Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-29-2010, 07:01 AM
Elite Fan

just reposting Jacob's loving words. He didn't quite like the final scene ( whyyyy) but he thought they were adorable anyway.

Quote:
Also getting mid-sex texts from Rufus are, of course, Dan and Vanessa, who continue to be the best couple on the show somehow, and Dan doesn't want to take the call because he wants to keep Vanessa his dirty secret. Vanessa -- in her wildly awesome zebra bra -- is of course insulted by this, and makes him take the call, and everybody mobilizes I guess to look for Jenny and her gross boyfriend.

Meanwhile that other braintrust, the Humphrey Men, are discussing the sociology of how probably Jenny is just into forbidden vampires like Damien, and Rufus gets the third best line: "If he were a vampire, I could slip garlic in her waffles! Not that she'd eat them!" Dan laughs at his funny, cute dad, and Rufus tries to find out who Daniel's boning. He lies by truthing about how he's been sleeping over at Vanessa's all the time, and Rufus is like, "Tell the truth!" But Dan's too Dan-like, and then Vanessa walks in and Rufus jumps on her like a humping golden retriever about how much he needs his family with him while he faces the Jabberwocky of Jenny's sexuality, and Vanessa is totally family, like a sister to them, and Dan gets déjÃ* vu about that, and Vanessa is of course blind to the awkwardness because if for one second she could see awkwardness she would be undone utterly.
Rufus runs off into another area of the one-room loft so that Vanessa can mack on Dan and be brutally rebuffed. Reason? Dan needs "guidelines." Jesus God, Daniel Humphrey. How bad is this going to get? Well, he's been drawing up a mental map of Zones where they can be Friends or Friends-Plus, all throughout the city. Like, in DUMBO, where Rufus "treats you like his own daughter, and we've prepared Thanksgiving dinner while watching The Sound Of Music," that's a no-mashing zone.

It's so weird because now that he's becoming the most Dan version of Dan, like, ever, it's turning adorable. Who knew the solution was to push Dan and Vanessa into their respective corners so hard they became glowing diamond-like versions of themselves. Vanessa does, at least, understand the DUMBO part of it, even though she's offended by the rest and especially Dan calling her "less family" and more of a "classmate."

I agree, the DUMBO Zone is the only part that does make sense, not least because she and Rufus have always been three centimeters from doing it anyway. But then similarly, Lily's house and the entire UES are Friends Only zones for some reason. But downtown, and at NYU, they can make out. "I'll draw you a map, that's what I'll do. It'll be much easier." Boot to the head. Boot to the head, come on! And she does, once he offers to discuss with her which zone the subway is, and she tells him he is now in a No Vanessa Zone. This last is especially retarded because in the meantime, Rufus has taken a call from Turncoat Nate, and thus needs to go back to the UES, which means this little meeting that took three seconds and only caused strife never needed to happen. But to his credit, Dan takes it on the chin and refuses to get scared at how pissy V just got.'

---

Worse than Headache Cancer is the dorking out of Dan and Vanessa, who stretch a tiny scene into an epic of awkwardness that basically amounts to a lot of meta hyper-talk about the Zones and the hiding and the how much they love each other. Even for my new favorite couple, this **** is abominable. Endpoint is, he agrees to tell people about them, and they **** some more, and I just want to see Vanessa's zebra bra again.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:40 AM
Absolute Fan

OMG D/V are like Nala and Simba that's adorable
Old 03-29-2010, 09:22 AM
Elite Fan

Let's hope their story ends similarly
Old 03-29-2010, 09:47 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Disorder (View Post)
Let's hope their story ends similarly
Old 03-29-2010, 12:44 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I AGREE.

Best part about Jacob's review?
Quote:
Dan and Vanessa, who continue to be the best couple on the show somehow
Old 03-29-2010, 01:19 PM
Elite Fan

best li9ne of the whole thing
Old 03-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I was shocked when I read that.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:22 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm so sad--I missed like the last 20 minutes of the show tonight! Anything particularly swoony happen?
Old 03-29-2010, 07:56 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Vanessa got paranoid that they were still friends with benefits and tried to do the role playing thing. But Dan was all..WTF, Abrams? Why you doing this? We not in rut. And he was so confused.

And at the end, he bought perogies and they sat in her dorm and ate and he said he likes that his best friend is his girlfriend. it's not FWB. I love him and them.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:50 PM
Elite Fan

the begininning scenes were action packed with awkwardness and Rufus!

i thinkk his role in this ep was to be this funny little voiceover in DV's story
Old 03-30-2010, 02:24 AM
Addicted Fan

Their scenes were cuuute as always but now I think it's time to move into something else, you know what I mean. It was the we're bff but we want more and we don't know how phase and now let's DV be something else.

OMG the scene with Nate and Serena (and Rufus of course) was sooooo awkward! And so fake imo! I mean N giving DV sex advise?! I mean since D talked to N about the 3some we understood that there were no bounderies but WTF!? This whole brunch was too weird for me. I mean DS and NV were the couples like not even a year ago...
Old 03-30-2010, 02:31 AM
Elite Fan

i know right? I cringed a bit

but then if we're going to go there, we must realize Nate had a thing with EVERYONE a year ago, so escaping awkwardness with him involved is hard to do

im thinking/hoping we move from the bff thing next week. i feel like the writers are trying to drive home a point here. stressing the friend thing.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:22 AM
Elite Fan

Old 03-30-2010, 04:38 AM
Addicted Fan

It's not the roundtable yet and only a little review but even GGinsider starts to fall for these 2!

Quote:
When Vanessa seems unconvinced about the romantic elements, Dan explains that he’s just happy that they can do the same things they always did, but this time, couple style.

Hey, they are true to themselves. They are who they are, and it's cute. Fans not be as nuts about Danessa as they are about Chair or Serenate, but you have to give them that.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:49 AM
Elite Fan

gotta love the first line and hey, the second.

two good reviews from GGI? I think I need to sit down