Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2023, 06:21 PM
Graphics Team Manager

NCIS: Los Angeles - "The Reckoning" (14.19) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs May 7th @ 10PM ET/PT)

NCIS: Los Angeles 14.19 - "The Reckoning"
Original Airdate: May 7, 2023 @ 10PM ET / PT

x

Episode Summary
When four people, including a CIA officer, are shot and killed in broad daylight, the NCIS
team suspects the attacks have something to do with DRONA. Also, Pembrook meets
with Callen and gives more insight into his past.
Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 10:04 PM
Extreme Fan

This can't end without Hetty's name being cleared of this junk. She would never abuse Callen in whatever gaslighting way that Pembrooke will definitely try to get Callen to believe!
Ladybird16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 04:01 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I'm actually hoping that it is a proper conversation, with truth, not just Callen forcing answers & Penbrooke screwing around & throwing more dirt into the wounds

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-06-2023, 09:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Same! I also hope the writer of this episode doesn't fully end up messing things up for Hetty as well. (Frank Military's very dark style of writing the last few years bugs me, and I'm worried of what that dark tone could end up doing in the end to Callen and Hetty's relationship)
Old 05-06-2023, 10:07 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah he has, but I'd like to think we can trust him with the heart of the show which is very much Callen & his story. It isn't just a random writer, it is one who's been with the show & knows its history, & is a producer on it. But then he's also responsible for the body stitchers group episodes & David Kessler... It is a shame they didn't get Shane Brennan back involved with the show to help close it out. I feel like he would've done a better job or we could've trusted him better. But understandably he's moved on & presumably busy at the moment if production has started for NCIS Sydney.

Maybe we'll get lucky & the episode will have a dark tone, Penbrooke can remain being dark, & Hetty can still come out good.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-07-2023, 08:14 PM
Extreme Fan

I, never thought I would ever get to say this again, after all this time. But...

Frank Military did good here! He really did! Yeah, that episode had his typical 'graphic injury' trope, but this was a real good episode!

This ending, was the peaceful resolution that I was hoping for!! Yes, Hetty wasn't perfect (no parent ever is), but she really did her best to take care of Callen, and that is 100% canon fact now!

I'll always be really confused by all this Drona/Subject 17 junk, (or maybe that was RSG's point this whole time), but at least Hetty's name has been cleared of the dirty stuff.

All that's left to do now is get her back before this is all over.

(and also, I HATED THAT UPSTAIRS OFFICE!!! Soooo happy someone finally found a way to wreck it!!)
Old 05-08-2023, 12:17 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Glad he didn't disappointed & turned things around . That was what I was hoping for from the episode to wrap up the show as it is what was needed.

I'll probably watch the ep tomorrow. It isn't on Paramount+ yet. Not sure when it gets uploaded, think it is Tuesday as otherwise they'd need to work out at what time during my Monday it'd be ok to add

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-08-2023, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They did not really wreck the office. All they have to do is replace the windows LOL. But the way the office was located. It helped Kilbride in the end.

A lot of answers. Of course the show was ending, and they had do some quick writing. And I wish we had Hetty back for. Maybe we will get a cameo in the finale, and she and Callen can have some words about it.

But it spoke to probably the truth.

Callen's past has gone on for so long, with so many different pathways. I also don't know all the twists and turns. It's basically the American version of what Anna went through. No wonder they are perfect for each other.

But Callen was removed early enough that it did not totally corrupt him.

Interesting reference to Sam in it. How it lead to Sam and Callen's partnership.

Although I wish we had seen him. And it was not one of those missing episodes.

But a intense episode.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 03:45 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Looks like someone is taking out DRONA members

Nice that Pembrooke reached out to Callen to talk & it wasn't Callen going after him.Doesn't sound wise for him to go alone though

Clever Fatima to get Kilbride out of the room to share that Cortese was lying

Smart thinking pulling a gun in a glass office in a building full of agents

Hetty redemption that sounds far more likely than her being involved in something negative

Callen in Hetty's office would have been perfect time for her to call him. At least he got the files from Pembrooke. Hopefully that & his words gives Callen closure. She truly is his mother & protects him. All her team, but Callen will always be her son.
Even Penbrooke looked out for Callen? Wow. Guess it makes sense to repair damage but why do that for one while turning others into monsters?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread