Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2013, 01:20 PM
Master Fan

yeah when i started watching i was like wheres david lascher (vinnie) cause i knew he was in it. then i looked it upi dont think hes there till season 3 or 4. hes defitnaly in 4 from the promotional shoots i found.

that was a really good episode i think it was really good for blossom to to understand now that shes older why things are the way they are in her family and it was a nice moment between anothony and joey together i would have to see it one of the best of season 1 too.

Join the The Goldbergs Campaign
Old 08-03-2013, 06:30 AM
Elite Fan

^ Ahh, okay. Joey mentioned a Vinnie in School Daze but we didn't see him. Wonder if he's supposed to be the same person or if it's just a coincidence.

Yes, yes it was. I like how she tried to bring the family closer together. She kind of takes on the role of mom sometimes and it's cute how much the men admire and listen to her. I finished the first season and all in all, I really enjoyed it. I was kind of surprised how good it was, think I'll be adding this show to my collection in the future.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

There was one epiosde I like in S1 when the Dad puts all the kids in charge when he goes away. It's funn how the boys had troubling story Joey with his Dad's car being stolen and Anthony with his gf stealing things but the Dad just laughed it up but yelled at Blossom for having to many slumber parties lol.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Master Fan

he probably expected the boys to act but not blossom lol! i love how they all thought they were i charge! im glad that yoll add it to your collection one day i would if it was selling here from what ive seen already

Old 08-03-2013, 05:10 PM
Elite Fan

He thought the boys were joking around with him. And they went along with it of course. Then he asks Blossom what she's up to and she's like oh Six came over, nothing much. And he's like I hope you're joking, you know that she can't stay over on a school night. Poor Blossom, so many double standards for women. Which may have been the point of that scene, who knows.

Where do you live Marki? It's a shame this show isn't available there. I can see why there's been such a long delay on s3. There's a LOT of music on this show and I know they said on the Shout forums they were having troubles buying the rights for some of the music.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Master Fan

aahh yeah thats true he did think they were joking! hers wasn't extremem enough for him to think it was a joke.

Australia. Its not out in stores here and everywhere i have seen available online its region 1 and we are region 4 here. I mean i could still buy it and buy a dvd player that is just for america dvds...cause then theres a whole bunch i could watch like family ties season 4 onwards etc. thats a shame about the music rights but hopefully that will be resolved soon. how much is blossom to buy over there?

Old 08-03-2013, 06:03 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah her story was too normal to not believe it.

Oh, that's a shame. Would be it expensive for you to buy a region 1 DVD player? The s1/s2 Blossom DVD set is $10 on amazon. It might be cheaper on another website, but that's not bad all things considered. Its been out for about three years now.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

yeah well if i buy a region 4 dvd player or even another dvd player in a different slot on my computer i think your aloud to change the region 5 times or something so i'd just change it the once to region 1 and then leave it like that. i just haven't really looked into it. that is pretty cheap though for the DVD. nice Icon

Old 08-04-2013, 01:08 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks to this thread and that YouTube channel, I've started watching some episodes again. "Blossom Blossoms" - when she gets her first period - is so funny.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Master Fan

so great hey! im glad they were posted here too!

Old 08-04-2013, 04:15 PM
Elite Fan

So glad I found that youtube channel and posted it here. This show deserves to be (re)discovered. Even though I'm well past being 13, I can still remember how awkward it was to start my period. And sometimes it's still embarrassing to have a male cashier when I'm buying pads.

Oh and in case you need/want a list of the episodes in order, you can check it out here. I highly reccomend every episode from s1, there's nothing to dislike in any of them. But my favorites are "I Ain't Got Nobody" and "Thanks for the Memorex".

Thanks for the compliment on the icon, Marki. I found that picture yesterday and I just had to make an icon. I'm thinking about posting it on the standard avatar thread.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:36 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the episode list. I think I might just keep on the channel and see where it takes me. Though usually I am a stickler for going in order.

Omg, Joey's name was originally Donnie.

I had forgotten about all of Blossom's mental fantasies.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I remember that episode. It made feel lucky that I had my mom when I went through my first period. However, she learned that her Dad and her brothers could be good and akward in that situation
Old 08-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)

Thanks for the compliment on the icon, Marki. I found that picture yesterday and I just had to make an icon. I'm thinking about posting it on the standard avatar thread.
you should its a pretty iconic 90s show especially looking back at the hats when i think 90s most times i picture the image of blossom style wise my sister does too.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:10 PM
Elite Fan

^ It's the only show from the early 90's where the characters were so many big hats. It's their thing. I'll have to submit it then...just not sure if I'm going to make more from other shows.

fox24 (sorry, I don't know your name), I'm really glad I had a mom around when I started my period too. I can't imagine being around a bunch of men when that started. Poor Blossom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
Omg, Joey's name was originally Donnie.

I had forgotten about all of Blossom's mental fantasies.
I'm so glad they changed it. Donnie just doesn't fit.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread