Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2021, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Home & Away decided against social distancing, iirc (I found it insane at the time). Neighbours was the first show to go back anywhere, that I heard of, and they were saying they were getting calls from everyone asking how they were managing. I know the UK soaps give a lot of credit to the people at Neighbours for getting them restarted.

I think it makes sense in terms of Linda, but they're being so careful with her (as they should be). I guess with the rest, it may be a matter of not wanting everyone to have to isolate if one tests positive, which makes sense, really. If they don't have them in bubbles, one testing positive means losing everyone. Whereas if they bubble them in their partnerships, all they need to do is give a story reason for that partnership being absent for a couple of episodes.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 01-01-2021, 08:55 PM
Master Fan

That is sad to hear. CBS is considering stopping firming of both their popular soaps for 2 weeks but they don’t know yet.
Old 01-01-2021, 09:12 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Home & Away had bubbles still I think. Could be wrong. They film near me & up until last month this area has been safe with under 10 cases if not under 5 at any time. So if they didn't do anything I can't exactly fault them considering where they were filming. Now they better put up restrictions or film elsewhere since this is a hotspot & the only place in the country under 'lockdown' (although all of Sydney now has restrictions again now)
Neighbours must've been the one I was reading about then . Couldn't remember if it was just the one or both

Yes Linda I understand. They did wonderful with including her but also keeping her safe. Its the rest I'm not sure on. Unless it is precautions in case they can bring Linda in later? Their bubbles work if someone does test positive though so they're good in that sense. Just funny considering its meant to be past covid & yet its the most obvious one with separation between cast members

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-01-2021, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, it sounded insane at first, but I figured that the cases must be so low that there was no reason for it. I assume they would have taken a filming break for the holidays? Maybe they'll have something in place when they return if cases are up there.

Those poor Neighbours producers getting all those calls from the rest of the planet It's funny because they weren't exactly experts, they were just the first to take the risk.

It could be precautions, but tbh, I don't think they should be bringing Linda in too much to soon. No excuse for risking her unnecessarily. They can make do with what she can do at home.

It's funny that it worked out that way.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 01-01-2021, 09:54 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Supposedly they finished up filming just in time (like the day before exposure I read). I'm not sure when they're meant to resume filming but yes for the bulk of it they've taken a break for the holidays. If they finished up before they must've finished up on the 10th. The cases have mostly been reported from the 11th, with most of them coming from the days/week just after. I think the "Avalon cluster" is at just under 150 cases since it was first found on the 17th so while small compared to other countries that's high for us & the area is in lockdown. You're only allowed to enter or leave for work, education, or medical purposes (you're allowed to leave your home for groceries, but it must be within this area). I can't imagine that Home & Away will be allowed in to film without precautions taken but if they come in, don't interact with the residents in the area, then leave again maybe its fine.

Yeah I feel sorry for Neighbours, but kinda also like that the 'answers' were coming from Australia. All eyes on us as if we had all the answers when we have no idea still, we just have low cases (in comparison) so can be brave to try sooner probably

I don't think they should bring Linda in either & don't think they will. They seem really good in what they're doing. She isn't necessary. It seems like Nell is in contact with her so that's enough. We don't need to see her to know she's there. Just film scenes from her driveway when things are actually better coming from her

This doesn't really contain spoilers but posting it in here anyway. (I've posed all LA-related questions in here)
Quote:
8 Questions We Have for 'NCIS,' 'LA,' & 'New Orleans' in 2021

NCIS: LA: Where is Hetty?

So far in Season 12, Hetty has only appeared twice, both via video chat. And all we know is she looks like she’s “nowhere I want to be” (it looks like the middle of a war zone). She has intelligence analyst Nell (Renée Felice Smith), who tried to quit last season, filling in for her, but how long will it be before Hetty returns in person or the team gets involved in what she’s up to?

NCIS: LA: What will Deeks becoming an agent mean?

Just as Deeks is feeling pretty down about his professional future — his liaison position was terminated, and LAPD furloughed him — Hetty calls in a favor and gets him accepted to FLETC. He’s going to be an agent. (It’s about time, really.)

But will we see him and Kensi as partners in the field again? Was he right to worry about being transferred anywhere? Will Deeks still be selling the bar so the couple can buy their new house, or does he no longer need to?

NCIS: LA: Will Callen propose to Anna?

Special Agent G. Callen (Chris O’Donnell) and Anna Kolcheck (Bar Paly) are finally making it work (it helps that she can, mostly, stay in Los Angeles and isn’t a fugitive anymore). And when Callen reunites with his foster brother, Raymond (Demetrius Grosse) asks about his personal life and advises him not to wait upon learning he’s in a potentially serious relationship.

Could there be a ring in the future? (How hilarious would be it to see Callen even approach Anna’s father, Arkady, played by Vyto Ruginis, about proposing? Or Arkady finding out his plans on his own?)

Will there be any kind of crossover?

NCIS and Los Angeles have had mini-crossovers over the years, while the mothership and New Orleans have had major two-parters. Is there any sort of crossover in the future for any combination of the three shows?
I do wonder when we will find out where Hetty is but I wouldn't ask it just yet or want them to explore it for Linda's sake. She's simply written out for her safety right now for me so I don't mind her absence.

I find it funny their third question is about Callen asking Arkady for permission given it certainly seems like that's what the next episode will be doing

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-01-2021, 10:16 PM
Master Fan

I miss hetty she is awesome
Old 01-01-2021, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't like seeing all the complaints about Hetty not being seen right now. It's absolutely not worth the risk. Just knowing she's in contact is more than enough, because lbr we don't absolutely need that.

Callen's talk with Arkady will be everything. It needs to be very Arkady.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 01-12-2021, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Any NCIS: LA spoilers? Especially involving Callen and Anna? –Ellie
I am hearing that this Sunday’s episode (CBS, 8/7c) is a must-see for Anna/Callen fans, in the wake of his frustratingly unproductive, recent convo with Arkady.

I really miss Barrett Foa/Eric Beale on NCIS:LA! Please tell me he’s coming back again? –Christie
Worry not, you will see Foa/Eric again this coming Sunday.
X

Leigh Tumblr
Old 01-12-2021, 06:05 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Thanks for that

Hasn't Beale been in some of the recent episodes?

Quote:
in the wake of his frustratingly unproductive, recent convo with Arkady
well that sounds disappointing

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-12-2021, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He has, from what I've seen.

Arkady just made it very Arkady What confuses me is why this next episode would be a must-see for Callen/Anna fans when Bar isn't even in it. Is he gonna propose off screen then come back at the end to tell everyone what she said?

Leigh Tumblr
Old 01-12-2021, 06:18 PM
Graphics Team Manager

That's what I thought, at least going by the episode stills . But maybe they asked that towards the start of the season or after only seeing those episodes...

Fair enough . That sounds better than how they were describing it
He better not do that . Maybe her appearance is being kept secret?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-12-2021, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I've only seen the first two, and he wasn't in those, but I'm certain I've seen stills of him with facial hair

Can't really blame Arkady, tbh. We've said it ourselves, neither Callen nor Anna have ever really been the marriage type. We've been given hints that that may have changed, but Arkady hadn't, of course he would assume Callen wanted to talk about something else. Not as if he realised things were different for Callen now - the guy is oblivious.

It could be, but if they were doing that, why would they then put in the episode press release that Callen goes to see Anna to ask a question. It'd make more sense to leave both out.

Also is Callen really leaving mid-case to randomly propose to Anna? Like, it can't wait until after the case? Or until she's back?

Leigh Tumblr
Old 01-12-2021, 06:34 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't think I've seen him in the episodes which have aired here (I've seen all but the Christmas ep which aired here last night) but I know he was in the episode stills since & for that episode.

Arkady is oblivious to things. He would just expect Callen to talk to him about a case or if something had happened to Anna. Marriage probably wouldn't ever cross his mind as an option for a discussion, especially when you take into consideration that it is Callen & Anna we're talking about

I hadn't read the episode description yet. She better be in that episode! Reading that now it sounds a bit odd. The wording doesn't make sense since they're mid-case. Really stupid if she isn't in the episode as fans will want to see that moment. But also seems strange for Callen to leave during a case unless it is an emergency

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-12-2021, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, he's gotta be in something coming up, because he was for sure in stills.

Yeah, people on social media seemed to be annoyed with him, but Callen never actually specifically told him what he wanted to talk about. It wasn't like he asked and Arkady talked him out of it. Callen didn't ask, and Arkady was trying to figure out what Callen wanted when he ruled that out because they're "not the marriage type". Sure, Callen did start by saying how much Anna means to him, but this is Arkady, he probably just thought Callen was being weird, telling him things he already knew.

Yeah, the episode description says he goes to her to ask her a question or something like that, but she's not in the guest cast list. If they were holding her name back it seems odd to mention it in the description.

I guess he could leave at the end of the episode, so he does technically go, and it's just misleading

Leigh Tumblr
Old 01-12-2021, 07:08 PM
Graphics Team Manager

CBS's press site is blocked for me when I'm using my parents internet so I can't check but I know I've seen him. I might have even used a pic of him in one of the threads actually

Arkady would've thought that . Then Callen might think for a second maybe he shouldn't but I doubt Arkady would talk him out completely. It is Arkady we're talking about. You shouldn't pay a whole lot attention to what he's saying or take him seriously...
The other side of it is maybe Arkady is against marriage himself. Maybe he had bad experiences with it? So then he would say something negative about it but it has nothing to do with Callen & Anna or how he'd actually feel about them getting married. At the end of the day he just wants Anna to be safe & happy so if Callen will provide her that he'd like that

It doesn't make sense to have her name in one area but not the other. I'm presuming he actually goes at the end of the episode but we get him thinking about it more during the episode. He's quite possibly distracted so they tell him to go before the episode ends tbh. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't actually get the proposal until the following episode (so Feb ) & she'll appear then. Or at the very end they do a cruel cliff hanger where you see him knocking on a door & asking but not her. Then the next episode opens up with him proposing & her answer & you see her

Chelle » join GTmy art
Closed Thread   Post New Thread