Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-26-2011, 07:15 PM
Master Fan

God, his eyes just light up when he says "Hi, Rachel."

And you know Britt, we got to see Jesse every single time he interacted with Rachel. The only time I felt like we saw Jesse St. James was when he was consulting with ND and critiquing them.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
Old 05-26-2011, 08:34 PM
Master Fan

He goes from "Judge, judge, I can't believe you just blew Nationals...Hi Rachel, you're amazing and gorgeous and I love you ".

OMG They've set this all up for next season. I feel it.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

I am just as baffled as Jesse is in this scene.

"Why are you here, Jesse?"
"For you."

What he was really thinking...

(God, woman I love you, I flew all the way over here to see you, I told you that you were more important to me then fame, and YOU'RE STILL NOT GETTING THE MESSAGE THAT I LOVE YOU. Or are you just in denial?)

"I used to think that fame was the only thing that mattered, and now I realize that there's something that matters to me more."
I find it odd how Ryan is the one who wrote this episode, and therefore made Jesse say that.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:44 PM
Master Fan

And then Brad, who is supposed to be our Jesse champion, wrote New York.

Like who are these people? Where's the man who wrote Dream On?

I have a feeling it was all the death threats.

Jesse's so in love with her it kills me. I don't even want to 'ship them anymore because of how Rachel acts towards him here. Not a "Hey Jesse! Thanks for flying all the way out to NY to surprise me at Nationals and support me and watch me makeout on stage with my ex-boyfriend who started a fight with you at prom because of his jealousy and is now saying you're jealous of him! How was the flight? Where are you staying? There's room in my bed."

But, they are my OTP. I'll go down with this 'ship so matter how bitchtastic Rachel becomes. But if she keeps this up I might just 'ship Jesse/happiness and give 2 shts about her future in Lima, OH.

That was ranty...I'll get off here.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

I love his hair.

Someone needs to write a fanfic where JR have an affair.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:09 PM
Master Fan

Like as a TA and a student? OMG the hottness that would ensue in the broom closet after 4th period everyday.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:44 AM
Extreme Fan

my vote is for #30
Old 05-27-2011, 12:55 AM
Master Fan

Ok guys...

The FINAL ROUND. Which means instead of voting for the one we don't want..VOTE FOR THE ONE YOU WANT TO WIN!

Make it count.

#30 is out!

Rachel & Jesse
SEASON ONE
Q U O T E
Survivor

------------------------
{FINAL ROUND}
------------------------

Rules:
vote for your least favorite quote by number
first quote to five votes is eliminated
you can only vote once per round
in the final round, vote for your favorite quote

------------------------------------------------

O N E
Eliminated in Round 31

T W O
Eliminated in Round 5

T H R E E
Eliminated in Round 25

F O U R
Eliminated in Round 22

F I V E
Eliminated in Round 21

S I X
Eliminated in Round 26

S E V E N
Eliminated in Round 3

E I G H T
Eliminated in Round 27

N I N E
Eliminated in Round 16

T E N

E L E V E N
Eliminated in Round 19

T W E L V E
Eliminated in Round 13

T H I R T E E N
Eliminated in Round 4

F O U R T E E N
Eliminated in Round 1

F I F T E E N
Eliminated in Round 28

S I X T E E N
Eliminated in Round 36

S E V E N T E E N
Eliminated in Round 24

E I G H T E E N
Eliminated in Round 8

N I N E T E E N
Eliminated in Round 37

T W E N T Y
Eliminated in Round 2

T W E N T Y - O N E
Eliminated in Round 20

T W E N T Y - T W O
Eliminated in Round 18

T W E N T Y - T H R E E
Eliminated in Round 9

T W E N T Y - F O U R
Eliminated in Round 15

T W E N T Y - F I V E
Eliminated in Round 17

T W E N T Y - S I X
Eliminated in Round 29

T W E N T Y - S E V E N
Eliminated in Round 23

T W E N T Y - E I G H T
Eliminated in Round 11

T W E N T Y - N I N E

T H I R T Y
Eliminated in Round 38

T H I R T Y - O N E
Eliminated in Round 30

T H I R T Y - T W O
Eliminated in Round 14

T H I R T Y - T H R E E
Elimnated in Round 35

T H I R T Y - F O U R
Eliminated in Round 6

T H I R T Y - F I V E
Eliminated in Round 7

T H I R T Y - S I X
Eliminated in Round 12

T H I R T Y - S E V E N
Eliminated in Round 10

T H I R T Y - E I G H T
Eliminated in Round 34

T H I R T Y - N I N E
Eliminated in Round 33

F O R T Y
Eliminated in Round 32

Have Fun!!
Old 05-27-2011, 12:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrittnoel21x (View Post)
Jesse's so in love with her it kills me. I don't even want to 'ship them anymore because of how Rachel acts towards him here. Not a "Hey Jesse! Thanks for flying all the way out to NY to surprise me at Nationals and support me and watch me makeout on stage with my ex-boyfriend who started a fight with you at prom because of his jealousy and is now saying you're jealous of him! How was the flight? Where are you staying? There's room in my bed."

But, they are my OTP. I'll go down with this 'ship so matter how bitchtastic Rachel becomes. But if she keeps this up I might just 'ship Jesse/happiness and give 2 shts about her future in Lima, OH.
Oh I know, there were moments in this ep that had me reaching for Santana's voodoo doll. The writing for Rachel in this episode pained me.

