Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2013, 05:09 PM
Master Fan

Me too. I just watched the episode where they made a film about safe sex. It was really well done. Speaking of which, this show was so trendy. I loved that Zack Morris plays the guy Six plans to lose her virginity to. Too funny.

What season do they start playing Joey Lawrence's music video after the show? Do you remember that? I used to love that song. Joey was a triple thread. He could sing, dance, and act. I feel like if he was a teenager now he would be bigger than Beiber. He is way more talented. In fact, the whole show is more daring than what you see on tv today.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:13 PM
Elite Fan

They really did make a lot of films on this show didn't they? You're right though, the film was really well made and I liked how they discussed being censored at their own school. I like that they discussed a lot of teen issues on this show. Something they share with BH 90120. Think that was just an early 90's thing since that trend seemed to go away later in the decade.

You'll see Joey's music video in late s3. Can't remember which episode it was, but I know it was s3 since I've only seen a handful of s4 episodes.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:08 AM
Master Fan

Oh okay. Great!

They took a bit from Mayim's real life didn't they? When Blossom says she is passing up Harvard to stay home. I was like this sounds familiar...

My favorite duo is quickly becoming Six and her mother. They are so hilarious.

Really? So you never saw the final season? I remember the last season the best. I didn't remember any of season 1.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:01 PM
Elite Fan

I hate that Blossom gave up Harvard for a relationship. It just went against what her character stood for in the first two seasons. I know she's a teenager but it still seemed out of character.

Yeah, I love Six and her mom. I wish she was on the show more often than she is.

I didn't really watch Blossom when I was younger, only saw a handful of episodes in the 90s. So, when I started watching the show a few months ago, it was all pretty much a brand new experience for me.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:43 PM
Master Fan

Oh wow! It's like a whole new experience for you then. I'm tempted to recommend season 5 but I can't fully commit because I am going off my childhood memory. Perhaps it was good then but I'd be curious to see how it holds up.

I was reading Melissa Joan Hart's book :Melissa Explains It All and she said that she auditioned for Blossom and and Clarissa at the same time. The producers brought her in again for the role of Six. She had to decide between the two roles and she's really happy about Clarissa. I just thought that was funny.

Oh, and she writes about meeting Joey Lawrence as a child. It's obvious she can't stand him even though they are co-stars.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:54 AM
Elite Fan

^ Well, I'm still watching the show now, just finished the Vegas episodes from s4. So I'll probably be done with the show by January. I'm just not going through the episodes as fast as I did before. I've been trying to get back into reading which has slowed down my Blossom time.

Wow, I never knew Melissa auditioned for this show. I can't picture her as Blossom or Six. Glad she decided to do Clarissa, that's the show that made me fall in love with her. Do you think she still dislikes Joey Lawrence or do you think that was just when they were younger? I mean, they did a holiday movie together several years ago and now they're on a tv show together.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:01 PM
Master Fan

i really think they look like they get along now but i can imagine that being different in the past. i wanted to sign up for the autographed book but it was for only the us so i was bummed about that but i still will go buy the book.

Im glad that she didn't choose six i don't think she would fit well in that character.

Join the The Goldbergs Campaign
Old 11-03-2013, 01:44 PM
Master Fan

I have very distinct memories of the Paris episodes from Season 4. I can't wait until I get to those episodes.

RE: Melissa
Yeah, I was surprised to hear that as well. She also said the creator of CEIA saw the character of Clarrissa as a brunette. He asked Melissa if she liked New Kids on the Block and she was sighed and was like "NO!" and she told him about a rock band she liked. He told her later that that convinced him that blondes could be edgy. I thought that was really hilarious.

The reason I thought Melissa didn't really like Joey is for a few reasons. I think it's more that she finds him annoying. She mentions that she's known him since she was a kid and she didn't have a lot of people to hang out with when she did Clarissa because they filmed in Orlando and she was from New York. She said "The best thing about Joey was his girlfriends". Now, she ended up being friends with his girlfriend Kellie Martin (Life Goes On). They would all go out to lunch together. And when they broke up she became friends with his new girlfriend Jennifer Love Hewitt. She talks about how they are best friends to this day. I thought it was a bit of a backhanded compliment.

Then she goes onto describe kissing scenes. Joey apparently wears a lot of lip balm and she describes kissing him like "kissing a wax figure". I dunno- she just made a lot of throw away comments that seemed a bit passive aggressive.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Elite Fan

The Paris episodes were pretty good despite some of the crazy coincidences that happened in them.

Ahh, I gotcha. I can see how those comments could be seen as passive aggressive, especially since we can't hear how she's saying those things. Or maybe they just have that kind of friendship, where they make digs at each other but it's just in good spirits. I know I have friends like that. It's really hard to decipher tone in written text.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:18 PM
Master Fan

That's true. I don't really know the nature of their relationship so it could all be in fun.

I remember Joey going on a talk show a few years ago and saying that Mayim was jealous that his character was so popular. He seemed a bit resentful because he thought Blossom could have gone on for a few more seasons and Mayim chose to end it. (I'm not sure she would have the power to do that). But it gave me an overall impression that they may have had a strained relationship- so I thought maybe Joey might be a a bit difficult.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:51 PM
Elite Fan

^ Well, if Mayim didn't renew her contract, that could've been the end of the show. Regardless though, he shouldn't have said that.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:49 AM
Master Fan

That's true. I cleaned up what he actually said. It was harsh. I can't find the interview though. Maybe that's why Joey doesn't do a lot of interviews.

Edit:

This is everything. #90's Babylon

#throwback thu is a thing?ok.here's me in @MarioLopezExtra's arms at rehearsal for 'Circus Of The Stars' in 1989. #tbt,

Last edited by Ruby_Slippers; 11-08-2013 at 06:18 PM
Old 11-08-2013, 07:04 PM
Elite Fan

Sounds like he has no filter.

I don't understand the edited part of your post.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:33 AM
Master Fan

I think just an addition of picture.

Join the The Goldbergs Campaign
Old 11-10-2013, 01:18 PM
Elite Fan

Oh wow, that picture didn't show up when I was on this thread before. It's a cute one, she looks so young there.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread