Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2019, 10:55 PM
Graphics Team Manager

^ We won't make the board go back to dark as we no longer do boards like that for that reason

Yeah that's my point about Rebekah. I just want to question her necessity as I don't feel like she would've been in the show as much as others if she was no longer a main after that first season?

Maybe you could go with those 5 from TVD (if others agree) & then either 4 from TO or have either Rebekah or Hope as the 5th?

Its a shame we can't do more than one graphic for you. I'd love that on my board too & I imagine other franchise boards would too

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-17-2019, 04:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I would include Rekebah due to how she is one of the originals and she was around on The Vampire Diaries for majority of the time that Klaus|Elijah was, so I would consider her important

I would do Alaric over Matt where yes Matt was in ever single episode [I believe] but he was more a minor character where Alaric had some very important dynamics and storylines

Hope I would take or leave her where she would be one to add if there's room personally

Going to properly read though this and post my character ideas

Last edited by crash landing; 01-17-2019 at 06:10 AM
Old 01-17-2019, 05:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

My two cents~

- Elena to me is the central character even though she's not on the show for a couple seasons, because she's still alive in those and present in storylines, it's just the actress taking a break and coming back for the finale But maybe making her AND Damon/Stefan bigger works?

- Matt was around more often than Alaric but like Sarah said, Alaric had bigger storylines and crossed over with TO, too. If I had to pick one of them to be in the graphic, I'd say Alaric for sure. Of course if you wanna add Matt there I'm all for it!

- Rebekah is definitely important enough because of her part in TVD! She was there since season 2 of TVD. And is one of the originals, I think it'd be weird to have Klaus and Elijah without her. She was in 38 episodes of TVD and 37 of TO, while Freya for example was only on 60 of TO.

- I'd like Hope there (she's the recurring plot of TO) and if she makes it there we should have Danielle Rose Russell's version since it's the oldest/most updated version of Hope to appear on TO.

Quote:
Now your colours I'm concerned about the boldness of that combination of shades. I fear that they're all too dark & would be too harsh on the eyes without some more softer colours. Would you mind some softer versions of those shades added in or do you want to look into something different? If we went with soft tones we could do more pale green or more pale orange (or whatever you'd call the 2nd & 3rd shades going down) shades? The top one softened would be pink which we can do but I think that's a no go if I'm remembering right & not sure if it'd fit the shows either but it is an option too if you want it
I'm personally open to any colors tbh, it was just a suggestion but I'm not attached to it exactly so I trust your judgement

Oh and as far as a Rebekah picture, how about this one:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/phot...2-1280-960.jpg
?
Old 01-17-2019, 05:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

So overall 11 characters I feel strongly should be considered but than additional 4 more which would put it at 15 characters Ultimately I would consider 13 characters where think Jeremy is possible important enough and feel like Cami additionally is important enough to be included I would consider Davina to have a witch presence from TO which would bring it up to 14. Than very last would be Hope to finalize it out to 15

Had a look at other franchise boards and were mainly 11 my old BSG had 12 and think that was pushing it

So ultimately think we should try to keep it at 11-12

Additionally had a look at Twilight where its got 15 but many of the characters are much smaller so would be hard to indicate which should be smaller because between the 2 shows feel there's 3 characters from each that should be main focus [Elena, Damon, Stefan] [Klaus, Elijah, Hayley]
Here are 11 characters I feel need to be on the banner

- Elena
- Damon
- Stefan
- Bonnie
- Caroline
- Alaric

- Klaus
- Elijah
- Rekebah

- Hayley
- Marcel

Here are the rest I would consider

- Jeremy [his seeing the ghosts and his hunter storyline is one reason to why consider him plus being "brother-cousin-whatever" to Elena]
- Cami [I feel she's to be considered due to her importance to both Marcel|Klaus]

- Davina [primary witch of the series and her importance mainly to Marcel]
- Hope [daughter of Hayley|Klaus -- very last on my listing]
Really am with the current color scheme that we have - feel like the purple works really well. So I don't know if a purple|blue could work though am curious about the suggestion of pink

Last edited by crash landing; 01-17-2019 at 06:11 AM
Old 01-18-2019, 04:52 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That individual of Rekebah works well, thanks Tar

As soon as you reach 8 you're looking at small faces. I'm going to be honest here - its nicer to have an even amount of characters from the two shows if you can. I look at NCIS & it makes me sad that at the time we didn't include 4 characters from each show. I just feel that the one with only 3 is lacking. I also feel we're showing preference to the other shows. I just associate equal with being fair. Just my 2 cents anyway

The must haves then are:
• Elena
• Damon
• Stefan
• Bonnie
• Caroline
• Klaus
• Elijah
• Rekebah
• Hayley
• Marcel

That gives you ten, five from each. Then discuss your other possibilities of Alaric, Hope, Jeremy, Cami, Davina. We could include all if wanted but your characters will be small. Alarc seems to be a favourite being thrown around so maybe yes to him & someone else from The Originals? Or if Alaric is in both shows (well all) he could just be the smallest on the banner & #11?

