Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2012, 08:06 AM
Master Fan

Wow I'm so glad Klaus got back.
Bonnie rocked.
Matt,baby,omg I felt so bad for you. You need to talk to Elena as soon as possible.

Rebekah,well I hope they'll start writing her better now.
I thought Elena's transition was quite good and interesting.

Damon,yeah I can see how much you're in pain. I mean,you certainly had the most dreadful 24 hours ( you're thinking you're going to die alone and rejected once again for someone who loved your brother more than you,your BFF definitely dies, the girl you just wish her to be happy died and now is a vampire )of your non-life but dear lord did you really have to be that psycho with Matt? Really.Lol. He was unconscious.

Stefan,well I knew already you were never going to forgive yourself. I had no doubts, I liked how they've written that scene,though.

Icon
Old 10-12-2012, 08:33 AM
Master Fan

All I keep hearing about is elena's cholices. Really? Her choices? They suck. Someone pointed out she has the self preservation of a peanut, and I gotta agree. What exactly is wrong with her? Declairing that at 18 she should have died?

How iis that a sane choice? Damon should belittle her ideas and plans, there stupid. And she makes it sound like he's the one with the problem for wanting to save her? Do you think, even if asked, elena would have saved tylar at jeremy's request knowing he might die?

No, of course not. You save the one you love. Damon gets that. Even if she hated him for the rest of her mortal life, you know he still would have picked her.

Only elena gilbert could turn sacrificing herself into a selfish act.

Though yes, damon needs to leave matt alone. It wasn't his fault. It was sefen and eleans fault. And rebekah.

Sigh....id had some hope in things changing, but elena waiting till the very last moments to drink blood, at stefens backing, in the vain hopes the one which could somehow change the history of vampisim. Hope? All well and good, common sence a whole lot better.

Its not nobility if your willing to sacrifice yourself every five minutes. Its a mental disorder.geuss she now has more in common with saint/ripper stefen. I wonder how long it'll be before she's blacking out and ripping kids apart?

Oh well.

): )
Old 10-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Elite Fan

I watched the ep this morning. Mehh I didn't love it but I didn't dislike it either. I think the way Elena turned was done horribly. Like did she really turn by a few drops of blood on the floor? I must say that I watched the episode on my phone, small screen so I may have missed some bits I seriously thought she would feed on the pastor. I didn't get at all why he blew up that house, that confused me a lot.

Way too much SE obviously, I didn't like it one bit. Stefan is being such a pain in the ass. Seriously dude, get over yourself I don't get why he and Damon are both so horrible to Matt, if you wanna blame someone then blame Bekah! I don't care for Bonnie at all, she has annoyed me since The pilot. Michael did a terrific job as Klaus, I found it very believable. And that scene with Caroline was hilarious

That scene where Elena remembered the compulsion was epic and exactly how I pictured it to be. The other DE scene was perfect also I missed them so much!

Next week looks good!
Damon & Elena
Old 10-12-2012, 08:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

Here are my thoughts/opinions of the episode 4x01 Growing Pains:

The story of The Council lead by Pastor Young who was informed right before Alaric's death appeared in Mystic Falls, in order to take a look up the Vampire and Werewolf fright was pretty interesting. The idea of kidnapping Caroline, Rebekah by stabbing them with a dowel was a pretty smart move.

Elena's transition from a human into vampire and her disapproval of her new status was bittersweet to watch.

The scene where Elena woke up and Stefan told her that Meredith healed her brain injuries with Damon's blood and Rebekah's appearance in from to f the road which lead to the fact of Matt driving his truck across the bridge and the fact that Stefan couldn't save both Elena and Matt at the same was pretty heartbreaking.

I liked Stefan's attempt of respecting Elena's choice of not completing her full transition into a vampire, even when this means she would have been dead by the end of time of not feeding her self with blood.

I can also understand Damon's reaction of not letting her doing this drastic choice and watching her die.

I admire Elena for soothing up Jeremy by telling him that she will find a way to deal with her possible new life as a Vampire in much more responsible way than Vicki did. It shows again in a wonderful way, that Elena would do anything to protect her brother and her friends and is willing to put her own wishes aside.

I love Stefan's and Elena's talk in the kitchen where he tried to encourage her not to give up on the chance of reverting her new Vampire existence and his hope that Bonnie will find a way to revert that "course".

It was a very touching moment and speech.

Unfortunately, they were interrupted by the appearance of Pastor Young and his army who surrounded Stefan with their weapons in order to look him up in a change in the near of a secluded house. The way Pastor Young tried to convince Elena inside the house by telling her how "bad and dangerous" the Salvatores really are was a very creepy scene. Elena's attempt of escaping Pastor Young were unfortunately stopped by one of his guards who discovered that Elena could be a vampire, too.

I was so surprised, that they revealed Klaus' possession of Tyler so early.

In the scene where he couldn't save Rebekah and than again after Caroline's thanking for freeing her outside of the hostage of Pastor Young's army by creating a car crash.

I wonder myself, why did he make such a mistake by calling Caroline love when he threatened Bonnie at the beginning of the episode not to tell anyone about the deal they made.

The scene where Elena and Stefan where locked up side by side without helping each other was a very tearful scene. Stefan's attempt of convincing the guard who watched them by telling him to let Elena go was a very noble mind ended.

Bonnie's and Jeremy's plan by using dark magic in order to bring Elena back from the darkness was very brave plan, especially when Bonnie had to sacrifice her self in order to stop Elena's new transition. I was so surprised how successful Bonnie was to create an astral image of her self in order to lead back to the living.

Unfortunately her attempts were stopped by Sheila who appeared as her conscience, in order to tell her niece to stop of using dark magic before she had to sacrifice something important.

A very similar thing happened when Klaus tried to force her to perform a ritual in order to transfer his body out of Tyler back into his own, which she was successful being able to do, but with the price of losing her contact to Sheila forever.

I wonder myself, if they will start with Bonnie some sort of Dark Willow storyline. I hope, they will do that because this would give Bonnie so much more depth and would turn away from being just a slave to the Salvatores and Elena who use her only as a servant whenever they want to.

Damon's plan of using Matt as a bait to decoy Pastor Young out of the house was a very mean and not really thought through plan. He let shot him self down only to stood up, in order to use the guards weapon to stab him.

I disliked/dislike the way he turned him self again against Matt for blaming him for Elena's death was very sad to watch, especially when he really tried to kill him which was fortunately was stopped by the now fully turned Elena.

I felt very sad for Matt who still blames him self of not saving Elena, even after Stefan healed him with his Vampire blood.

I hope, Stefan's speech that he should feel happy that he is alive and should do everything he can to use this second chance was a very great speech.

I have found Elena's speech to Damon for blaming him after he told her that he would put her life higher as Matt's if he were on Stefan's position was not very nice, especially when she knows he would die for her.

I expected something nicer from her to him, especially after she realized that Damon compiled her in the episode 2x08 Rose in order to let her forget that he told her his love and that he did the same same in episode 3x22 The Departed again, where he compelled her, in order to forget that he was the one where she met first and told her that she should enjoy her life and look for a love that consumes her.

These are for me, the two greatest love confessions you could have ever make to proof your love to someone.

So that, I hoped she would have appreciated it, at least a little bit more.

I felt very sad for Rebekah too, when she realized near the end of the episode, that her brother would let her die only to being able to create a new army of hybrids. So that I fully understand her reaction of squeezing out all of Elena's blood bags, only to make that he cannot create anymore hybrids.

I hope, this means she will join Elena's side and turn her self away from Klaus who is obviously not caring very much for.

I still cannot understand Klaus' reaction of letting her sister die, especially when we was so eager to reunite his family again. Did I miss something important, which explained his 180° turn around?

I was very surprised that Pastor Young killed him self with his supporters by realizing gas out of a gland only to kindle it with fire. I wonder myself, what he meant when he said: "We were just the beginning."

Are they more fanatic Vampire and Werewolf haters expect from him or did he mean they are other supernatural creatures who want to see the Vampires and Werewolves being erased.

