Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2018, 07:27 PM
Graphics Team Manager

NCIS: New Orleans - "Close to Home" (5.08) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs Nov 20th @ 10PM)

NCIS: New Orleans 5.08 - "Close to Home"
Original Airdate: November 20, 2018 @ 10PM

x

Episode Summary
The NCIS team places Mateo Diaz (Octavio Rodriguez), a high school gang member
turned informant, in protective custody while they investigate the murder of his junior
reserve officers’ training corps instructor. Also, Pride needs his brother Jimmy Boyd’s
(Jason Alan Carvell) help to gain Mateo’s trust.
Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread
Old 11-18-2018, 07:58 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for the thread.

hope they continue to work together like in the last episode.
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 05:22 AM
Elite Fan

it was a good case and the team did great work, but pride was involved too much again for my liking.
I am wondering why he took the new job when he is still working on every case with his team (and why are they calling him every time, anyway?) and how long he will keep it when he is never there.
His assistant is doing a lot to cover all that. I don't like him very much (don't know why exactly), but he seems to be one of the good guys and he asked pride what I was thinking the whole time: "you have 50 special agents at your disposal to get it done. why do you have to be the one to save him personally?"

it was nice to see pride's half brother again though.
Old 11-24-2018, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with everything you said nuwanda. I also don't understand why he took the job, but is always working on the cases with the team.
Old 11-24-2018, 01:55 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I think I'm only on episode 4 & I already want to question why Pride has to be around if he's got this new job so wonderful to know it continues I really should catch up as I've got 3 more episodes sitting waiting to be watched

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-25-2018, 03:11 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
I think I'm only on episode 4 & I already want to question why Pride has to be around if he's got this new job so wonderful to know it continues I really should catch up as I've got 3 more episodes sitting waiting to be watched
I think you haven't missed anything yet. the first 6 episodes are more about pride than anything else- just like last season - only liked the seventh so far
Old 11-25-2018, 03:20 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Well then, that's promising Why do they keep doing this? Its not like the other cast aren't talented & the other characters aren't interesting or capable...

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-25-2018, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No idea Chelle. I don't get it.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well then, that's promising Why do they keep doing this? Its not like the other cast aren't talented & the other characters aren't interesting or capable...
don't know that either. in my opinion it had worked well over the last three and a half years. don't know why they changed that last season.

Last edited by nuwanda; 12-17-2018 at 08:15 AM
Old 12-17-2018, 01:48 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I realise they're not meant to look back, but wouldn't you want to when you no longer hear someone yelling orders at you? Seems like a risk to kill someone then as someone could've turned around & seen the killer. Ok obviously not since all of the students saw & noticed nothing until back at the locker room

gah seriously? Why can't LaSalle do things on his own without calling Pride? Then Pride no one asked you to come help, just make a call. If you're not happy in your job leave it

Brave teenager being an informant - especially if its going against his asylum to be in the country

While I still don't understand why Pride is still around I like the interactions between him & his half brother. Glad that he's not just a random character they had in one ep

I also agree with all nuwanda said about the episode

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-17-2018, 08:19 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
1.I realise they're not meant to look back, but wouldn't you want to when you no longer hear someone yelling orders at you? Seems like a risk to kill someone then as someone could've turned around & seen the killer. Ok obviously not since all of the students saw & noticed nothing until back at the locker room

2. gah seriously? Why can't LaSalle do things on his own without calling Pride?

3.While I still don't understand why Pride is still around I like the interactions between him & his half brother. Glad that he's not just a random character they had in one ep
1.+2. Wondered about those things too

3. I have nothing against it if he is around and if he helps the team it is okay too, but I want them to work together and not one person (who isn't even on the team anymore) to do all the work.
Old 12-17-2018, 11:36 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Point 3 is how I feel too. He can help but then he needs to go back to his job

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-17-2018, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Agreed about the students not thinking to look back when they didn't hear any more orders.

I agree. LaSalle should be able to do things with out calling Pride all the time. It's like they can't think without Pride.
Agreed that they should all work together and not just Pride doing it/taking over.

Agreed about his half brother. I have enjoyed those scenes with him and Pride
Old 12-17-2018, 11:15 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
I agree. LaSalle should be able to do things with out calling Pride all the time. It's like they can't think without Pride.
Exactly. Its stupid though as we all know that they should be capable on their own - otherwise Pride hasn't done his job all this time very well. Yes its hard to have change, let go, & not turn to your former boss - but he shouldn't have to ask for help every 5 seconds. He was second in charge/the senior agent wasn't he? Shouldn't he know what he's doing if that's the case?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread