Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2014, 09:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Emily Thorne wants her red-sharpie back Ms. Plec!

Old 03-11-2014, 10:14 PM
Loyal Fan

This is EFFING stupid

Icon: lolo13
Old 03-11-2014, 10:45 PM
Moderator Manager

JP is going all Emily Thorne on her characters

BEST episode of the season!! Really brought some tears to my eyes.

I'll start Father Kieran by saying you're cool and all, LOVED that you told Marcel that he was only paying the consequences of his action, but I do hope that the Hex thing is dealt with soon because it's kinda of boring atm.

Camille once again had to mention or someone had to mention it, that she does have a degree in psychology (every single time she appears onscreen that has to be mentioned, I get being proud of your degree and all, but please, everybody already knows it, stop talking about it. Her scenes with Davina were cool...

It's nice that Davina had consequences for her actions too, and didn't come up all dandy like nothing had happened. Being depressed and traumatized is the least we would expect of a recently resurrected girl. And I like that she interacted with Camille other than just with Marcel.

Speaking of the devil... dude, you're lame! First you're all in love with Rebekah, than you want to be king.... Guess Klaus was right and you didn't really love Rebekah since you stayed behind because you wanted the city back (same reason why you didn't go after her way back then). It pisses me off that while he was as much culpable and didn't feel any remorse, Rebekah still took all the blame, defending him and facing the wrath of Klaus.
Like for real? You're going to try to get the kingdom out of the hand of the most powerful guy you know? No wonder people like Father Kieran and Genevieve are bluntly telling you that you lost... PATHETIC. And then being all macho in front of your "people" about facing Klaus that was worth the laugh. Just like Elijah banishing him...

Genevieve.... interesting... but still not enough to be commented apart from I LOVED the way you spoke with Marcel... way to put him in his place

All the flashbacks gave me so many feels.... Klebekah Kelijah Mikael, the kids
I really want to know why Mikael hated Klaus even when he was a poor little boy...
I liked that even as kids Elijah had that protective and yet passive way regarding Klaus.
And it was so cute Kid!Klaus being all big brother to Kid!Rebekah
Then when there was flashback of her standing up against Mikael even though you could see she was terrified and then when we saw that she actually tried to kill Mikael in his sleep.... Damn.... I got all these Klebekah feels and now they won't go away

Can I say that for this was the first time in many consecutive episodes that Elijah didn't annoy me? Quite the contrary, I actually really liked him.

Seriously, pissed off, bend on revenge Klaus is the best and Joseph delivered it like a genius. To me the best expression was when Elijah said he looked like their father... Klaus was hurt and at the same time it was like something clicked in his head.

Just wish that both him and Klaus would stop opening their arms after every line to give a sort of impact to it, it's like: "take your best shot" (open arms); "you're a self-righteous whatever" (open arms); "go on" (open arms); "what defense do you have" (open arms); "deal with me" (open arms).... and those are just the ones that come to mind

It's no secret that I have been hating on Rebekah since we found out about her plan to bring Mikael to NOLA way back in 1919, but this episode,even though the writers have already screwed up with her, managed to do some control management and make us care about her again. Too bad that now that we're back at caring about her, she is gone.
Kudos to Claire, because she was phenomenal in her scenes....
I cannot believe that Claire has left the cast of TO... Do they really think that Hayley is a good enough character to be the female lead of the show?
I remember that someone mentioned before the show started that there were too many female regulars on the show... well, JP fixed that problem by getting rid of 2, just don't know if it was the clever choice there (and by that I actually do mean that for Rebekah it's the worst choice ever).

I really will miss Rebekah since she was one of my favorites... but way to go Claire! I think it was the best decision, since the writers were destroying the character.... I'd rather have no Rebekah in the show than being resentful of her.
All the best to Claire and I really hope she gets a new and better gig SOON.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:14 AM
Passionate Fan

I read on IMDB that Claire was leaving. Why? She was the reason I decided to watch the show. Her and Phoebe. I get the impression that its her decision. If so why?