Markus
Old 10-12-2012, 08:53 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
How is that a sane choice? Damon should belittle her ideas and plans, there stupid. And she makes it sound like he's the one with the problem for wanting to save her? Do you think, even if asked, elena would have saved tylar at jeremy's request knowing he might die?
I agree. I can't believe that Elena can't comprehend the idea that Damon would save her first over Matt? Seriously, Elena is giving Mother Theresa a run for her money who is more selfless and giving.
Just give me a reason, Just a little bit's enough. Just a second, we're not broken. Just bent and we can learn to love again. it's in the stars. It's been written in the scars on our hearts. We're NOT broken. Just bent and we can learn to love again.
Lyrics by Pink
Old 10-12-2012, 09:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

The cutest moment of the episode was Klaus talking to Tyler's mom. Obviously he likes the woman and tries to protect her feelings. He could just not to pick the phone, but he didn't want her to worry about her son. I think he is sort of jealous of Tyler whose mother loves him no matter what and accepted him easily first as a werewolf then as a hybrid. I bet he wishes Esther was more like Carol.
Klaus' humanity is showing when he interacts with Carol, even more so than with Caroline.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:20 AM
Master Fan

And it'd help if stefen wasn't always backing up her fool plans. Seriously, they never work. But stefens all yes ma'am, your a 18 year oold child you most know best.

Thhey have both made denileville there homes. And I can o nly assume from the promo that stefens taking her to the woods to learn to hunt bunnies. Yeah, that's going to end well.

Who thinks eleans gonna take a page out of vickis playbook and starving on bunnie blood starts attacking humans? Other then me?

Kinda wonder why the paster blew himself up. Doesn't seem logical.

With him and most of his followers dead, is the mayor and sheriff back in charge?

Is bonnie gonna be the new big bad? With her dark magic use and poor choices? I wonder what happened to her grams. Looked painful.

Gah, to musch sickening s/e.

Elena: "I wanna die."

Stefen: "I accept your decision."

Damon: "....your both idiots. I wonder if becs wants to catch a movie followed by hot wallsex?"

Old 10-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Passionate Fan

I thought it was an alright episode, not bad. I'm kind of floored that the D/E/S triangle is still going to dominate this season. Will it never end?!

Frustrated with how both Damon and Stefan treated Matt. I can understand why it is tempting to take it out on him...but don't! I think the "every day you wake up you better earn it" was a little unfair. Just because someone chooses to save you doesn't mean you need to have the burden of being the perfect human being every day to "make up for it". Poor Matt. He'll never feel he's worth it.

I'm OK with the fact that Stefan followed Elena's wishes and didn't save her first. But it is completely understandable also that Damon would have saved her first, and she should accept that. Personally, I think in a life or death situation like that it is unlikely that either of them would have saved Matt first. I think you act instinctually/panic-mode in a situation like that, and their first impulse would be to save Elena no matter what. So that whole situation is a bit lame.

I found the SE scenes a tiny bit over the top. The "one day at a time" thing just sounded fake and sickly sweet and forced to me. And "together forever"...barf. Forever is a long time, Elena, and you just turned, so don't get ahead of yourself.

I was suprised that Stefan actually killed to save Elena as a vamp. I wasn't sure he had that in him!

The scene between Klaus and Rebekah was sad...but she really does make people want to leave her behind, everything is me me me.

EDIT- I really don't get the character hate that goes on in the TVD fandom because of ships. It is so annoying and predictable to read. Why are there so many DE'ers that hate Stefan and think he is weak and pathetic, and there are so many SE'ers that hate Damon and think he is selfish and annoying? Both the brothers have their failings and weaknesses. Stefan can be weak, but sometimes what he does takes more strength then what Damon does. Damon can be selfish, but sometimes he is totally selfless and humble. To prefer a certain ship, you don't have to paint the "other brother" as the bad guy! There are really positive qualities about both brothers, and it just drives me nuts that people actually fast forward through parts of the show because they can't stomach seeing Elena with one brother or the other. Seriously! It is so much easier to just realise she is always going to have "moments" with both brothers and just learn to love them both!

~Katie~

Last edited by Red Dragon; 10-12-2012 at 12:29 PM
Old 10-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

I don't ship either brother with elena. I think they both can do better. She's a nutbar. Needs a head shrinker to deal with her joan of arc problems.

I don't think rebekah was out of line for asking why her own brother didn't save her. She's never anyones first choice, not even her families. She's had her brothers back for 1000yrs, taken his abuse, the fact that he killed their mom, all of it and she sided with him. And he just doesn't care.

So yeah, I feel bad for her.

And what is stefens problem with matt? He didn't want to be picked, he'd have died just so elena could live. He doesn't need to earn anything in stefens eyes because its stefens fault a decision was made in the first place.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bonnie "played with fire" for her ungrateful friends. And they don't even care.

SMH @ Stefan saying Matt had to "earn" his life. And Damon being disrespectful to him. Bonnie, Matt and Rebekah need to tell everybody to go kick rocks.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 10-12-2012, 03:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Finally just watched the episode......it was a good start, really liked the flashback bit.
Also just have to add Michael Trevino did Klaus to the T! he was awesome with the expressions.
Glad to have Joseph Morgan back as Klaus.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Very true, Michael knocked it out of the park. Almost made me want to see Klaus in him longer just to see Michael stretch his acting chops but I'm glad Tyler is free again.

I didn't get the impression that Klaus liked Carol persay. I mean he called her an incessant woman when he saw her name on the caller ID and I thought he picked up to keep up appearances but I could be wrong. I did love how Michael had his Tyler voice and his Klaus voice switch there, it was so funny.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 10-12-2012, 05:59 PM
New Fan

I am interested to see how Elena evolves as a vampire and how she handles everything. Not really happy about her and stefan being together. I think the chemistry definitely lies with Damon, you can feel it in your blood. Maybe this will be short lived.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Elena has lost so many people and losing Matt and losing him like that, it would have killed her slowly anyway.
IDK, would it be anymore painful then the death of her last close living related Jenna? I mean yes we all know she would have been sad if Matt died but now she's undead. Her dreams of having kids and a family are dead. She never wanted to be a vampire. That was another thing Elena told Stefan and completely bared her soul when she told him about it. I just...1. can't get over how it wasn't possible to save them both and I know I'm suppose to just take it like oh they need to turn Elena into a vamp so they went w/ this route but it could have been written so much better and 2. how in the course of an episode and actually three seasons that Elena could protest so much to wanting to becoming a vampire to oh, it's okay I'll be a sister and a friend and get to be with Stefan. What? It would have been more realistic for her to be more upset about this.

I know at the end of the day, it is what it is. What is written is what is written and I don't think the fans have really much control over it but I am usually one of the biggest fans of Elena Gilbert and last night she confused the hell out of me. It's not about her choosing Stefan because that's what usually happens, it's about her not being the least bit upset that now she's the thing that she never ever wanted to be. In fact, she seems quite content about it. And her saying going back to see Stefan despite getting run off the road by Rebekah and drowning to death was the best decision she's ever made just doesn't make any sense. She might as well had always liked the idea of becoming a vampire. It would make the reaction make more sense.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 10-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
IDK, would it be anymore painful then the death of her last close living related Jenna? I mean yes we all know she would have been sad if Matt died but now she's undead. Her dreams of having kids and a family are dead. She never wanted to be a vampire. That was another thing Elena told Stefan and completely bared her soul when she told him about it. I just...1. can't get over how it wasn't possible to save them both and I know I'm suppose to just take it like oh they need to turn Elena into a vamp so they went w/ this route but it could have been written so much better and 2. how in the course of an episode and actually three seasons that Elena could protest so much to wanting to becoming a vampire to oh, it's okay I'll be a sister and a friend and get to be with Stefan. What? It would have been more realistic for her to be more upset about this.

I know at the end of the day, it is what it is. What is written is what is written and I don't think the fans have really much control over it but I am usually one of the biggest fans of Elena Gilbert and last night she confused the hell out of me. It's not about her choosing Stefan because that's what usually happens, it's about her not being the least bit upset that now she's the thing that she never ever wanted to be. In fact, she seems quite content about it. And her saying going back to see Stefan despite getting run off the road by Rebekah and drowning to death was the best decision she's ever made just doesn't make any sense. She might as well had always liked the idea of becoming a vampire. It would make the reaction make more sense.
But it is the extent of the losses. First it was her parents, then it was her biological parents, then it was Jenna and then it was Alaric, losing Matt after all that and after she begged for them to save his life. IDK, I think there is only so much loss one person can take and I believe that Matt would have pushed Elena over the proverbial edge that she was barely holding onto as it was.

The whole thing of Stefan not being able to save both Matt and Elena and let's remember that Stefan most certainly didn't let Elena die, like a few fans have been saying It was purely a badly written way to make Elena a vamp. Stefan has and always will fight for Elena and her life and freedom. He left with Klaus to insure just that. I know that alot of people are confused by him not being able to save both, but that is just one of the many plotholes in this show. You just have to accept it for what it is and try and move on.