Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2019, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forwood4Bamon (View Post)
and now everyone hates tyler.
Not true Tyler fans were simply the more respectful part of the fandom and we weren't as vocal as the haters in pressuring the writers online about who Caroline should be with.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-15-2019, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

You're definitely right about that
Old 06-15-2019, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

It makes me sad to think that the writers of the show can be so easily influenced by screaming fans online nowadays TVD was a prime example of that.

Tyler was such a nuanced character and you could see the good in him when he transformed - the fear, the loneliness, the desperation to be ~normal~ yet by Season 3, all of that is forgotten because the writers thought a bad guy like Klaus was what the fans wanted to see more of even though he basically ruined Tyler and Caroline's lives.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-15-2019, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It was, JP just catered to whichever fandom harrassed her the most on twitter - it's interesting, because they would say that most horrible things one week, & then shower her with praise when they got something they wanted, it must have been kind of addictive for her
Old 06-15-2019, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Totally agree They knew exactly how to cater to the fanbase. Same thing happened with the Stefan/Elena/Damon triangle. By Season 4, it was all about who Elena showed the most skin with rather than romanticism

How anybody could have been pro-Klaus in this situation when he literally USED TYLER'S BODY TO MANIPULATE CAROLINE INTO INTIMACY is just beyond me
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-15-2019, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I don't get it at all, which I'm glad about tbh...
Old 06-16-2019, 02:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

People actually think of that scene in 4x01 as pro-Klaroline.

Zero logic in that, because Caroline clearly thought she was being intimate with Tyler.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-16-2019, 03:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, Tyler was the only one she wanted - Klaus was just this guy hanging around making them both miserable.
Old 06-16-2019, 04:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

And the irony is that he always claimed to be Tyler's superior, yet he NEEDED his body to fool Caroline into kissing him.

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-16-2019, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think his obsession over Caroline came about because he couldn't control Tyler, so he wanted to take everything he could from him...
Old 06-16-2019, 05:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I also think that's exactly what it was. That episode in Season 3 when it's Caroline's birthday and Klaus coldly orders Tyler to bite her -- there was no excuse for it, and what's really sick to me is that Tyler AGAIN has to rely on Klaus' help in the same episode to heal her.

The whole logic of how their -sire bond- worked and controlled Tyler was really disgusting.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-16-2019, 05:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It was, & that's why the story should have been Tyler defeating Klaus in the end...

Tyler did something that no one else had ever been able to do to Klaus, & even though he knew that he was risking his life, Tyler pushed harder & harder to free himself. I think that that made Klaus jealous in a way, & he knew that Caroline was a big part of the reason as to why Tyler was able to pull away from him... so that made him want Caroline imo.
Old 06-16-2019, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Tyler never got the ending he deserved. It totally sucks. He worked so hard to separate himself from the sire bond and make up for the fact that Caroline had almost died due to what Klaus had ordered him to do... Then in the end, he ends up like Stefan did. -- Hating Klaus but not being able to do anything about it.

Klaus had this annoying way of wrapping Caroline around his finger by talking about his past and luring her in with artistic drawings and promises of taking her around the world etc... It was all just fancy talk and his way of trying to make her forget all the terrible things he did to destroy her relationship with Tyler. (Including killing Carol Lockwood.)
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-16-2019, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I agree, Tyler deserved way better. He deserved his freedom & a happy life away from all this drama - with Caroline, it's what they both deservesd

It's interesting, because Klaus's way of going after Caroline was actually pretty shallow. Like with the bracelet... I remember people comparing it to the bracelet Tyler got her & saying that Klaus 'deserves' her more because his was more expensive. But that somes him up, it's money & power, it's not actual heart. Tyler gave her a charm bracelet that had things connected to her & their relationship on it, it had way more feeling behind it & proved how well he knew her.

I don't get how anyone can not understand which gift shows love more there...
Old 06-16-2019, 06:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
It's interesting, because Klaus's way of going after Caroline was actually pretty shallow. Like with the bracelet... I remember people comparing it to the bracelet Tyler got her & saying that Klaus 'deserves' her more because his was more expensive. But that somes him up, it's money & power, it's not actual heart. Tyler gave her a charm bracelet that had things connected to her & their relationship on it, it had way more feeling behind it & proved how well he knew her.
Excellent post That's really gross how people value a relationship based on money more than love.

Like Caroline said, it's easy for Klaus to buy things. It's about control. It ultimately doesn't mean anything in the long run because he makes views on her based on the the fact that she's in high school.

Tyler knew her since they were kids. Their connection went far beyond sex or being supernatural creatures.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen