Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2014, 04:09 AM
Total Fan

I don't think either couple is going to have any real closure until the very end. This is a series long triangle, right?

Old 04-19-2014, 05:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyJfan4life (View Post)
I don't think either couple is going to have any real closure until the very end. This is a series long triangle, right?
It is on its basis, but I also think the triangle changed drastically its nature after season4 and we're all tired of it anyway I think they have already shown where this show is going to romantically speaking and in my opinion (Not universal truth) SE won't end together Of course I'm not in the writers' minds so everything can change: for what I saw until now I think SE had their clousure as lovers but they'll remain friends as a natural development of their story Maybe they'll get closer again in the future but for many reasons I don't think it'll be in a romantic way Of course their fans can still hope otherwise and see no clousure in this episode, we'll just agree to disagree The show may be about a triangle, but we have to consider its development too
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 04-19-2014, 05:50 AM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabuanPearl88 (View Post)
Didn't like the SE visions., too fake even for them in my opinion While I appreciated the last scene, felt even sorry for them bc of how Markos had been mean to them Also, obviously, I liked the friendzone status finally

Loved DE scene, the sweetness of Elena trying to comfort him and make him see the truth Also liked Damon calling her out her bull**** about being "just friends" They were friends and always will be, but they can't go back just to that, loving each other so much Loved the "real" mention too
I have to respectfully disagree with this.

Stefan/Elena visions were good they showed us what they both wish for the most. I don't think they are "friendzoned" - they are friends! And didn't they even throw a "I will always love you" in there?

As for Elena and Damon - just no! Elena is annoying when she's with Damon - she's a complete different person and not a very likeable one!
Damon should grow a pair! He's rude and whining and basically being a big baby. When Elena doesn't want to jump in bed with him he has no use for her? JFC!

The writers need to get the show away from the triangle! But sadly I don't think the writers are capable of that
Old 04-19-2014, 08:32 AM
Master Fan

My favorite part of the episode was Enzo. I really am enjoying this character. I like him with Caroline. It's a nice diversion from a season and episode that has fallen flat for me. I'm looking forward to more of him next episode.

I am a little curious about the other side and those problems. I'd like to see more Bonny working with Jeremy and Matt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbn (View Post)
IDamon should grow a pair! He's rude and whining and basically being a big baby. When Elena doesn't want to jump in bed with him he has no use for her? JFC!
I didn't see Damon's action this way. Damon is still in love with Elena and it is too painful right now to be friends. It would seem reasonable that a couple would need some time apart before being friends. It seems weird to me that Elena wouldn't think about this. But then this show must have triangle drama, I guess. Stefan and Elena haven't been a couple in a while so the friend zone makes more sense.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:49 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann357 (View Post)
I didn't see Damon's action this way. Damon is still in love with Elena and it is too painful right now to be friends. It would seem reasonable that a couple would need some time apart before being friends. It seems weird to me that Elena wouldn't think about this. But then this show must have triangle drama, I guess. Stefan and Elena haven't been a couple in a while so the friend zone makes more sense.
I would understand Damon feeling that way if he wasn't the reason why the relationship went to crap. He should be happy that Elena still wants him in her life after everything that has happened.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I would understand Damon feeling that way if he wasn't the reason why the relationship went to crap. He should be happy that Elena still wants him in her life after everything that has happened.
I think even if the breakup was his fault it would be painful and rather awkward to be friends so quickly. I hope they do go through a period apart...but that probably won't happen.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:57 AM
Total Fan

Sure, but I would think he would still be grateful. You know, even if it's too painful and awkward for him right now, at least tell Elena he needs time. Don't tell her to get out of his life for good.

Old 04-19-2014, 02:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbn (View Post)
I have to respectfully disagree with this.

Stefan/Elena visions were good they showed us what they both wish for the most. I don't think they are "friendzoned" - they are friends! And didn't they even throw a "I will always love you" in there?
Agree to disagree, SE visions weren't even theirs so to speak bc they were forced on them by Markos, it was an idealization of a life they would have never had anyway and for this even more fake. Stefan is right when he said they didn't need them, they had their own story, great and unique. .. and real! That is why I didn't like them: Stefan maybe dreamt that with Elena, but she never did. A human life with children and her family alive is what she wanted, Stefan was just added by Markos in a forced AU. Again, you may like it, I didn't, just a matter of taste, I found them very cruel towards Elena and Stefan

They will always love each other, no doubts... the point is they won't "be in love" with each other, that is the difference shown for me

Quote:
As for Elena and Damon - just no! Elena is annoying when she's with Damon - she's a complete different person and not a very likeable one!
Agree to respectfully disagree, I don't see her that way at all, she just grew up and changed but she's still young and makes mistakes, like everyone

Quote:
Damon should grow a pair! He's rude and whining and basically being a big baby. When Elena doesn't want to jump in bed with him he has no use for her? JFC!
Not everything about Damon and DE is about sex Damon can't pretend to be just a friend with her when it's clear they are in love with each other and wants the space she herself asked him too last ep; does it mean he doesn't care/love her? No. Does it mean she is just sex for him? No. It means he cannot pretend they are less than what they really are.

Damon thinks the right way to deal with this is stay away from Elena, Elena thinks it is to be just friends. They are both wrong and soon they will see it, it is their journey to learn from mistakes

Plus Elena is Not a delicate princess who has to be protected from the truth, she can handle a fight with Damon, always had and will, they have no problems to call each other out their bull****, it is what makes them grew Close and understand more about each other

Quote:
The writers need to get the show away from the triangle! But sadly I don't think the writers are capable of that
Well, DE are apart and SE friends... less triangle than this is difficoltà
I am the storm"

Anna

Last edited by LabuanPearl88; 04-19-2014 at 05:22 PM
Old 04-19-2014, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
should I even bother watching it on the dvr?
Old 04-20-2014, 04:23 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclarexdelena (View Post)
Well, that is up to you.

Old 04-20-2014, 06:44 AM
Loyal Fan

I kind of took it as Elena not wanting to be in any relationship after her conversation with Stefan about you can either be lovers or friends. She immediately went to Damon and insisted on being just friends. I thought after her conversation with stefan it was going to make her try to work things out with Damon but instead she took what he said and tried to create a friendship with Damon.

I sort of agree with another poster that Damon should be grateful after what he did this last time they broke up, he became evil at the drop of a hat. I'm surprised this hasnt even been a real issue for concern. He killed aaron and nearly had jeremy killed again, she hasnt given him any on screen hell for it. That's a big deal, instead we get a sex seen and Elena telling him she needs him in her life and HE'S the one rejecting her. Clearly Elena needs to take a step back from him but the show is completely missing the real importance of why.

I liked the episode. Love Enzo, I hope he stays. Jeremy still bothers me and Bonnie still doesn't have nearly as much screen time as I'd like. Glad to see she's part of a storyline tho.

DVD Commentary
Sophia-Brooke and Peyton are not lovers, thanks, lets just establish that right now.
Hilarie- thats true, atleast not season one.
Sophia-(pause)WoW, not till season 3 Hil come on.

I'm am a 100% Creek Freak and proud of it!...
Old 04-20-2014, 07:13 AM
Total Fan

He's acting like he was the one done wrong in this relationship. If anyone should be reacting this way it's Elena. If Damon wouldn't have done what he did, they wouldn't be where they are right now.

Old 04-20-2014, 07:33 AM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclarexdelena (View Post)
Yeah I think you should - you would want to see Paul's directional debut
Old 04-20-2014, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabuanPearl88 (View Post)
]
For me it wasn't left open, they showed how SE loved each other and it was real, of course, but now Elena loves Damon and Stefan is moving on too. I don't see a romantic future for them, and last ep was indicative, they had their clousure: they'll always love each other, but as friends, they made Stefan say those things for a reason
I just don't think it is as easy as that. Elena loves Matt as her friend and it certainly isn't the way that she still loves Stefan. Stefan and Elena share something far more deeper then just friendship.. SE will never be just friends, not like how she is with Matt. I will agree that right now any romantic sort of love is off the table for SE... but that doesn't mean that it always will be. Stefan and Elena transcend labels.. their love doesn't have to be defined... they simply just love each other, and I think that is what that last scene with SE was showing us. Their relationship is different to any other relationship on the show.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life (View Post)
I just don't think it is as easy as that. Elena loves Matt as her friend and it certainly isn't the way that she still loves Stefan. Stefan and Elena share something far more deeper then just friendship.. SE will never be just friends, not like how she is with Matt. I will agree that right now any romantic sort of love is off the table for SE... but that doesn't mean that it always will be. Stefan and Elena transcend labels.. their love doesn't have to be defined... they simply just love each other, and I think that is what that last scene with SE was showing us. Their relationship is different to any other relationship on the show.
I never said it'll be like with Matt Of course it won't, they come from two very different love stories, and each relationships are unique like it's right to be; for example Caroline has two different relationship with her two exes too, like it should be, it's the variety of world Elena still loves Stefan, I'm sure of that, and she always will, in a different way she loves Matt... personally I just think that in both cases she's not in love with them anymore, just that Of course we'll agree to disagree on this, since we ship different things

I agree with you with the part "they just love each other", I think it's the key of their relationship, always have and always will... but I hink we define it differently and with different ends We'll see how it'll end, again, I don't think I have the truth in my poket, I just have my ideas and opinions based on what I watched

Quote:
I kind of took it as Elena not wanting to be in any relationship after her conversation with Stefan about you can either be lovers or friends. She immediately went to Damon and insisted on being just friends. I thought after her conversation with stefan it was going to make her try to work things out with Damon but instead she took what he said and tried to create a friendship with Damon.
She didn't insisted so much, she just didn't answer to his request It's more complicated than that, they cannot work things out so quickly, it'd be OOC for them, they need time Right now Elena's easy way out is to be friends, like Damon's one is to stay away from her, it's IC for both of them and base on their past issues (abandoned issues and love's insicurities): they're both right and wrong, bc it's not going to work for many reasons and they'll see it soon

Thanks to Stefan's talk, she knows she cannot be friend with Damon again forever, but for now she's too confused (not about her love for him, but about her relationship with him, how to define it, how she needs to find herself before be with him) to go back to him, so she chose the easy way out

Quote:
I sort of agree with another poster that Damon should be grateful after what he did this last time they broke up, he became evil at the drop of a hat. I'm surprised this hasnt even been a real issue for concern. He killed aaron and nearly had jeremy killed again, she hasnt given him any on screen hell for it. That's a big deal, instead we get a sex seen and Elena telling him she needs him in her life and HE'S the one rejecting her. Clearly Elena needs to take a step back from him but the show is completely missing the real importance of why.
Personally I don't think love should be about being grateful to someone, it makes one of the two part not equal to the other It'd be OOC for Delena to based their love on being grateful, they both hurt each other in the past, Elena hurt him and yet he stayed by her side, it'd be hypocrite by her side to act like she's superior to him, even more because she said she isn't

Well, it's the reason they fought and broke up, the reason why they realized they have a problem, so I think it was a issues I myself would have preferred if the Jeremy's stuff woudl have pushed more isntead of Aaron, since it's not like he was so important And the problem Delena has to fix is this, that they love each other so much that Elena is beding her morals too much for him; this is not good, they have to find a balance of course, that's what their journey would be from now on... but it doesn't automatically delete their love for each other, so of course they still want to be in each other lives and stuff like this It has always been like this in this show, one doesn't let go or give up on another just for a bump in the road, it happened to all couples, now it's happening to Delena too
I am the storm"

Anna