Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-30-2010, 07:57 AM
Master Fan

I shouldn't be in here as I haven't seen the new episode yet but awww look at that ani

I really do think DV are GG's saving grace at the moment. They are so perfect.

Anyone made or seen any awesome fan vids?

icon ~llorona_llorona
Jess

Old 03-30-2010, 07:57 AM
Absolute Fan

GOD I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!

I can't get over it. Such an awkward episode, but the last two scenes just KILLED me.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Such an awkward episode, but the last two scenes just KILLED me.
that's it in a nutshell

I can't stay mad at Dan when he's being adorable like that. Like he keeps doing.

in other news, Jacob was back to hating them this week now all is normal in the world.

Jess, there've been a few, but I domn't have access to links just yet.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:22 AM
Addicted Fan

I don't really know where to post this but the NYmag reality index is out. I love it! And (almost) everything is so true! the rest is here Gossip Girl Recap: Does the Second Chance Ever Have a Chance? -- Vulture

Quote:
[• We love how when they’re in the Bass apartment, they have expensive Belgian-style waffles as opposed to frozen ones. Plus 2. Also, the waffles/strawberries leitmotif is back again: Vanessa, wielding a waffle, is proven to be a prude by Serena, who is shoveling away the ****ty strawberries as usual.
• Ugh, that Vanessa would develop a complex about her relationship being in a "rut" after Serena sultrily suggested that she didn't do enough "new things" and then pouted sympathetically about the noodles/movie thing is so realistic that even the multitude of distracting accessories everyone was wearing in that scene couldn't distract us from the decades-old memories of similar underminey experiences that came rushing back to us. Creamy poreless skin aside, sometimes this show makes us happy to not have to be 19 anymore. Plus 5.
• Serena's idea that Vanessa set up "a date night inspired by his favorite film" is the worst idea in the world. No teenage or post-teenage dude would be into that, unless the film in question is Deep Inside Jenna, and we assume that Serena, having been around the block a few times, would know that. So did she tell Vanessa that in order to sabotage her, in the same manner Sarah Michelle Gellar's character prodded Selma Blair's character to do dumb, humiliating things in Cruel Intentions? If so, plus 4 for this subtle reveal of Serena's evil Alpha Girl personality, which we haven't seen in ages.
• We'll get into our quibbles about how the date actually went below, but in the meantime, can we just say plus 100 points for the fact that the big romantic date Dan planned was exactly the same **** as usual, the sole exception being that he managed to choke out this one sweet line about everything is super-romantic now that she is his girlfriend? And that Vanessa totally falls for it? And you know, that's fine. Whatever. In Rear Window Jimmy Stewart breaks both of his legs trying to save his girlfriend. But in the era of Greenberg, this is what passes for major effort on behalf of dudes.
• HA! Vanessa, the problem with lofts is that when you storm out of the room, you’re still in the same room. Plus 3.
Quote:
• Dan and Vanessa wouldn’t enter the Bass apartment without a plan to tell their secret. They’re both too anal. They’d have a plan. Nay, they’d have a shtick. Minus 2.
• We appreciate the Hitchcockian cinematography, but seriously, why is Dan sleeping at 6:30 on a Saturday, and why is it still light out if it’s still winter? And how did Vanessa cook an entire lobster dinner without waking him? No way V can throw a live crustacean into a pot without shrieking. Minus only 3, because of course Dan is a Sally about eating the tamale.
• "There is NO WAY she bought Montrachet!" Jessica's Husband, who is openly angling to appear in the reality index at this point and in this case is seizing an opportunity to flaunt his wine expertise, shouts with great excitement when Vanessa produces a bottle that is ostensibly the same as the one Grace Kelly's character bought for Jimmy Stewart in Rear Window. "Montrachet costs $500 a bottle! Maybe Serena could have afforded that, but not Va-****ing-nessa!" Minus 6.
• Wait, why does Rufus stay for flan, making a situation he knows to be bad worse? Minus 1.
• Ew, Dan and Vanessa kissed with pierogis in their mouths! Gross! Minus 3.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:22 AM
Absolute Fan

