Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2014, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

NCIS - "Shooter" (11.22) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs April 29th @ 8PM)

NCIS 11.22 - "Shooter"
Original Airdate: April 29, 2014 @ 8PM

Episode Summary
A Marine photographer disappears prior to testifying in a high-profile Afghanistan murder case.
The NCIS team investigate the homicide he witnessed and his current piece
on military veterans who are homeless. Meanwhile, Abby tries to
help a young homeless woman reconnect with her family.
Source
Old 04-27-2014, 11:19 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Thanks for the threads

I like the sound of an Abby storyline

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:22 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for the thread.

looks like the next sad episode, but at least we get one. it was only one tiny break, but i already have withdrawl symptoms.
don't know what to do when this season is over.....
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:14 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Start a 'hiatus support thread' so we can all get each other through it

I didn't look at the promo & now that you said sad I don't want to

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-28-2014, 07:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedoflifexx (View Post)
I didn't look at the promo & now that you said sad I don't want to
it is always sad when they have to deal with a serious subject,
but there are always some funny scenes too, so i am excited anyway and you should watch that promo. as i said before: sad and serious epiosdes or scenes always bring out extraordinary performances of this cast.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:55 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Sometimes sad brings out the best performances & they always do it well

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-29-2014, 07:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedoflifexx (View Post)
Sometimes sad brings out the best performances & they always do it well
that is exactly what i meant.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:36 PM
Graphics Team Manager

That's what I thought you meant/read it as

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-30-2014, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Such a good episode. One of the best IMO just because of what it was about, but also so sad as well.

It's great the show touched on the subject of homeless vets. It's something that needs to be brought to attention. It's so sad there are so many who fought for this country and our freedom only to wind up on the streets because they can't get the help they need/deserve once they return home. It's just so wrong and it was so good that NCIS shed some light on the subject.

Loved the stuff with Abby. How she knew who the vet they were looking for was because she has seen him for years and helped him at times. So great she ended up helping Emma as well. So great she got her back to her family.

McGee as a homeless person... He did pull it off nicely.

Can't wait to see (if they decided to revisit it) what McGee will do to Tony after he sprayed him with the stinky spray

Bishop continues to grow on me

The ending scene with Gibbs going through the pictures was so great. I was almost

Next weeks episode looks fun
Old 05-01-2014, 03:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplezbear (View Post)
Such a good episode. One of the best IMO just because of what it was about, but also so sad as well.

It's great the show touched on the subject of homeless vets. It's something that needs to be brought to attention. It's so sad there are so many who fought for this country and our freedom only to wind up on the streets because they can't get the help they need/deserve once they return home. It's just so wrong and it was so good that NCIS shed some light on the subject.

Loved the stuff with Abby. How she knew who the vet they were looking for was because she has seen him for years and helped him at times. So great she ended up helping Emma as well. So great she got her back to her family.

McGee as a homeless person... He did pull it off nicely.

Can't wait to see (if they decided to revisit it) what McGee will do to Tony after he sprayed him with the stinky spray

The ending scene with Gibbs going through the pictures was so great. I was almost

Next weeks episode looks fun
agree with all of the above.

waiting for mcgee's revenge too. tony really enjoyed doing this to him. it would be fun to know what mcgee has in mind.

the episode really touched me especially the abby scenes, but i hope the next one is more fun.

Spoiler:
Old 05-01-2014, 03:30 PM
New Fan

Shooter

I did like most of the episode.. BUT.. I wish that INSTEAD of having ABBY having the side story of the GIRL who ran away as a teen.. That any side story was again focused on the VETS.. There are SO MANY HOMELESS VETS.. I wish that they had more homeless vets.. or maybe Abby helped rescue one of them?? (I know mental illness and/or alcoholism/drug use are the reasons for many of them being homeless)..

As Gibbs was looking at the photo essay.. I saw YES.. homeless people, but I thought the Murdered Photographer was doing an essay on Homeless Vets.. and like I said.. I wish some had been Identified as vets...

I also found it AMAZING that all of a sudden that right outside of where NCIS is.. all these homeless people were.. Emily and Tim saying they never noticed/knew that this existed this close (???? something to that nature).. It was supposed to be just a few blocks from NCIS!!!! PLEASE!!! I have WORKED IN NYC... driven through BAD SECTIONS.. You KNOW where they are unless you are IGNORANT!!! The writers putting those lines into the actors made them seem STUPID! (and yes.. I have driven through BALTIMORE AND D.C.-lots of bad sections.. poor sections with homeless ALL OVER.. sad.. and it is NOT SOMETHING you just overlook.. unless you are APATHETIC!)
luna70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nuwanda, Tony did enjoy spraying him with that stuff. Can't wait to see if we get to see McGee's revenge

The next one does seem like it will be more fun.

Spoiler:

Luna, I agree that I wish they would have focused more on the homeless vets. Another thing I wish they would have done was do some kind of PSA at the end with info for those that are struggling or in general for people that just want to help.

I was thinking all the pictures were meant to be vets since the Marine was doing a piece on homeless vets. So I just figured they all were. But that's just me.

Yeah, the part about no one knowing the homeless were right around the corner was a little off. It seems Abby may have known though. As for the others, maybe they just never went by that area before. But either way, it was a little weird.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplezbear (View Post)

1. I was thinking all the pictures were meant to be vets since the Marine was doing a piece on homeless vets. So I just figured they all were. But that's just me.

2. Yeah, the part about no one knowing the homeless were right around the corner was a little off. It seems Abby may have known though. As for the others, maybe they just never went by that area before. But either way, it was a little weird.
1. i understood it that way too.

2. abby is into such things that's why she noticed. i think all the other didn't notice because homeless, drunk people and people who look like they are using or even just begging get easily disregarded. "normal" people don't want to talk to them or be seen with them. i think tim and emily were just representing those people. and maybe they knew there were homeless people, they just didn't noticed that they were vets.

i mean the show is called ncis and not "save the helpless" - although they do it in some way. it is a shame that there are so many vets out in the streets, they all deserve better, but the show made people aware of it and one can only hope that some things will change - although i doubt it. it needs more than a tv show to get people out of their accomodativeness.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:58 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I think it is wonderful that they touched on the subject of homeless vets, even with minor faults. I agree that it seemed strange for them not to know but on the other hand maybe they had never been to that area or hadn't looked. It could have been that they knew it was a "bad area" (for lack of a better way of putting it) they just hadn't realise just how many homeless people were there. Bishop not knowing is understandable since she is new so may not have been to that area before. Abby knowing & caring about the dog makes perfect scenes though loved her bits in the episode

Otherwise I agree with other things that have been said & don't have much to add

I realise that having McGee unshaven worked out well to make him homeless which is most likely why they did it but it seemed really random that he just showed up one day with his skin condition unable to shave for a week

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-10-2014, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

#2 makes perfect sense nuwanda

Again, agreed with you that an episode of the show won't change things, but at least it's made people more aware like you said.

That did seem kind of random Chelle
Reply   Post New Thread