Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Not too bad for a premiere.
I loved the Bonnie/Grams scenes.
Caroline and Klaus in the woods was entertaining.

And matt....poor Matt...I felt bad for the way Damon and Stefan treated him.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Passionate Fan

i like the epi but dont love it, i expect more tbh...Klaus so easy... I dont like bonnie always in trouble with the ancestors, so innecesary... I love the honest but rude mod from damon and elena, she never could love that actitude, love stefan and elena moments, i am not ship from noone but was rigth, truly!! I cant a wait for more!
Old 10-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
how in the course of an episode and actually three seasons that Elena could protest so much to wanting to becoming a vampire to oh, it's okay I'll be a sister and a friend and get to be with Stefan. What? It would have been more realistic for her to be more upset about this.
I really think she must be either 1) in shock; maybe she still feels like herself at this point, we haven't seen her go nuts over blood yet, she doesn't feel like a monster...yet. So at this point she might be thinking "huh..I still feel like me." and hasn't processed all the things she is losing yet. 2) In that final scene with Stefan where everything was sunshine and roses..I dunno. It felt really fake to me. So I don't know if she is trying to be brave and positive in front of Stefan, because she doesn't want to make him feel guilty, or what. But something wasn't right about that scene. Maybe she is faking it right now, and in the next episodes that fascade is just going to crumble. My point being: I think the upset, falling apart Elena is coming.

I agree about the "the best decision I ever made" line. I felt like most of the scene was sincere, but that line just doesn't make sense. She should have said "I don't regret choosing you" or something like that. In this case, I think it is just bad writing. The lines can get super soap-opera and cheesey in this show at times, and this is one of those instances!

~Katie~
Old 10-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Master Fan

I still don't know why we can't go the way the books did and kill off Elena. Sure, that'd make Bonnie the lead female.... But really, I'd be ok with that.

I get the this is a show mostly watched by teen girls who simply don't know any better, but come on. This back and forth between brothers, this your opinon matters soo much even if its dumb and you die.

Seriously, someone said it earilier but I'm stating that Bonnie, Matt, and Rebekah aren't the only ones who need to say enough is enough and tell others to just kick rocks.

): )
Old 10-12-2012, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
It was purely a badly written way to make Elena a vamp.
I know I know and I'm trying to get over and I thought I did over the break but then the show just kept bring it up - all episode long! Oh what a good decision you made Stefan. Oh that's perfect way to do it. Oh it's alright Stefan, at least you had hope that maybe Elena wouldn't have to transition into a vampire. It's like the writers saying oh no what we did make sense - it all made sense. It's like Julie Plec can't admit that what she wrote is the biggest plot hole and she just keeps making it bigger and making it seem okay. They didn't even say anything on the show like oh why didn't you try to make them both and try to re-con their mistakes. Like I could have taken recon at this point! But instead JP thinks it makes sense. I know Stefan loves Elena. He had made it clear plenty of times, that's why that plot hole was ridiculous. I just wish JP could write better and not make it seem like it was all okay.

Quote:
Maybe she is faking it right now, and in the next episodes that fascade is just going to crumble. My point being: I think the upset, falling apart Elena is coming.
I could go for that. That makes sense, okay and you're right so far she feels normal. She hasn't had to kill anyone. Her first taste of blood just came from a puddle. I'm surprised she didn't attack Matt actually like how when Stefan first turned, he had a taste of blood and couldn't hold back and had to drain his father or Damon when Stefan bit the girl and there was the drops of blood on her neck and he had to drink it or Caroline in the parking lot w/ the guy and she had to drink it. Matt's open neck was right there and instead she protected him. Kinda unrealistic but I was glad SOMEONE was defending Matt for once. But yea, hopefully it starts to weigh on her because realistically she's not suppose to take this so well.

Quote:
I still don't know why we can't go the way the books did and kill off Elena.
She was only killed off for one book though and then she came back w/ powers.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 10-13-2012, 01:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusXXN (View Post)
I still don't know why we can't go the way the books did and kill off Elena. Sure, that'd make Bonnie the lead female.... But really, I'd be ok with that.

I get the this is a show mostly watched by teen girls who simply don't know any better, but come on. This back and forth between brothers, this your opinon matters soo much even if its dumb and you die.

Seriously, someone said it earilier but I'm stating that Bonnie, Matt, and Rebekah aren't the only ones who need to say enough is enough and tell others to just kick rocks.