I'm kind of confused about what the writers are trying to achieve (and maybe they are too?) Ok, I'm not even going to pretend to be unbiased but in the last few eps we've seen Jesse come back to apologise, make her truly happy at Prom, tell her she's more important to him than fame and fly to New York for her. Why bother with all that? Normally I'd be thinking it was awesome foreshadowing but this is Glee so...

And as for her and Finn, was there anything that pointed to Rachel expecting them to last beyond graduation? This is their endgame* couple? (A girl who's off to New York to follow her dreams and a boy who can't dream big and would be useful in New York for lifting heavy things?) Fair enough that Finn and Rachel got back together - that was always going to happen - but the writing in this episode doesn't make them seem like a long term thing. But I don't even know if that was deliberate because the characterisation is so up and down.

* I don't know if RIB ever said endgame or if fans have made that one up.

#29 to win.

Kat | icon |
Old 05-27-2011, 01:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

final two uh thinks

i love the title
Old 05-27-2011, 01:35 AM
Elite Fan

#29 to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver lining (View Post)
Fair enough that Finn and Rachel got back together - that was always going to happen - but the writing in this episode doesn't make them seem like a long term thing. But I don't even know if that was deliberate because the characterization is so up and down.
As inevitable as it was for them to get back together it does seem like it's also inevitably not going to last but who knows what the writers intentions were
-Safe
Old 05-27-2011, 02:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh I know, there were moments in this ep that had me reaching for Santana's voodoo doll. The writing for Rachel in this episode pained me.
I really wanted a copy of that voodoo doll after the ep. Wonder if they are selling it on ebay.

Quote:
I'm kind of confused about what the writers are trying to achieve (and maybe they are too?) Ok, I'm not even going to pretend to be unbiased but in the last few eps we've seen Jesse come back to apologise, make her truly happy at Prom, tell her she's more important to him than fame and fly to New York for her. Why bother with all that? Normally I'd be thinking it was awesome foreshadowing but this is Glee so...
I really hope it all means something. That's the most buildup for any relationship on the entire show. It really doesn't make sense to work it this way if there wasn't a bigger plan. There was no closure for the relationship at all. If anything, they just made it even more canon with actual feelings from Jesse and no ulterior motivations. Why do all that? Why make him the consultant and not take him to NY just to have him show up mid-performance and have Will say that line? I read that the episode was 20 minutes too long and ended up cutting a lot (including a Wemma scene). They could have easily cut that out and just had Jesse show up afterward and say the kiss was unprofessional but they kept it.

And I'd also like to point out that Rachel never had to make a choice between, Finn, Jesse and Broadway. Her choice was between Finn and Broadway. Though it's still kind of cloudy which she ultimately chose.

Quote:
And as for her and Finn, was there anything that pointed to Rachel expecting them to last beyond graduation? This is their endgame* couple? (A girl who's off to New York to follow her dreams and a boy who can't dream big and would be useful in New York for lifting heavy things?) Fair enough that Finn and Rachel got back together - that was always going to happen - but the writing in this episode doesn't make them seem like a long term thing. But I don't even know if that was deliberate because the characterization is so up and down.
None. She said she was leaving in a year and he asked what she was doing until then. That was pretty much the moment where Brad told us, "yep we made a crossroads deal..FR have one year."

Quote:
* I don't know if RIB ever said endgame or if fans have made that one up.
They've said Core Couple or something like that before. But I've never actually heard the term "Endgame" be used. Dawson and Joey's relationship was the core of DC. Just sayin'...

As for the voting..sorry guys. But it's always been my favorite and I can't vote against it. #10 FTW.

#10 - 1
#29 - 2
Old 05-27-2011, 04:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
This is exactly what I wonder, too. It is set up so well for next season, but Glee characters seem to take one step forward and two back in terms of growth and change, and Rachel, especially, goes back and forth on Finn with such regularity it gives me whiplash. Jesse, on the other hand, was blessed with an absolute through line of his love for Rachel in these last three eps.

Welcome, Sofia! If you're looking for good St. Berry fanfics, you should also check out AmyLeigh88, Bruised Smile, bandtogetherandfight and lucklessforhim's work.

Gotta side with Britt on this one. #10 FTW.

#10 - 2
#29 -2
Old 05-27-2011, 08:34 AM
Master Fan

I might be too optimistic but it sure as he'll felt like foreshadowing to me. Like Britt said, Rachel didn't make a choice between Jesse and Finn. I think if that had happened and Rachel had told Jesse that she didn't want to be with him then I'd feel differently. Jesse telling Rachel that she matters to him more than fame and him flying to New York just to see her perform clearly say that he's not going anywhere and neither are his feelings.

While I love #10, #29 is by far my favorite. That's the moment that I knew Jesse was in love with Rachel. His unwavering belief in her talent is absolutely beautiful and while other people have told her she's talented, Jesse KNOWS that she's destined for Broadway greatness.

#10 - 2
#29 - 3
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
Old 05-27-2011, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have been sitting here listening to Rachel/Jesse or rather Lea/Jonathan's version of Rolling in the Deep over and over again. I can't stop it is just so amazing!!! He better be back next season!