Yeah I'm waiting for the epic vids to come out.. I keep checking youtube
Old 03-30-2010, 09:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
We appreciate the Hitchcockian cinematography, but seriously, why is Dan sleeping at 6:30 on a Saturday, and why is it still light out if it’s still winter? And how did Vanessa cook an entire lobster dinner without waking him? No way V can throw a live crustacean into a pot without shrieking.
THANK YOU!! this continues to bug me for some reason

there are quite a few vids up.. okay not mannny but still
Old 03-30-2010, 09:37 AM
Addicted Fan

Yeah when I read that I thought about you saying the exact same thing!
Old 03-30-2010, 05:34 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Oh, Alex, I was just gonna post a couple of those.

Quote:
• Ew, Dan and Vanessa kissed with pierogis in their mouths! Gross! Minus 3.
Maybe there's something wrong with me, but that makes me giddy. I think it's cute!
Old 03-30-2010, 05:45 PM
Master Fan

I laughed during Dans speech when he said something about him and V like to go to coffeeshops and make fun of people. Such a match made in heaven.

I love your icon Alex!
Old 03-30-2010, 08:48 PM
Supreme Fan

I thought this was a cool article.

Quote:
Vanessa, Do NOT Take Serena’s Advice: You Don’t Need To Keep Romance Alive By Trying New Things!

Do your girlfriends ever give you positive – but utterly unhelpful – love advice? The gals on Gossip Girl are no different!

BFF’s Dan Humphrey (Penn Badgley) and Vanessa Abrams (Jessica Szohr) have finally taken their relationship to the next level (meaning, they’re doing the deed – repeatedly) on Gossip Girl this season, but naturally, they’re having a few problems because they’ve been stuck in the besties rut for way too long. Cue Dan’s ex, Serena van der Woodsen (Blake Lively), who puts the pressure on Vanessa to “keep the romance alive by trying new things.” But is this good advice? I don’t think so!

Shouldn’t their romance still be exciting because it’s so new? Going from friends to lovers is a big deal, and while I’ve never personally dated one of my friends, I can imagine how terrifying and exciting that might be. I needed to find out if I was right (or if Serena was) so decided to call an expert for help.

Not patting myself on the back here (much) but relationship expert Amy Levine says that Vanessa should stop listening to Vanessa! “There isn’t a set time when a couple should try new things—but if [Vanessa] feels they’re in a rut, do ONE thing differently to break out of the routine.”

Such as?

“Letting your partner know you appreciate them goes a long way – and all it takes is helping out at home or doing something they don’t have time to do,” says Levine.
“It could also be making more creative plans like going to a new hot spot for dinner than the usual place down the street, or sending a love note via snail mail if you’re used to texting – or sexting for that matter.”

Bottom line? Says Levine of lovers who start off as best friends, “It’s generally the level of intimacy that shifts and becomes more intense. So what Vanessa doesn’t realize is that even though they are doing the same activities as before, they are connecting on a totally different level now that they are a couple.”

That’s right! Listen to me from now on, Vanessa. I may not have been there, done that, got the boyfriend (and best friend) to prove it, but I do know love….so gossip about that!

Have YOU ever dated your best friend? Tell us about it!

– Allison McNamara
Source
Old 03-30-2010, 08:49 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

And by "make fun of" he means HE LIKES TO JUDGE PEOPLE.

It made me giggle.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:10 PM
Master Fan

@that article!
Old 03-30-2010, 09:30 PM
Supreme Fan

It made me giggle, but also provided good relationship advice.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:22 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Disorder (View Post)
THANK YOU!! this continues to bug me for some reason

there are quite a few vids up.. okay not mannny but still
Oh sorry I meant new ones with new clips from the epi
Old 03-30-2010, 11:54 PM
Elite Fan

oh well, i dont think so then there's a poster on the main board that's super into DV vids, she eould have let me know if there was a new one.

Quote:
Bottom line? Says Levine of lovers who start off as best friends, “It’s generally the level of intimacy that shifts and becomes more intense. So what Vanessa doesn’t realize is that even though they are doing the same activities as before, they are connecting on a totally different level now that they are a couple.”
i think this is what Dan was trying to say without sounding too cheesy. i concur