How does Rebecca have any room to say anything to anyone, though? Maybe Klaus, yes, but didn't she come to town with a chip on her shoulder and has abused and attacked every character on the show?

Also, Elena actually saved Matt's life. Perhaps he has leg to stand on with Damon and Stefan, tell them to kick rocks but Elena has done nothing to him, but save his life.

I just don't get where all the dislike for Elena comes from, the triangle is a bit tedious, but so is Klaus/Caroline/Tyler. So was Matt/Caroline/Tyler. I just don't get it, at all. Elena hardly is the biggest problem on this show, or even her triangle.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:04 AM
Master Fan

Rebekah, while guilty of Elena's death, is hardly dislikeable. In alot of ways shes like Caroline, whom I refer to as a torture puppy because she gets tha almost every episode. Rebekah's like the emotional version.

If shes not being abused by her brother, shes being abused by Matt, used by Damon, stabbed by Elena. Sure, shes been mean to almost every single character, but they haven't exactly been too nice to her.

If you don't understand the irritation that Elena can bring out in people I can't explain it. So I'll just point out this last episode.

Instead of taking the blood at the start of the episode, therefore making sure she wouldn't be 30 seconds to death by the end she puts her money on Bonnie somehow saving her from vampirism. Something Damon pointed out clearly that has never happened before.

Doesn't ask the risks for Bonnie. No, its her choice, her decision. We're beaten in the head with those words constantly, even when every choice and decision shes ever made turned out to be wrong or epicly stupid.

And lastly, this whole brother thing? Not an accident. If Stefen doesn't agree to her plan, she runs to Damon, if Damon doesn't agree, runs to Stefen. She plays them both off one another, bats her eyes at Damon, only when hark he falls for her does she act the wounded victim and points out how she could never love him.

At least Katherine was upfront about being a manipulative psycho.

Has anyone ever seen Glee? There was this character named Quinn, they wrote her problems and twists and turns in her storyline. But what they didn't write her as is crazy. Like stright mental disorder she needs to seel professional help, crazy.

We only came to that conclusion through her storylines and actions in each episode. She came off insane, not because thats how it was written, but because of how the writers wrote her not meaning to, thinking it would somehow make since.

Thats Elena. The writers don't write her as a manipulative bitch, shes the main character and fan favorite, of course they don't. Its just these little storylines and crazy things she says and does makes fans see her as such.

Shes the first character assassinatied by the writers, and its been going on so long you can't help but be irritated.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:43 AM
Dedicated Fan

Well, I can't see it like that. Many things Elena does make actually sense.

As for Rebecca, when has she ever done anything decent for any other character? One nice thing that didn't benefit her? Why would anyone be nice to her then? She has nearly killed Elena a few times, abused her, threatened her, but somehow Elena stabbing her is so awful. Why would Matt be nice to her? What did she ever do to Matt? Except try and kill his few good friends.

Every character has made mistakes and endangered others, but somehow Elena is the only one criticized for it, other characters have some excuse and are always understood.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:05 AM
Elite Fan

This episode was a lot better than I expected.

I'm glad every character got a scene and everyone was involved somehow. I wish more episodes were like this. Also it was awesome that there was finally a real threat and someone stood a real chance against the group.

Trevino was the highlight of the episode for me. He was incredible good as Klaus and I wish he had gotten one more episode with Klaus possessing him. He changed his voice, his facial expressions. When he came back to being Tyler the difference was very clear.
I couldn't stop laughing at Klaus being incredible annoyed because Tyler's mom wouldn't stop calling him
I felt there was a scene missing because one minute Klaus is going to rip out Tyler's heart and the next he's back in his own body

I felt incredible bad for Rebekah during her scene with Klaus. I love Klaus but that was made me feel bad to my stomach because he was really violent towards her. I get that both are strong vampires but still it made me feel uncomfortable because he's her brother.

I loved Bonnie's interaction with Grams. This was the first time in a long time that there was scene about her and only her (even if it was small).

About SED I think both Stefan & Damon had valid points and Elena's situation. I can't wait to see what happens now that Elena is a vampire.

The Pastor was crazy. I was shocked when he blew up everybody and I didn't understand anything until one of my friends pointed out the pastor said "soon you are going to past the gates" or something like this. I have a feeling they are going to the other side and try to start a battle as ghosts. They mentioned the spirits A LOT in this episode.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Every character has made mistakes and endangered others, but somehow Elena is the only one criticized for it, other characters have some excuse and are always understood.
I don't think that's true - I've seen hate for basically every character of the show but there is always love for each of them too which is the same w/ Elena. Usually Elena is my second favorite character of the show but in this episode, she didn't sit right with me. I'm hoping that it changes in the next few episodes when they really get into her being a vampire, how it affects her and her relationships w/ others and how she feels about herself. However since I felt that Elena's transformation was mostly about Stefan, I'm not so hopeful.

I agree about Rebekah though, she hasn't done anything nice to anyone to warrant being treated nicely in return. Then again, right off the bat she was considered a threat and acted as such so...I'm not sure if she's acting that way because she's in a hostel environment or just because she's like that.

Quote:
Trevino was the highlight of the episode for me.
Same here. Especially after re-watching. He did so good!

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 10-13-2012, 09:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
I don't think that's true - I've seen hate for basically every character of the show but there is always love for each of them too which is the same w/ Elena. Usually Elena is my second favorite character of the show but in this episode, she didn't sit right with me. I'm hoping that it changes in the next few episodes when they really get into her being a vampire, how it affects her and her relationships w/ others and how she feels about herself. However since I felt that Elena's transformation was mostly about Stefan, I'm not so hopeful.

I guess that is fair enough. I guess I reacted to the post about how Elena should be killed off, so the show would be better.

I did get Elena in this episode. Maybe she shouldn't have stalled drinking blood and should have though that it might endanger Bonnie, but then again, she was not thinking clearly, reacting to every sound and smell around her, feeling confused. IMO she isn't actually this self centered in normal circumstances.

It did annoy me, that the writers made Elena becoming a vampire more about Damon/Stafan, and their different opinions, not about Elena. Not everything has to be about the triangle and "meaningful" scenes between Elena and the guys.

Tyler and Caroline were quite awesome, one slip up word, and Caroline knew it was Klaus. Why did Klaus return for Caroline, and why did he leave Rebecca there all tied up? That was really confusing.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokhashin (View Post)
Tyler and Caroline were quite awesome, one slip up word, and Caroline knew it was Klaus. Why did Klaus return for Caroline, and why did he leave Rebecca there all tied up? That was really confusing.
I think that happened so Klaus/Rebekah could have a fight. I have feeling Klaus is going to be all alone from now on and Rebekah is going to start changing her ways. I don't want her to be friends with the group but I think she could be great on her own.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring of fire (View Post)
I think that happened so Klaus/Rebekah could have a fight. I have feeling Klaus is going to be all alone from now on and Rebekah is going to start changing her ways. I don't want her to be friends with the group but I think she could be great on her own.
I wish they would actually show her POV a bot more. She seems to look down on the crew, but partly wishes to belong to it. I am all for Klaus/Rebecca angst, but that scene felt like a total plot point, and OOC even for Klaus.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Elite Fan

I totally agree. I think Klaus was incredible harsh with Rebekah, it was a little OOC even for him. Specially because he got very violent in their fight and he never treated Rebekah like that before.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
EDIT- I really don't get the character hate that goes on in the TVD fandom because of ships. It is so annoying and predictable to read. Why are there so many DE'ers that hate Stefan and think he is weak and pathetic, and there are so many SE'ers that hate Damon and think he is selfish and annoying? Both the brothers have their failings and weaknesses. Stefan can be weak, but sometimes what he does takes more strength then what Damon does. Damon can be selfish, but sometimes he is totally selfless and humble. To prefer a certain ship, you don't have to paint the "other brother" as the bad guy! There are really positive qualities about both brothers, and it just drives me nuts that people actually fast forward through parts of the show because they can't stomach seeing Elena with one brother or the other. Seriously! It is so much easier to just realise she is always going to have "moments" with both brothers and just learn to love them both!
I completely agree. And just have to applaud this. It's 90% of the reason i stay away from this forum lately. I appreciate and don't appreciate certain aspects of both Damon and Stefan. At the end of the day they I still love both characters b/c without their differences we wouldn't have a show. I hate all the Elena bashing she gets the worst of it. This girl is so young and has a lot of weight put on her shoulders from somethign that started thousands of years ago. She tends to cave a lot under the pressure and maybe not make the smartest decision but in the end she always thinks she is doing the right thing. Thats what matters to me. She just needs to realize that there are others around to help with the weight and maybe actually take their opinions into account once and a while. Then again now that she is a Vamp maybe none of that matters anymore.