it so much when she said she had feelings for Stefan and she didn't want to forget that They need to get back together soon!
Old 10-30-2009, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

YouTube - Vampire Diaries - "Candels" Episode 8 trailer
Extended promo!

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 10-30-2009, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

^Thanks for posting the link
Old 10-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

No problem!

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 10-30-2009, 10:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

I was disappointed Vicki's vampire transformation and fatality storyline was too rapid. Her seemingly lifeless body was intact, not burnt to ashes. I wondered if that meant it still left room for her later speedy revival.

Matt stirred my sympathy. When Elena lied to him anent Vicki's story, I felt sad for him. Maybe he would never know the truth and still went on the prowl hoping to find her. Matt and Vicki, as bro-sis, gave mutual support and inspiration to each other in the past. It's sad he lost his sibling ignorant of the cause of her death.

I like Stefan started as a protective/patient lecturer and ended purely out of defensiveness/protection for Elena to do the last ting he wanted to do, to kill people. His eyes clouded over with sadness/grief.

I expected a scene Damon wiped Jeremy's memories.
&credit: notfadedaway_lj & {Cecilia}
Evermore & AHVIII & Spuffy & Forwood & Freffy
Old 10-31-2009, 06:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I like Stefan started as a protective/patient lecturer and ended purely out of defensiveness/protection for Elena to do the last ting he wanted to do, to kill people. His eyes clouded over with sadness/grief.
THIS! I really felt like PW owned the episode the other night. While I don't think Elena did anything wrong in her reaction to everything that was happening, Stefan's heartbreak and the fact that he had to take responsibilty for his brothers actions and ended up having to do the last thing in the world he wanted to do which was kill her, it was really heartbreaking for all concerned.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 10-31-2009, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

I was shocked when they killed Vicky! She wasn't really one of my favorites but it still threw me for a loop. I feel bad for Matt. I wonder what he'll do now b/c I'm sure he's not just gonna shrug that his sister disappeared.

Elena is sooo annoying w/her self riteousness & yet I LOVE her & Damon together. They have so much chemistry & I thought it was so hot when she slapped him! I was happy that he mind wiped Jeremy b/c she it's what she wanted. He totally wants her!

I love the relationship between the brothers. So I'm a bit torn b/c I don't want Elena to come between them. Damon tries to pretend he doesn't care but it's obvious that he does. & I love that when Stefan called him for help he went.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:27 AM
Banned

About Stefan and Damon, I might be one of the few people who finds both of them one dimensional which is upsetting. Stefan is being presented as the good guy with no flaws and Damon is being presented as the bad guy with no remorse. I don't understand why every triangle has to be such a cliche. Can't the two brothers meet halfway so Elena comes off as more sympathetic in regards to the two brothers and we can actually understand her plight? I can foresee a problem if a real triangle begins between the three and Elena becomes attracted to Damon the way he is now. No one will understand her confliction when it looks like Stefan is being presented as a saint and she still judges him, while at the same time wanting Damon for being the sexy badboy.

Big fat ZERO to Damon and Bonnie's chemistry. HUGE ZERO.

Last edited by chemistry86; 10-31-2009 at 10:34 AM
Old 10-31-2009, 10:32 AM
Elite Fan

The overall opinion of Elena seems to be negative anyway so I'm guessing that no matter what she does everyone will be pissed at her....

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 10-31-2009, 10:35 AM
Banned

The problem is that she's too overexposed. People will naturally hate the lead who gets the most airtime. Furthermore, it looks as if she's always right so it translates to her being judgemental and preachy. It would be a good idea for the show to knock down this incessent need to present S/E as the lead couple and make it an ensemble cast before Williamson has another Dawson and Joey on his hands...and by that I mean the severe hatred of both of those characters among the fandom.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:17 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
The overall opinion of Elena seems to be negative anyway so I'm guessing that no matter what she does everyone will be pissed at her....
I actually enjoy Elena's character in general, but in the last episode, her constant blame towards Stefan, or even making him feel crap that he was a vampire, got me a bit mad. In the new promo though, I love that she's so intrigued by Lexi (Stefan's friend who's a girl).

I actually disagree that because Stefan/Elena are getting more screen time (they are the MAIN, along with Damon, after all), the majority of the fandom will hate them. People's preference does not depend on exposure, IMHO, it depends on their connection to a certain character or couple. And what if Damon/Elena's time comes, because I'm sure it will, and they're the ones getting more screen time, does that mean that fandom will grudge them too?