Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2018, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I think South Park debuted in 1997, so it's been on for 21 years. I feel that's too long too, South Park isn't as good as it used to be either.

I'm opposite. I like the newer seasons better.

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 01:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don´t know when I started watching it maybe in the late 90s.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:53 AM
Master Fan

LightYears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I will never, ever like or get over the idea of The Simpsons being Disney property now. It's too weird!
Old 04-12-2019, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What? How did I missed that?

Too weird. Simpsons def isn't Disney.

April
Old 04-15-2019, 04:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Join the club April!
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 04-15-2019, 05:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Disney had been in talks of puchasing Fox for ages and now they have completed the deal. Disney now owns much of Fox property which includes The Simpsons. I have been against this deal ever since I first heard of it and I feel that Disney now owns way too much. They've already got The Simpsons lined up for Disney + their own streaming service launching later this year. So yeah. Pretty insane!
Old 04-16-2019, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree. Disney owns so much now. Is there anything they don't own?

I'm going to assume they have the same deal as far as the parks goes with Simpsons that they have with Marvel, where Universal keeps it. If that makes any sense.

April
Old 04-16-2019, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Let's see; Disney now owns;

....probably best to just click this link and actually see the now humongous list of assets now owned by the Walt Disney Company.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Disney_Company

I think that makes sense. It would be absolutely ridiculous for Disney to include a dedicated Simpsons land in their parks when Universal already has a perfect Simpsons land and also Marvel Super Hero Island. I'm ok with Marvel merchandise at Disney and stuff, but would draw the line seeing The Simpsons merchandise, let alone a whole section of the park dedicated to them. Universal is a far better suited place for The Simpsons than Disney.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the link.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's a long list.

Now that I think about it, I do remember hearing they bought 20th Century. Because someone made a comment about Anastasia being a Disney princess now. But I didn't connect it to The Simpsons.

April
Old 04-19-2019, 12:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

That's actually the most ironic thing about it. Many people used to confuse Anastasia as a Disney film as it had a similar animation style and classic songs and now Disney owns the movie. I still wouldn't call it a Disney movie nor Anastasia a Disney princess 'cause it wasn't made by Disney, they just own it now.

The same can be said for The Simpsons, they're not official Disney and never will be, they are just owned by them now.
Old 04-19-2019, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good points.

April
Old 04-21-2019, 02:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay thanks for the info Liv.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:51 PM
Master Fan

LightYears is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread