Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2014, 09:44 PM
Elite Fan

I think Elena will always want to be friends with either one of the two that she isn't in a romantic relationship with, regardless of Stefan's opinion on the matter. At the end of the day, I can't say for sure it was closure for SE, but for right now at least, it seemed like they are comfortable being in that place where they are friends. Whether or not it will move past that in the future, anything could happen obviously.

The ILYs were meant to be platonic, imo. The reason is because right after it, Elena said: "do you think Damon and I will ever be able to talk like this, like friends?" and Stefan answered "I think you can either be friends with someone, or in love with them."
The way I interpreted this was that they're at a place where they can honestly call each other friends who can say ILY without it being romantic. And Elena asking Stefan this question shows that she really wants to try and be friends with Damon, which she of course then goes to Damon to try and do Obviously, he rejects the idea because lo and behold, Stefan is right. Can't be friends with someone when you are in love with them.

I honestly think they've been setting up Stefan and Caroline since the second season and at some point, it's going to finally happen. I'm not really sure what it means for the end of the series or endgame in general, but I think there will be something there, even if it's just a short while.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

The only closure we will ever get is the end of the series.. that is when we will get closure.. Until then each side is open game just saying... nothing is EVER shut on a show until the show is done...

So to me there is no point in trying to debate whether SE had closure or not when the show isn't even over yet. and considering what they have done to SE for the past season and a half yeah I dont't believe it for a second that this is the "closure" they had in mind.

and as for SC... yeah another relationship they can ruin which they will because JP just cant have two people be friends without it going romantic. its just not in her nature not to go there.

and I am going to feel sorry for Caroline when it does because it just they never want her without a pairing they just dont.

Last edited by ~AnastasiaGrey~; 04-21-2014 at 10:53 PM
Old 04-22-2014, 07:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touldengal (View Post)
I think Elena will always want to be friends with either one of the two that she isn't in a romantic relationship with, regardless of Stefan's opinion on the matter. At the end of the day, I can't say for sure it was closure for SE, but for right now at least, it seemed like they are comfortable being in that place where they are friends. Whether or not it will move past that in the future, anything could happen obviously.
I agree, I think she feels entitled to both of them, whether it's in a romantic or platonic fashion. She knows they treat her like gold, make her their priority, and will do anything for her even if she is only their friend, which is a pretty sweet deal for her.

This isn't the first time she's acted stunned that one of them didn't want to be friends immediately upon breaking up. First it was Stefan and now it's Damon, but she still hasn't learned that not everything is about what she needs.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I agree, I think she feels entitled to both of them, whether it's in a romantic or platonic fashion. She knows they treat her like gold, make her their priority, and will do anything for her even if she is only their friend, which is a pretty sweet deal for her.
She never asked for that, the brothers are adult and vaccinated, they have their free will to choose how to treat her, it's not on Elena to choose that: frankly I don't see her enjoying this so-called "power" at all neither

Quote:
First it was Stefan and now it's Damon, but she still hasn't learned that not everything is about what she needs.
And not everything is about her satisfying the brothers's feelings neither She wants to keep them close because of her abandon issues and because she loves them both in different ways and wants them in her life. Selfish? Of course, as much as it was selfish from Stefan to want to fix her at any costs or it's selfish from Damon to want everything or nothing from her too. Everyone makes mistakes there, Elena is not the evil witch and the brothers the poor victims, she suffered too because of them, last time exactly in the last episode

About the rest, again (and it'll be the last time I answer because it's a continuos circle ) for me Stelena had their romantic closure and are just friends. We'll respectfully agree to disagree on this, I may be wrong (I don't pretend to have the truth in my pocket ) but that's what I saw in the episode/show, can't change it
I am the storm"

Anna

Last edited by LabuanPearl88; 04-22-2014 at 09:41 AM
Old 04-22-2014, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabuanPearl88 (View Post)
She never asked for that, the brothers are adult and vaccinated, they have their free will to choose how to treat her, it's not on Elena to choose that: frankly I don't see her enjoying this so-called "power" at all neither

And not everything is about her satisfying the brothers's feelings neither She wants to keep them close because of her abandon issues and because she loves them both in different ways and wants them in her life. Selfish? Of course, as much as it was selfish from Stefan to want to fix her at any costs or it's selfish from Damon to want everything or nothing from her too. Everyone makes mistakes there, Elena is not the evil witch and the brothers the poor victims, she suffered too because of them, last time exactly in the last episode

About the rest, again (and it'll be the last time I answer because it's a continuos circle ) for me Stelena had their closure. We'll respectfully agree to disagree on this, I may be wrong (I don't pretend to have the truth in my pocket ) but that's what I saw in the episode/show, can't change it
No one is saying or is trying to change anything.. In the end everything is subjective anyway.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Twilighter Tee♥ (View Post)
No one is saying or is trying to change anything.. In the end everything is subjective anyway.
Exactly, that's my point and what I was tring to say
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 04-22-2014, 09:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabuanPearl88 (View Post)
But she literally and absolutely did ask for Damon's friendship last episode. And when her and Stefan broke up in season 4, she was stunned and hurt that he wasn't immediately her friend.

Quote:
They're all selfish, which is painfully obvious. My issue with Elena is that she does use them as a means to an end. Stefan and Damon may both have a plethora of individual issues and flaws, but they don't use her.

I don't know how me saying Elena shouldn't feel entitled to their friendships translates to me calling her an evil witch. I don't think she's an evil witch, and I certainly don't think any of these characters are victims, but things aren't black and white. Elena doesn't automatically have to be an evil witch just because she takes advantage of the brothers' unconditional devotion to her.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxmeli (View Post)
But she literally and absolutely did ask for Damon's friendship last episode. And when her and Stefan broke up in season 4, she was stunned and hurt that he wasn't immediately her friend.
She asked him friendship because right now she's confused and rather have him as a friend in her life than not having him at all: it's selfish, but it's understandable considering her abandon issues. Damon called her out her bull**** because of his love issues, it was selfish too, I think they're both hurt in this and both wrong; she was stunned by his reaction, many of us were too, but not because Damon has to be at her feet but because she ingenuily thought he may have agreed that it was the easy way out. She made a mistake, but it wasn't about her feeling superior to them, at least not for me

Quote:
They're all selfish, which is painfully obvious. My issue with Elena is that she does use them as a means to an end. Stefan and Damon may both have a plethora of individual issues and flaws, but they don't use her.
Agree to disagree in this She manipulated them some times, which is what many other characters usually do; Stefan didn't always treated her well and Damon screwed up with their relationship many times too... why should they be forgiven and not considered as big deals too? Again, the brothers aren't two puppies (not that you said they're, it's just an example ), they could stand up for themselves and many times they do, it's not like she takes advantage on them so many times for me

Quote:
I don't know how me saying Elena shouldn't feel entitled to their friendships translates to me calling her an evil witch. I don't think she's an evil witch, and I certainly don't think any of these characters are victims, but things aren't black and white. Elena doesn't automatically have to be an evil witch just because she takes advantage of the brothers' unconditional devotion to her.
I never said you called her an evil witch, I used those terms as an example And I agree things aren't black or white, but from your post it looked like Elena is for you, always the one the manipulates the bros; I didn't understand your ideas maybe, and for this I apologize, but it was the impression it gave me
I am the storm"

Anna

Last edited by LabuanPearl88; 04-22-2014 at 11:56 AM
Old 04-23-2014, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbn (View Post)
Yeah I think you should - you would want to see Paul's directional debut
saw it. I don't like DE anymore.
Old 06-08-2017, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

In general this was probably one of my least favorite episodes. I just found it kind of slow.

I don’t ship SE so seeing all their alternate reality scenes just didn’t do anything for me. It’s nice that it was established it was real but I am glad that they got their closure on the relationship and that they can be friends now. (I actually just felt bad for their fans. Its sort of mean to give them those scenes just to say they aren't real...)

I love seeing Caroline jealous of Stefan and Elena’s dreams. Damon too. The awkward DE scene was cute.

Seeing Damon say "we were doomed from the beginning, we were always gonna end up here." just warms my heart because we know they end up together. Their ending scene was great, I loved when Elena said they were real. But him pushing her away . I get why though, it would be too damn hard to see her everyday and try to be friends.

The Matt/Vicki scenes were sweet.

I would appreciate the twist at the end more if I knew what was going on .