Claire was great in the role of Rebekah.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:46 AM
Elite Fan

I worked last night and just watched the episode and found out this horrible news about Claire an hour ago...still processing no more Rebekah.

The episode was fantastic and emotionally charged, but now even more so knowing Claire Holt isn't staying on the show. I just don't get it. With the crap they put Rebekah through I am kinda glad she's not being subjected to this anymore, but also saddened because...well it's Rebekah Mikaelson!

Anyway...Here's my review:

Flashbacks - Right in the feels . I was getting all the warm and fuzzies at Rebekah and Klaus as kids and then even seeing Rebekah threatening to kill Mikael - this is the family I fell in love with. The one where despite their issues would kill for each other. Also them showing Mikael beating on Klaus as a kid just shows how dark this show is willing to go...I have no illusions that this baby probably won't happen.

Klaus - Loved the mini-trial you had on Rebekah, made me laugh. I'm so glad that you were able to get your shiit together long enough to wish Rebekah well and for her to be free. Just a fantastic episode to watch with you.

Elijah - Meh. You were just there as the peacekeeper and you kinda sucked at that job . I laughed so hard when Klaus made fun of your suits and handkerchiefs. Total BAMF moment when you kicked everyone out and banished Marcel - looking forward to more of that.

Marcel - Ugh! Haven't we done the whole "I'm gonna fight everyone to be King" thing? Ya lost...hard.

Hayley - Nice to see you and Rebekah have your "girl power" moment, but you chilling in the woods with other hillbilly wolves is not what I want to see.

Davina - Damn girl you cannot catch a break. I like that she's going to be hanging with Ginger for a bit, but I don't want her sucked into the crazy witch crap.

Ginger - Why you let them go when you wanted Rebekah dead ? Makes no sense, but whatever. I'm looking forward to see you and your crazy ass running things.

Father K - Don't. Die.

Camille - GO. AWAY.

Rebekah - Oh my god girl don't leave it like that . I am torn between elation that you are no longer getting destroyed by Plec, but I also don't want you to leave. I'm so happy that they brought everything back to who you really were... loyal. You were painted as always there for Klaus on TVD and they lost that on TO, but glad they brought it back...now come back !

And this is me right now:
Old 03-12-2014, 04:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This was a beautiful, beautiful episode.
I really love the episodes where there are only "originals family" scenes (most of the time).
But now I'm sad. I cried like an idiot

Nicky
Old 03-12-2014, 07:11 AM
Master Fan

This episode broke my heart into tiny little pieces and made me cry and when I mean cry I mean I was sobbing by the end of it. This was all I ever wanted since I heard of the spin-off, focus on my favorite dysfunctional family and now I won't really get that because Rebekah is gone! And I'm stuck with Camille and Hayley!

The Mikaelsons: I can't even. I just can't. That little Klebekah flashback in the beginning with Klaus being all sweet and protective and loving of his baby sister and then Elijah teaching Klaus how to hunt and then them all playing. And Rebekah trying to kill Mikael to protect Klaus? She tried to kill Mikael to protect Klaus!!! All the scenes with the three of them on the cemetery were amazing. They have such great chemistry together and Joseph, Claire and Daniel all played their parts very well.

Klaus: MY BABY!!! My baby, I'm so proud of him and so sad for him. I know he loves his family, but I also know he's damaged and broken and that he has lots of issues and flaws and those things always get in between his relationship with them. But I'm so glad he let Rebekah go, I'm so proud, because this show some great character development for him. Also, can I get angry and vengeful Klaus all weeks, please? He's the best. Oh and that scene at the end.

Rebekah: I have been angry at her for a very long time and the character assassination she suffered was too much for me to handle, but they brought my Rebekah back in this episode and she was perfect, she was amazing and then they took her away from me again! But I'm satisfied with the ending they gave her, if she had stayed, there's no doubt in my mind that she would be destroyed even further. It's better for her character, but not better for the show, I just lost one of my biggest reasons to watch and the show lost it's only likable female lead, which is bad. And kudos to Claire, she was amazing in every single one of her scenes, she even made me cry during the Rebekah/Hayley scene, like WTF? Anyway, I wish her all the best in her career.

Elijah: I think I like him again. My relationship with him has been on and off since the show started, right now it's on, I loved him today, trying to protect Rebekah and still remaining by Klaus's side. His love and loyalty to Klaus warms my heart, but I fear his mission to save his brother will back fire.

Marcel: what's even the point of him? He doesn't stand a chance against Klaus and Elijah, so what the hell is he doing?

Davina: I'm so glad she's back and I hope they explore this post-traumatic stress she's suffering right now. And poor little baby, she has no one that cares for her without wanting anything in return.

Cami...

Hayleys: the episode are a lot better when you and your duck face are gone.

Father K: please don't die.

Just to finish: Is a Klebekah hug too much to ask?? I wanted a hug!

Oh, and **** you, Julie Plec! **** you.

» Bella
Old 03-12-2014, 10:01 AM
Master Fan

Oh how many flawless reviews in this thread... I was too busy sobbing last night to write mine so I guess I can write something now since I'm at work and I can't cry anyways. *tho I am still listening to walkabout and holding the feels*

So let's start with the easy stuff

Marcel - Not that I'm surprised you obviously can't leave the show so you have to stay, I just wanted to hear you saying it was for Davina or something that made me not hate you even more but NOPE. You're still gross and still an idiot. Please die as soon as possible.

Cami - I like that you kinda care for Davina, but I was too involved in the Originals scenes to pay much attention to you so.

Davina - Same thing, everyone knows how much I love you bb, but last night's episode wasn't the correct one to have you back because I could barely pay attention to your scenes.

Father K - YOU WERE BRILLIANT. I LOVE YOU, PLEASE DON'T DIE. Even if I don't watch the show anymore, I NEED YOU THERE AND I SWEAR I'LL WATCH YOUR CLIPS NEXT EPISODE.

Hayley - Well you were there for one scene so... and that scene was great because of Rebekah so...

Elijah - I have this love/hate relationship with you... everytime you're around your siblings is love and everytime you're making stupid decisions and/or you're with Hayley makes me hate you/not care for you. But I enjoyed the scenes in this episode, I also appreciated that they put you to sleep for a bit because I needed Klaus and Rebekah on their own, so good for that, sorry you were daggered again btw. And your scene with Rebekah? was cute, not as painful as everything else, I am sure character-wise you'll talk to each other on the phone from time to time and stuff so yeah.

Klaus - You were amazing as this insane matha****er in the first few scenes, you spoke so much truth! Mostly about Rebekah's devotion towards Marcel and a few things to Elijah, you cracked me up also and at the end you had me SOBBING. YOU ****ING PRICK! Why did you have to care for her so much but do everything wrong for centuries? the right intentions, but the wrong actions, man. I felt bad for you in the flashbacks of course, but felt very satisfied with your last scene, you were still hurt, you were still doing it in a way for you, because you couldn't go on with Rebekah by your side like nothing had happened, but you also did it FOR HER. Because you know, that in all those years, she wanted something you wouldn't let her have and you ignored your pride, your pain and showed YOUR LOVE for her by letting her go. ****. THE FEELS.

Rebekah - I couldn't stop rolling my eyes at your devotion for Marcel, but other than that you were pretty flawless. You were also hurt, you said things you didn't mean, maybe things you thought of but didn't really feel. You stood up for yourself and had the best scenes in this episode, with Elijah, with Hayley and of course with Klaus. Not to mention that everytime I find a picture, gif , etc of you smiling while driving off NOLA, I am going to sob like a child because even after that mess of plots Plec gave you, even after Plec pretty much killed your character, you were still my favorite and this show just won't be the same without you. EVER.

Flashback scenes, you broke my heart. DAMN YOU. You know is going to suck when you cry in the first scene of the god damn episode! Klebekah as kids broke my heart and then seeing Rebekah defending Klaus and almost killing Mikael for him. Just. I was so happy to see what we saw for one entire season in TVD, Rebekah caring for Klaus, Rebekah loving him above anyone else. REBEKAH BEING LOYAL.

Klaus in the end, when he said nothing and did nothing to Marcel, part of me wanted him to kill him but also part of me understood that he wasn't in the mood for more fights, he was broken and you could see it when he lets Rebekah go and he's crying. But in case we "weren't sure" they had him go to his memories box and get that toy. AFTER 1000 YEARS HE KEPT THAT TOY. In his twisted way, he was keeping his promise to Rebekah, that he was always going to be there, yes he did horrible things to her, yes he was selfish and didn't begin to understand how much he was hurting her, but he loved her the best for many years, and no one can take that away from me
Old 03-12-2014, 10:17 AM
Master Fan

Goddammit, May! Why would you write those things about Klaus and Rebekah? Don't make me cry in public!!!

I never shipped Klebekah they way you did, they've always been my brotp, but lately I wasn't feeling it and this episode just brought everything back!

» Bella
Old 03-12-2014, 10:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilicat (View Post)
Goddammit, May! Why would you write those things about Klaus and Rebekah? Don't make me cry in public!!!

I never shipped Klebekah they way you did, they've always been my brotp, but lately I wasn't feeling it and this episode just brought everything back!
I shipped them in every way so imagine how I feel right now, not only cause of the ship but because of Rebekah/Claire not coming back.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:48 AM
Master Fan

Ugh I can't survive this show without klebekah and I can't survive it with these utterly boring females. The borecologist, the pregnant duck and even the cute witch and ginger witch aren't enough to make this show ORIGINAL. Why? Because I came here for originals damn it. Apparently Claire didn't sign a full season

The only thing making me happy if that I get to see Plec tank and fail. Kyle XY all over again, suck it chubby
Old 03-12-2014, 11:04 AM
Master Fan

If it was the producer's decision, I am kinda glad they let her go like a Queen instead of keeping her around just to ruin her, but I think is unfair to get rid of Claire, the best actress in the show, and the favorite female character/best female character. It's unfair for the viewers/fans and for Claire.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:51 AM
New Fan

Hi Everyone,
I am relatively new to this forum, and wanted to chat about The Originals! I started watching the program when it first came to the CW. I LOVE Elijah and Hayley!

I am on the fence about last night's episode. It was a tough one to watch. Aside from the acting, which was fantastic, I don't know about the rest. I have been having some major feels for Klaus, although I am such a fan of Elijah! I think that Klaus did what he did because he felt it was the right thing to do. He was protecting his sister. I have no idea how Rebekah betrayed him? I think that Rebekah went WAY too far last night! She owes Klaus an apology. Instead, Klaus asked her what she wanted, again wanting to help her, and she said basicaly she wanted to leave. She left without saying anything, without even a kiss goodbye to Klaus. The person who years ago, whenthey were chuldren, helped and protected her. And, then she drives off with a smile on her face. She really aggravated me. Klaus has been getting so upset about his family. I think Elijah gets it, but, Rebekah, no.

As far as Claire leaving, or, permanently, I'm taking it all with a grain of salt. Until I see an interview with her or Julie Plec, I'm taking it with a grain of salt. There are TONS of gossip mags who twist everything around, just to get publicity. They all say the same thing. It just doesn't jive. I only believe a true source.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:27 PM
Master Fan

Well, I'll miss Rebekah. Claire Holt really owned that character.

And loved that Klaus still had that toy knight after 1000 years. That being said, they were vikings living in America. They didn't have knights.

Claire's mentioned coming back as a guest star. But lets be honest, she's not Canadian like most of the VD's character, or even the guy playing Elijah. She's Australian. Living in Atlanta couldn't have been that easy.

Elijah was in a box for half the first season, because he has another show in Canada. I don't believe anyone is to blame, things just work out like this sometimes.

Cami, you tried at least.

Marcel, your hardly needed anymore.

Wolf Girl, pop the kid out already. This is taking too long.

): )
Old 03-12-2014, 12:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

I can't stand the character of Cami. I hope JP doesn't plan on making her a lead in to fill the hole left by the exit of Rebekah.

Last edited by SassyCat; 03-12-2014 at 12:53 PM