Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2016, 06:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

The way that they(the ancestors) killed Davina was horrible, but it was Davina's fault that the ancestors were out to get her.

Time was running out, and Freya had a choice to make. Freya chould have saved Davina or let her brother, sister, and her niece's mother die. Freya choice family and I don't blame her, but it's a no win situation. If there was more time, she would have found another way. And lets be real if the shoe was on the other foot, Davina would have chosen to save the people she loved. Davina wasn't this "innocent kid".
Old 05-08-2016, 09:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswellover73 (View Post)
The way that they(the ancestors) killed Davina was horrible, but it was Davina's fault that the ancestors were out to get her.

Time was running out, and Freya had a choice to make. Freya chould have saved Davina or let her brother, sister, and her niece's mother die. Freya choice family and I don't blame her, but it's a no win situation. If there was more time, she would have found another way. And lets be real if the shoe was on the other foot, Davina would have chosen to save the people she loved. Davina wasn't this "innocent kid".

Yes! That's exactly it. And Davina would've sacrificed the Mikaelsons or whoever without second thought if it meant saving Marcel, heck even Kol. And that's the bottom line. Look at her mere determination to break that sire bond no matter the reprecussions. To be honest I don't even think it was about Josh or Marcel, that was her wanting Kol alive. And I love Kol but she still was willing to sacrifice his siblings for her endgame with Kol. I'm always team family. I just need my Rebekah back like yesterday. She's one of the few women on this show that I love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Anna (View Post)
I would normally be right there with you about hypocritical characters and being team mikaelson until the end, but I personally loved Davina so I'm split with my loyalty.

I think you can't really hold her breaking Klaus' sire bond against her. She was always in fear of Josh and Marcel dying because they were tied to Klaus. She did what was best for her friends/family and no one died in that scenario plus it allowed for Kol and Finn to come back.

If you want to hold Davina accountable for terrible and monsterous actions I would say forcing Hayley to commit mass murder of a bunch of rebel witches is a good reason. And she didn't blame anyone else for that mistake. She owns it. She knows she screwed up badly.

And let's face it she has a right to feel the way she does about the original family. Looking at it from her point of view she had been told from the beginning by Marcel that they couldn't be trusted. This is a guy who saved her life so of course she would side with him automatically. Then seeing how Klaus threw her friend Tim off a balcony and held it over her head that he can heal him if she plays nice, compelled her friend Camille withoht consent, murdered her friend Tim when she refused to be a pawn in Klaus' game to rule NOLA, constantly put Josh in jeopardy by biting him or just plain threatening him…I mean the list is pretty endless and that doesn't even include Elijah and his constant shady behavior toward her as well.

I'm not saying you can't hate Davina or that you can't support the mikaelson family to the end no matter what, but looking at it objectively Davina had every reason to hate them. And this last one is just even more reason.

I understand Davina's thinking which is why I can understand the Mikaelsons as well. They owed her as about little as she owed them. It was her or their family. That becomes a very (hard)easy choice. You know what I mean? That hate can easily flow both ways. Like the family has reasons to hate her too. She's always determined to take them down, well especially Klaus. I would have little patience(consideration) for someone trying to kill me and mine.

Davina at the end of he day is not good for them. I hardly find it out of the realm of possibility for them to believe that. But Klaus wasn't willing to sacrifice her because he just had lost Cami and he knew the kind of pain that would cost Kol. Klaus showed remarkable strength and understanding. I'm just now bummed about him presumably having to fight against Marcel because I actually weirdly like that relationship. I feel like Klaus is Marcel's unofficial big brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthisbeauty (View Post)
This is absolutely true. I just think the way they killed her was awful.

Well, that writers haven't made them essential to the action--that includes Marcel. They had more potential, however.
I can admit that it wasn't the most pleasant way for her to die. But this is not a show where deaths are cathartic and beautiful. People die and they die brutally. The deaths are filled with gore, they are gut wrenching, and they're devastating. It's a vampire show. I can honestly understand it.
Old 05-08-2016, 12:32 PM
Elite Fan

Oh I absolutely get that the hate runs both ways between the mikaelsons and Davina. It's just hard for me to be like, Freya did what she had to to protect her family because there was no other choice…honestly I can't. I don't know if that's my love for Davina clouding my judgement or the fact that there were other choices that they just didn't even consider. I mean they needed a dead NOLA witch to channel power…there's about a hundred witches alive including the regent who are more of a threat to them than Davina because they're helping Lucien and the ancestors. There's also thousands of already dead witches they could have used to channel after resurrecting Davina. Freya could have just used a boundary spell to keep Lucien at bay until Klaus and Hayley could escape with Rebekah. There's a lot of ways that this could have gone down and instead of trying to go the hard route they went with the easy solution and basically damned Davina's soul. Even if there was no love between them and they did what they thought was necessary to protect their family this one event has now set off unimaginable chain reactions. This could have been avoided if they just tried to use their brains and not gone with the easy solution. The only person I honestly feel bad about in all this is Klaus cause now he's the one who uncharacteristically fought for Davina and he's not even defending himself because of loyalty to Elijah and Freya.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

All I gotta say is that thank god Lucian is gone. I could not stomach this character from the first time I set eyes on him. Just hearing his voice grated on my nerves and I am happy he is gone.

I thought there were some good ending scenes.
Loved Vincent scenes, seriously, what a find this actor is...he brings it every time.

Davina was amazing in this episode as well as Marcel and Freya.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll jump on the Thank God Lucien is gone bandwagon, because I never cared for him at all.

Davina, on the other hand . . . someone please tell me there's some possible way for her to come back.
ICON
Old 05-08-2016, 09:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
I'll jump on the Thank God Lucien is gone bandwagon, because I never cared for him at all.

Davina, on the other hand . . . someone please tell me there's some possible way for her to come back.
There's a lot of speculation about it for her staying and going so I don't think we will know anything for sure until after the finale, but Danielle is credited for one more episode in the description for next week.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:38 PM
Master Fan

I'm curious how she'll come back with the ancestors being so petty though
Old 05-09-2016, 03:02 AM
New Fan

Well The Originals is all about family and how far you can go to protect it. So this episode was kind of expected. Especially since Davina was always on a slippery slope with the Mikaelson (she resurrected their dad to kill them...).

Klaus told them to find an other way, but it was BEFORE Lucien get him. Do you seriously think he would blame Elijah and Freya for saving his life and Hayley's ? Yeah right...

I'm just happy that Marcel from season 1 is back ! but this time with Vincent on his side! His character was becoming boring. Being Elijah's lackey was beneath him.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:41 AM
Elite Fan

I don't think Klaus wouldn't have done the same if in Elijah or Freya's place. I'm sure he would be the one to come up with the plan to begin with. The writers however are trying to show that Camille left a somewhat profound impact on his character with the fact that he told them all to find a different way.

What I think is going to cause a rift with the family thus enabling the prophecy to happen is that he wasn't the one to call the shots. Even if he would have done the same he wasn't the one to pull the trigger. However he's reaping all the reprecussions from his siblings choice. He's now at odds with Marcel and also feels he somehow betrayed Camille's memory. So even if we know he would have done the exact same thing in their place he didn't have to. He's innocent by circumstance.
Old 05-09-2016, 06:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

I disagree, if there was no other way of doing it and time was running out, Klaus would have chosen to save his sister and the mother of his child. Do you really think Klaus would have let his sister and the mother if his child die?

I don't understand why some people forget that time was running out and they wanted to find another way.

Last edited by Roswellover73; 05-09-2016 at 06:32 AM
Old 05-09-2016, 11:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I can admit that it wasn't the most pleasant way for her to die. But this is not a show where deaths are cathartic and beautiful. People die and they die brutally. The deaths are filled with gore, they are gut wrenching, and they're devastating. It's a vampire show. I can honestly understand it.
I realize this, but what I meant by awful is that they shredded her soul. How could she come back from that, it seems pretty final. Of course, they always make up something.

Quote:
There's also thousands of already dead witches they could have used to channel after resurrecting Davina.
I was wondering about this but after giving it some thought, I bet they had to use Davina b/c she was half in/half out of the ancestral well. Freya could only get to the well by accessing someone like her who they had separated and was between worlds.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:16 PM
Elite Fan

They were using Davina because she was technically a ghost, but they had her in their world through that spell/candle the way Davina did with Kol's spirit when she was asking him about breaking the sire bonds. So if they had resurrected her they could have then used an already dead witch to bring into the circle and channel to kill Lucien. If there still wasn't enough time to bring Davina back they could have sent her back and then brought that chick with the stone/mother to the regent who was trying to destroy Davina's soul. That would have given Davina enough time to either grab the stone and run or just try to hide somewhere until they could bring her back. There was a ton of other options. They just didn't explore any of them. There was time between when Freya brought up the plan and when they feared Lucien was going to kill Klaus and Hayley. There was time, but the didn't think because they were only thinking about using Davina the whole time.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:08 PM
New Fan

We don't know if they shredded Davina's soul. We didn't see it. We just know that Vincent couldn't reach her. They assumed the worst happened but maybe there is another reason...

Elijah and Freya made a choice. Elijah is perfectly aware of what he did. He choose his family as he always did and will always do (the guy live for that). Same thing for Freya who wanted her family back for centuries (can you really blame her ?).
The prophecy is not just about Klaus. Freya, Elijah, Kol, Rebecca and maybe Hayley and Hope's are also in danger. I know he wanted to be king but Klaus is not. His words are not law. It is easy to tell other people to find another solution because you don't like the first one. What did he do except being beat up by Lucian ? Freya is a powerful witch not santa claus.

I do love Davina, Marcel and Vincent but the writers are right to stop all this buddy buddy things. They return to the roots of season 1. No more new characters but the ones we love and their big rivality.
I don't think we need to choose sides. Everybody is guilty and a murderer so...
Old 05-09-2016, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, if they didn't show it and only assumed then that just leaves it out in the open even more.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:46 PM
Elite Fan

I don't really blame Elijah or Freya. In truth they stayed true to who I know them to be and put their family above all others. It just sucks for me because I love Davina and she was sacrificed for them. As I said I would normally not care about who is expendable because I love the Mikaelsons no matter what, but this just rubbed me wrong because it was a character I cared about and a really brutal way for her to go. I just hope that somehow she was saved from that torment and we just didn't see it.