Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2022, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

'Yellowstone' Star Kevin Costner Honors Whitney Houston with New Instagram Post About the 'Body Guard'
Here's a link, https://www.instagram.com/p/Ciz6FE0u...d-86b702c55c86
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks

Love that

I am planning to go to a screening of the movie next month
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Just came back from watching this on the big screen

What an experience
Old 11-07-2022, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am glad that you got to see "The Bodyguard" on the big screen.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Old 11-14-2022, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I Will Always Love You: How a 90s ballad captivated the world
Here's the link, https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/...-changed-music
Old 11-14-2022, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks
Old 11-27-2022, 09:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

'The Bodyguard' at 30: Kevin Costner says there were warnings against casting Whitney Houston because she was Black
Whitney Houston was said to be “declining in terms of her popularity” when her name came up as a possible co-star/romantic partner for Kevin Costner in The Bodyguard, the hit drama that opened 30 years ago today, on Nov. 25, 1992.

“It wasn’t her ‘in’ moment," Costner told Yahoo Entertainment about the late pop icon during a 2014 Role Recall interview (watch clip above). “That didn’t really matter to me. I just thought she was the perfect choice.”

The Oscar-winning actor and filmmaker also revealed that race was a factor that was dissuading parties involved from casting the pop star in the role of Rachel Marron, a music superstar who becomes romantically involved with her bodyguard (Costner's Frank Farmer) while facing threats from a stalker.

"Everybody alerted me to the fact that she was Black, which I knew," he said.

"It might have been easier two years earlier at her peak. But after that movie, she became, I think, one of the biggest stars in the world.”

Indeed, Houston, who battled drug abuse later in her career and died in 2012, was two years past the release of her third consecutive hit record, 1990’s I’m Your Baby Tonight. She had also never acted in a film before. Costner was arguably at the height of his career, having just dominated the Oscars with Dances With Wolves.

“I just think that people are trying to cast [who] they think is the best person, and sometimes the feeling was, ‘Well, let’s cast a real actress, that could be the best for the movie,” said Costner, whose string of hits at the time had included Bull Durham (1988) and Field of Dreams (1989). “It’s like faking being a good baseball player. When you see one of our world-class actresses faking being a great singer, it doesn’t seem right.

“So I really felt that we should go for a true singer. It didn’t matter if she was Black or white. The fact that she was Black, that didn’t matter to me.”
Here's a link, https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...160222553.html
Old 11-28-2022, 01:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks

I’m glad they went with someone who had the vocal pipes and charisma
Old 11-29-2022, 01:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

I forgot that Christina did this tribute to Whitney 5 years ago

re-watching and got emotional especially with how they had scenes from The Bodyguard playing in the background

Old 11-29-2022, 09:09 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Christina is one of the few people that can do a Whitney song justice!
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Christina is one of the few people that can do a Whitney song justice!
Agreed
Old 12-12-2022, 12:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

30 Years of The Bodyguard: Interview with Costume Designer Susan Nininger
Here's the link, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgGq5Bf-MGs
Old 12-12-2022, 01:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks
Old 01-03-2023, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Dolly Parton Had To Pull Over First Time Hearing Whitney Houston Sing ‘I Will Always Love You’
Here's a link, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc3S5LAlPhg
Old 01-03-2023, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Awww I love that
Reply   Post New Thread