Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2023, 06:45 PM
Graphics Team Manager

NCIS - "Old Wounds" (20.14) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs Feb 13th @ 9PM)

NCIS 20.14 - "Old Wounds"
Original Airdate: February 13, 2023 @ 9PM

x

Episode Summary
Parker grapples with his emotions when a conman from his past turns up as
a prime suspect in the murder of a navy officer transporting millions of dollars'
worth of opioids.
Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 01:58 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread.
Sounds like another Parker centered but still interesting episode.
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 02:03 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Thanks for the thread!

It's nice that they are adding more depth to Parker's character...
Old 02-14-2023, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hurricane Parker was a bit much. More like Jerkyl Parker. But it adds depth to him, and gives a lot of insight into who he currently is. And who I hope he goes back to being. Because foul mouth Parker would not wormed his way into the group the way this Parker is...

Nice they address that Ducky had Jimmy for many many years. So, why does he not have an assistant.

Hopefully Jimmy gets an assistant.

Good work to Brian Dietzen (Jimmy) who co-wrote this episode. It was suspenseful.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 09:19 PM
Elite Fan

Leaving the team at the crime scene, disappearing and yelling at the team for results reminded me of Gibbs when it got personal for him.
Glad they talked everything out, especially Jerry and Parker. Hopefully, Parker is going back to the person we know,
He still has a lot of work to do though, to accept what had happened, to deal with it.
Drowning in guilt is the wrong way.
I liked the episode.
Old 02-24-2023, 08:08 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Why haven't Kasie & Palmer had assistants this whole time? Abby chose not to have one but Kasie should have had a storyline over having one before now. Palmer had tried before but couldn't find the right fit.
To help with the money issue maybe they just need a shared assistant. Especially since they can work alone, & as the episode later addresses already help each other out.

Parker is crossing multiple lines... Vance should have tried Gibbs' trick & stopped the elevator on him

Nice to have an original story for Parker as he is now. Interesting it came from Brian... will be curious to see if the do a special feature on it

Glad Parker seemed to get closure in the end

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-25-2023, 02:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)

Vance should have tried Gibbs' trick & stopped the elevator on him
Actually, I had expected that when they had entered the elevator.
Old 02-25-2023, 05:00 PM
Graphics Team Manager

A part of me was waiting for it

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-02-2023, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would think they would not want the added expense at this point of additional characters. Because yeah Abby never did. Because she had some bad experiences, even though she would quibble at times that she was so overworked (and she was), but then she would have a bad experience ie Chip.

I think Jimmy does not have assistant so that occasionally Ducky can come in and play LOL. But you would think it would be good scenes to see him trying to train someone new. But then autopsy room is not as prominent anymore unless it is needed.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 07:52 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Special Feature: Audio Commentary by Brian Dietzen, Diona Reasonover, & Scott Williams

This episode had the shortest opening in the history of NCIS. Not sure if they mean by timing or writing or both. Brian came up with the idea for the opening.

The pastries they're eating after the credits were really loud, they had to edit the sound in that scene in post production to quiet it down & bring the audio up. The pastry/desert their eating is Diona's wife's favourite desert.

Part of the storyline came from putting Parker in a new position & what he'd be like when he's angry. They also didn't want him to come across like Gibbs as they've set him apart from him so far.

Scott & Brian are praising Diona when Kasie's first scene starts & saying things like "don't you love Diona"& her response was "yeah, I'm over her"

They mention the rareness of Vance in autopsy, then how later on in the season they have another rare moment where Vance gives Palmer fatherly advice (also in autopsy)

Scott says Brian & Diona play confused well

Pretty much all of what Brian pitched on what storyline(s) he wanted to tell made the episode. Some things might've changed like lines & names, but what we see is close to what Brian's original idea was. A similar thing happened with the episode Diona Reasonover wrote (Turkey Trot)

There is a character in a wheelchair in this episode & they only auditioned actors who were wheelchair users for the part to show a true wheelchair user (they correct to that from saying disabled) in the role that they'd written for it to be a wheelchair using character. Scott would like to bring the character back at some point

Gary Cole is the nicest person. Sean Murray has a calming, reassuring vibe.

To differentiate between Parker & Palmer, they use Jimmy a lot more over Palmer

Knight's name may possibly be a chess reference - Knight takes Bishop, with Knight replacing Bishop

There's a name (Dillypants Pickle Store) that Scott agreed would be a placeholder, but it ended up in the show. Supposedly often when he says that, it ends up sticking . Brian started off with Dilly Pants, Silly Pants

Scott has written on about 40 out of 400 episodes.

Diona seems to be coming up with new episode ideas during the commentary

Brian wore his own wedding ring for Palmer. Diona would like them to marry Kasie off so she can wear hers

They were going to just have Parker reading the letter, but then to break up that scene they added the cutaways to show other partnerships in the show. But just the scene with Parker was also phenomenal. The cutaways just added an extra layer & element to the show.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-01-2023, 09:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for adding this!
Ladybird16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 01:24 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Knight takes Bishop that's a pretty creative surname find for the replacement agent, but I can see the reasoning

Loved this episode, the intro with part of the narration reminded me of the ep House Rules quite a few seasons ago...

The case was interesting, and they did a good job with Hurricane Parker and more of backstory.
I also think that it was important that they've talked about the "guilt of the survivor" and of unintentionally causing the other irrevocable hurt.

Palmer & Kasie, those 2 decided to become each others assistants... though they would really need one person to help them both out...
Old 12-04-2023, 12:00 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Their words But it is quite logical & interesting way to come up with a name for a character

Yeah the intro is a bit like that

I think they should just have one assistant between them too

Quote:
I also think that it was important that they've talked about the "guilt of the survivor" and of unintentionally causing the other irrevocable hurt.
This right here!

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-04-2023, 01:07 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

A shared assistant would work perfectly

so far this was one of the stronger episodes of the season...
Old 12-05-2023, 12:42 AM
Graphics Team Manager

It might be hard to bring in another character though. But they could be more an unseen background character

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread