Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2010, 09:59 AM
Master Fan

Ok guys you have to see this. Love it I love the comments made about each of their scene.

rebeldesigns: Stefan/Bonnie Picspam: Eyesex

Looking at the pics and scenes they really would look good together so much pretty
Old 06-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Elite Fan

First off, great discussion in here, guys

Even though I like and support SE, I would absolutely love for SB to happen. But it would have to be realistic and believable. I guess you can compare them to Angel/Cordelia in a way, yes.

As much as I like SE, I have to say that what I enjoy most about SB is the fact that they actually show their differences. We can see how they're trying really hard, but that circumstances are always in their way. We can see how he knows that protecting Damon won't get him on Bonnie's good side but he can't help it. She knows that he's a vampire and should probably be killed or at least left alone, yet she can't help but warn him and give him second chances. In a way, that whole good girl / bad boy thing that is supposed to be DE, it's actually SB. Elena in my eyes is not a "good" girl. She has accepted Damon way too easily, I think. No offense, but if someone tried to kill my friends I would have his intestines for lunch. I would not go on a road trip with him, save his butt and then not even think twice about how many people would die because of it. And Damon has "fallen" for Elena so quickly that I find it unbelievable, because it makes me think all he did was project his obsession with Katherine onto Elena. I don't mean to offend DE fans, but this is how I feel. I am all for the good girl / bad boy thing, but it has to be within limits. Damon has crossed the line quite a while ago and so I can't really ship him with any of the girls on the show. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy some of their scenes, though, one of my favorites is still the one with Caroline and Damon in her room when she tries on the dress. Anyway, back to the topic

Like I said, I can see the differences between Stefan and Bonnie, we are shown how they are from different sides. We can see how conflicted they both are and that's what makes it interesting for me. It broke my heart to see Bonnie so disappointed when Stefan was going to kill Amber. Not just because of her, but also because Stefan was so ashamed of himself. He wasn't wallowing in self pity, like he was around Elena, he was merely ashamed. Really and truly ashamed. They communicate with only a few sentences and yet, Stefan is the one who understands her. He's the one who understands that Bonnie just couldn't deactivate the device.

Also, some of you have mentioned that Bonnie was the one comforting Elena right after she almost died. I have to agree, I found that scene incredibly telling. Bonnie is always expected to have an answer. People always come to her to ask her for advice or to cry about their problems.
Bonnie gets possessed by her ancestor and almost dies because Damon ripped her throat open. She's told there are vampires, she's told what's been happening. And yet, it's Elena who's crying at the end and Bonnie who's doing the comforting. Bonnie is the strong one, Elena may be the rash one (like climbing into a house full of vampires...) but it's Bonnie who's strong. I never felt like she was a pushover, she has always stood her ground. She has always had her opinion, she just hasn't always shared it.

It's part of why I think SB could work better than SE. Bonnie knows what she wants, but she's not as self-centered as Elena in trying to achieve her goals. She notices people around her, she actually realizes how they feel. And I think that's more the way that Stefan is as well. A big part of why he is so broody and "in his head" so much is because he notices people around him, he feels for and with them. He sees the misery he and/or Damon spread, whereas Damon only sees his own fun.

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
Old 06-28-2010, 10:56 AM
Elite Fan

"Stefan: Bonnie?

Bonnie: Yes, Stefan?

Stefan: I want your sex.

Bonnie: Mmm. Can't argue with that logic. Okay.

Damon: Wait! Bonneh is mine!

(Stefan and Bonnie tackle each other and proceed to make many, many
vamp-witch babies. Damon is super jealous that he didn't think of it first. The end.)"

Old 06-28-2010, 11:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

Ok, Disturbia, I LOVE that link you posted - it's so adorable and hilarious at the same time, i'm reading it right now hahaha i love it
And sweet_zelda (is ur name Lynn?) I agree with most of what u said. the pb is, I'm a DE shipper and I actually like Elena. but, unlike some (not all, of course!) of my fellow DE shippers, I don't mind Bonnie at all. but getting back on track, i 100% agree with u that SB could work so much better than SE and i agree that SB is also fricking fantastic because it's all about the differences. i'm glad u pointed that out, btw
Argh it annoys me so much these two have soooo much potential!!! If only, if only...

nick jerry jonas

Chloe ✯

Last edited by frecklesandwine; 06-28-2010 at 11:21 AM
Old 06-28-2010, 11:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by frecklesandwine (View Post)
Ok, Disturbia, I love that link you posted - it's so adorable and hilarious at the same time, i'm reading it right now hahaha i love it
And sweet_zelda (is ur name Lynn?) I agree with most of what u said. the pb is, I'm a DE shipper and I actually like Elena. but, unlike some (not all, of course!) of my fellow DE shippers, I don't mind Bonnie at all. but getting back on track, i 100% agree with u that SB could work so much better than SE and i agree that SB is also fricking fantastic because it's all about the differences. i'm glad u pointed that out, btw
Argh it annoys me so much these two have soooo much potential!!! If only, if only...
I still blame the author
Old 06-28-2010, 11:16 AM
Elite Fan

Chloe yes, I'm Lynn I like Elena as well, most of the time. But she has her moments that just make me want to slap her and most of those moments are a result from her growing up so sheltered and doted upon. She lacks the ability to understand what Caroline, for example, is going through because she never experienced rejection, she doesn't know what it's like. That's not necessarily her fault, but it makes her very annoying

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
Old 06-28-2010, 11:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I still blame the author
but the author of what? the books or the script of the show? (btw, i don't think we've ever formally met: i'm Chloe! )

nick jerry jonas

Chloe ✯
Old 06-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Elite Fan

yes but I find Caroline annoying because she takes out her frustration from getting rejected on Elena.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
but the author of what? the books or the script of the show? (btw, i don't think we've ever formally met: i'm Chloe! )
Hey Chloe! Im Bella

yeah I meant the author of the books. she could have done stefan and Bonnie instead of the triangle, and then we wouldn't have the annoying triangle on the show
Old 06-28-2010, 11:25 AM
Extreme Fan

But Bonnie is very different in the books, isn't she? In the books it kinda seems like she's the sheltered one. I do think it would be interesting to see a book where a vampire falls for a witch girl but it probably would have been a very different book.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaRuns (View Post)
But Bonnie is very different in the books, isn't she? In the books it kinda seems like she's the sheltered one. I do think it would be interesting to see a book where a vampire falls for a witch girl but it probably would have been a very different book.
yeah but why does that make a difference? I think book Bonnie and book Stefan would be a perfect match. they are so close in the books, I can't believe the author wasted their potential.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaRuns (View Post)
Hey LolaRuns! What's ur name? Did u see the comment i wrote about u, a few posts back?

Oh and hey Bella it's nice to formally meet you! U seem so sweet

nick jerry jonas

Chloe ✯
Old 06-28-2010, 11:32 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hey LolaRuns! What's ur name? Did u see the comment i wrote about u, a few posts back?

Oh and hey Bella it's nice to formally meet you! U seem so sweet
its nice to meet you too!
Old 06-28-2010, 11:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellagrey13 (View Post)
its nice to meet you too!

Ok, people, unfortunately I have to go! Adios.. I'm off to catch a flight Hopefully see u all later! I'm gonna miss this thread; after all, SB has now become my OTP on VD

nick jerry jonas

Chloe ✯
Old 06-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Ok, people, unfortunately I have to go! Adios.. I'm off to catch a flight Hopefully see u all later! I'm gonna miss this thread; after all, SB has now become my OTP on VD
thats soo cool!!! maybe someday they'll be mine have a safe flight!!!!