Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2011, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower 654 (View Post)
Sorry about that Shu. It's just in my nature to defend Tyler. I think I'm on edge because I have a horrible gut feeling that they're going to ruin such an amazing couple. If MT and CA didn't have such increbily hot chemistry and weren't so good together maybe it wouldn't hurt so bad.
Don't apologize. I love Tyler and if you guys hadn't spoken up, I would have.

I am sorry, but I definately think tyler is loyal to caroline. Why should he be loyal to the rest of the group? They don't care about him nor know him from adam?

As for the mother scene, that was ALL about being loyal to Caroline. He may have assumed that his mother knew, but the reason he revealed himself was so she would know what Caroline has done for him. Why would he be the only one seeking her out when her own bff didn't seem to know or care? He was the one that went to her mother. I think its very far-fetched to say Tyler is not loyal to Caroline.

I don't know how Caroline behave, but I fear they will throw Tyler under a bus in order to justify whatever she may do in reaction to this sl.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:50 PM
Passionate Fan

I like both characters. I think they've both shown lots of flaws but they bring out the best in eachother. And unless there are outside interferences, I have no reason to doubt Caroline's loyalty. That's not to say that I'm questioning Tyler's loyalty either because we've seen in the last episode that Caroline can bring him back to earth when he goes straying. She really is his anchor.

T/C - P/Q - Z/W - R/H - ES & AG
Reina |tumblr
Old 10-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I can see it from both sides so I've stayed out of this argument.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
But, I still don't see any loyalty on his part. I still feel like Caroline has shown more loyalty towards him than he has.
Okay, how do you want him to show loyalty? I don't understand. He can't control the whole Klaus thing. It's like a thrall. And how do you think Caroline has shown more loyalty to him? Because honestly, she's very loyal to the Salvatores first and foremost.

As far as the thing with his mom, he confronted her because he knew Caroline was in trouble. I took "you don't know about me, do you" as more of a rhetorical question to show how how misinformed his mom was. And even if she thought she knew, he still did it. I don't get that would make any less of an impact.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
I think that was why I was surprised by the debate. But, we are all going to have our povs. I think this is a test for TC and I just hope they pass.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I'm gonna follow your lead Kate

T/C - P/Q - Z/W - R/H - ES & AG
Reina |tumblr
Fan Forum Hero

I'm just very worried about the writing for Caroline right now. It's looking pretty obvious that Tyler's about to go down a very dark path, but if they have Caroline give up on him so easily it's really going to make it hard for me to root for her. I love T/C don't get me wrong, but I must admit my first loyalty is to Tyler. I didn't mean fall to fall so hard for his character, but I did and watching him get thrown under the bus yet again is getting really old for me.
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by covington (View Post)
As for the mother scene, that was ALL about being loyal to Caroline. He may have assumed that his mother knew, but the reason he revealed himself was so she would know what Caroline has done for him. Why would he be the only one seeking her out when her own bff didn't seem to know or care? He was the one that went to her mother. I think its very far-fetched to say Tyler is not loyal to Caroline.
Point taken. I didn't mean to say that Tyler is not loyal to Caroline at all. I just feel like he's lacking it a bit more than Caroline is. I feel like Caroline is showing it more than he is. It just irks me that he's lacking in the sensitive chip in regards to the Rebekkah bit, like I said, he's said it to Caroline's face that he thinks Rebekka has got the right moves; or something to that effect. Which just bothers me.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

Yeah I see it from both sides too.

So the thread is almost done. Anybody got any ideas for a new title?
Old 10-23-2011, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Reina

I'm probably the only one of us who didn't have a problem with 2X13.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbabytooth (View Post)
Point taken. I didn't mean to say that Tyler is not loyal to Caroline at all. I just feel like he's lacking it a bit more than Caroline is. I feel like Caroline is showing it more than he is. It just irks me that he's lacking in the sensitive chip in regards to the Rebekkah bit, like I said, he's said it to Caroline's face that he thinks she's got the right moves. Which just bothers me.
Honestly I really did not see that as a sign of disloyalty but more a symptom of the siring effect.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
I'm probably the only one of us who didn't have a problem with 2X13.
I'm right there with you. I didn't really have a problem with that episode either.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not excusing what Tyler said about Rebekah, but it was a off handed comment I highly doubt he was trying to hurt Caroline. Tyler is part werewolf and vampire he not only has to battle his wolf side now he has to handle the bloodlust also. Tyler is going through something not even the Salvatore brothers have had to face he's been sired which makes his situation a thousand times worser so yea I'm defintely cutting him some slack.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by covington (View Post)
Honestly I really did not see that as a sign of disloyalty but more a symptom of the siring effect.
Really? Well I guess like someone said, to each his own. Because I saw it more of a inconsistency and lack of being sensitive towards Caroline's feelings type of thing. But I guess we'll see on the next episode how they both will be.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Jackie