Quote:
I'm personally open to any colors tbh, it was just a suggestion but I'm not attached to it exactly so I trust your judgement
Tar hmm ok then. What sort of colours do you all like? What sort of colours fit the shows? Might be a starting place

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-18-2019, 04:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Those 10 look good where I strongly strongly feel Alaric making 11 truthfully

If we are thinking Alaric + somebody from Originals? I would think either Cami or Hope I would lean more towards Cami personally myself associated to how important she was to both Marcel than Klaus plus I think she had an important arc herself thoughout her 3 seasons

The others [Hope, Jeremy, Davina, Cami] are ones to me that can be left out

I'm gonna try to find some color schemes as well different shades of purple? unless someone can find a purple|blue mixture? otherwise was thinking a blue|gray? also thought what about a purple|pink?

https://www.design-seeds.com/seasons...r/tiled-blues/ - Trying to think blue|gray?

https://www.design-seeds.com/seasons...lor-blossom-3/ - Either first [first left or first right] than 2-3 from the left [maybe even the 4th?]

https://www.design-seeds.com/in-natu...lor-nature-60/ - Starting from the top 1-2-3 [maybe even the 4th?]

https://www.design-seeds.com/in-natu.../rose-tones-3/ - Going from the Top related to the first 4?

https://www.design-seeds.com/in-natu...flora-hues-61/ - Going from bottom of the first 4?

Last edited by crash landing; 01-18-2019 at 05:49 AM
Old 01-18-2019, 05:37 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

If you're not finding a colour scheme that you like completely, could you just make your own? Otherwise it's just too confusing.

Also, please just link to the colour schemes instead of putting them in spoilers.
Old 01-18-2019, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I honestly have never done make my own before are you able too Tar? make color palates?

Oh sorry I'll fix that related to links now

So ultimately I was thinking

- Blue|Gray
- Purple shades
- Purple main with pink to make two toned?

Also no idea if there's a "muted red" that could be used just along the lines of "blood" being a big theme related to "vampires" and "supernatural"

Additionally no idea what a purple|blue would be like or even purple|gray?

I'm really am still leaning towards Purple? so see what Tar thinks of the examples I posted and maybe she can figure me out

Last edited by crash landing; 01-18-2019 at 06:09 AM
Old 01-18-2019, 07:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'd rather have Hope than Cami #twocents

Like I said I do like our purple-ness and I do like the idea of some red-ish/pink-ish tones with it. Also green-ish connects to nature/the woods which works for the show, too.

How about these colors:

- https://www.design-seeds.com/slow-li...fresh-hues-40/
?
Old 01-18-2019, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Maybe just add Alaric and leave it at 11

Like the idea of the bottom 2? plus the top one?

Did you have a look at the ones I linked?
Old 01-18-2019, 07:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't mind stopping at Alaric, it's a good number of people

Out of the ones you posted, these I like, they go with the purple-ish/green-ish thing I was talking about:

https://www.design-seeds.com/in-natu...lor-nature-60/
https://www.design-seeds.com/in-natu.../rose-tones-3/
https://www.design-seeds.com/in-natu...flora-hues-61/
Old 01-18-2019, 07:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

than let's for sure stop with the 10 that Chelle listed along with Alaric I was thinking if possible - all the same size without anyone bigger?
• Elena
• Damon
• Stefan
• Bonnie
• Caroline
• Alaric
• Klaus
• Elijah
• Rekebah
• Hayley
• Marcel

We the mods have agreed on these 11 though anybody else have an opinion? associated to others that post here with us
I honestly don't know about purplish|green for some reason can't imagine it

Almost thinking should just stick with purple instead of trying to mix something in with it I for some reason can't imagine a purple|green me though would be more Purple|Pink?

Last edited by crash landing; 01-18-2019 at 08:57 AM
Old 01-18-2019, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

it's certainly different, but it kind of hurts my eyes
Old 01-18-2019, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The green? that's my thing too I feel that its too "different" mixing in with the purple

Not sure if her original suggestion https://www.design-seeds.com/slow-li...fresh-hues-40/ works though cause its a softer green but still not sure on it think this scheme over the 3 above if speaking green's
Old 01-18-2019, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I was picturing something like this: Alycia Debnam-Carey - Fan Forum
But maybe a tad darker.